locked Sub-Process Error when Band Hopping using WSJT-X v2.2.2

Dick Bingham

Greetings All

When Band-Hopping I get Subprocess error

Running C:\wsjt\wsjt-x\bin\user_hardware 20
Process failed to start, the system can not find the file specified

This happens immediately when the SW jumps to a new band

Anyone else experience this ? I am using a DELL Latitude E6510 laptop
running WIN-7

73  Dick/w7wkr

neil_zampella

Known issue with v2.2.2 and WSPR .. the recommendation is to use v2.1.2 ... I would install it in a different directory than v2.2.2 (don't overwrite)  as v2.2.2 works fine for other modes.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.1.2/

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/8/2020 7:52 PM, Dick Bingham wrote:
Greetings All

When Band-Hopping I get Subprocess error

Running C:\wsjt\wsjt-x\bin\user_hardware 20
Process failed to start, the system can not find the file specified

This happens immediately when the SW jumps to a new band

Anyone else experience this ? I am using a DELL Latitude E6510 laptop
running WIN-7

73  Dick/w7wkr

Bill Somerville

Hi Dick,

what Neil said, except the issue is only with WSPR band-hopping mode, WSPR Tx and Rx without band-hopping works in WSJT-X v2.2.2.

On 09/09/2020 06:18, neil_zampella wrote:

Known issue with v2.2.2 and WSPR .. the recommendation is to use v2.1.2 ... I would install it in a different directory than v2.2.2 (don't overwrite)  as v2.2.2 works fine for other modes.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.1.2/

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/8/2020 7:52 PM, Dick Bingham wrote:
Greetings All

When Band-Hopping I get Subprocess error

Running C:\wsjt\wsjt-x\bin\user_hardware 20
Process failed to start, the system can not find the file specified

This happens immediately when the SW jumps to a new band

Anyone else experience this ? I am using a DELL Latitude E6510 laptop
running WIN-7

73  Dick/w7wkr

Dick Bingham

Bill/Neil

Thank you for the reply and explanation.. I will keep using v2.2.2
and just not use the "Band Hopping" option. When the problem is
resolved I will install the new SW.

Again, thanks for the reply.    Dick/w7wkr

Bruce KX4AZ

I was delighted to discover that the new version 2.2.3 release candidate has fixed the frequency hopping error for WSPR mode.  Yay!!!!

Edward

Would it work to create an empty user_hardware.cmd script file so WSJT-X doesn't fail to find it?
If I don't need to do anything to change bands, the script is pretty simple.

--
"K4EGP / Edward G Prentice" <K4EGP.ham@...>
Retired software engineer QTH:EM95na