locked WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Bob

Still no keyboard shortcuts for mode change?

Tom Melvin

’Still ...'

With the introduction of all the new modes I would say it is un-practical and you can setup a config for the modes you are interested in.

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 28 Sep 2020, at 16:16, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Still no keyboard shortcuts for mode change?

neil_zampella

I agree .. I suspect its not that easy to switch WSJT-X modes (FT8 to JT65) as it is to switch rig modes (USB to LSB).   You don't have to restart the rig to do that, I suspect the program needs to reset some software 'switches', and startup the decoder with a different set of parameters.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 11:02 AM, Tom Melvin wrote:
’Still ...'

With the introduction of all the new modes I would say it is un-practical and you can setup a config for the modes you are interested in.

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 28 Sep 2020, at 16:16, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Still no keyboard shortcuts for mode change?

Bob

Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).

neil_zampella

In that case .. you write the code to do this and submit it.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 12:05 PM, Bob wrote:
Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).

Joe Subich, W4TV

Or get a utility package like Auto Hot Key, define your own "hot keys"
and write your own script that selects the "Configurations" menu,
selects the desired mode (configuration file), then selects "Switch to".

It's not exactly brain surgery ...

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 9/28/2020 12:05 PM, Bob wrote:
Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu
click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination
being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better
than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).

M0PWX

installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab

is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for these (not licensed yet so can only listen)

everything else i use seemed to work fine

Bill Somerville

On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab

is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for these (not licensed yet so can only listen)

everything else i use seemed to work fine
Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

JP Tucson, AZ

Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please.

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

Georgina Joyce

Hello,

That would be nice to resolve all our accessibility problems.

73

On 9/28/2020 12:05 PM, Bob wrote:
Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu
click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination
being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better
than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

JP Tucson, AZ

Ooops!

"...own additions are NOT lost"

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:35 PM JP Tucson, AZ via groups.io <samcat88az=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please.

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

Hi John,

if you right-click the "Settings->Frequencies->Working Frequencies" table body you will find some actions that allow you to do what you wish.  Try this recipe:
  1. Select all your custom frequencies, you can select multiple rows either in blocks with a click at the start and a shift+click at the end, and disjoint rows with a ctrl+click (basically the normal rules for multiple selections),
  2. righ-click on one of the selected rows and choose the "Save as ..." action, that allows you to save a file containing the rows you have selected (keep this file for future reference, it will have a .qrg file extension by deafult),
  3. reset the working frequencies table,
  4. right-click the working frequencies table and select "Merge ..." to merge back in your custom frequencies from the saved file.

On 28/09/2020 22:35, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please.

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

Jeff Stillinger

This one is for Bill...

2.3.0 rc-1 built with several compiler warnings.   Should I assume the team is aware and dealing with them, or would you like a full report?

JP Tucson, AZ

Thanks Bill

73 - John - N7GHZ

On 28/09/2020 22:49, Jeff Stillinger wrote:
This one is for Bill...

2.3.0 rc-1 built with several compiler warnings.   Should I assume the team is aware and dealing with them, or would you like a full report?
Hi Jeff,

we have cleaned up a lot of compiler warnings recently, the job continues. We think you can safely ignore the remain ones.

M0PWX

Thanks Bill

only problem is my Xiegu G90 won't go below 500Khz, as dick dastardly would have said

drat, drat and double drat :(

will have to have a look with my SDR dongle and down convertor, that will go down to 100khz

73

peter

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/

Darl DEEDS

I believe he said that no code is needed. But in any case do you know who he is? I do and he could.  73

Darl  NA8W