Topics

WSJTX not Decoding + No Transmit Power being sent through radio

Grumpyguy

I know you have tested the G-90 and I have not only reviewed countless threads and even followed Julians setup for digi mode which is what I'm truly interested in over anything else.  I'm at my wits end with this
I'm using a MacLoggerDX as my rig control and DigiMod-3 as my Cat interface as well as the audio.  My problem is this:Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.53.34 AM.png

image.png

Only thing I get on WSJT-X is the following screenshot.  Nothing decodes no matter what band I'm on and when I press enable Tx it switches over to the G-90  with no problem and keys it up but when looking at the G-90 it states no wattage or power is going through.  I'm truly at a loss as to what to do and as well who to turn to for help.  I also checked my computer time and it is synced appropriately.  I'm truly ready to give up on this.  I reconnect the Feedline  to the at both ends 3 times thinking may it was not a good connection and still nothing.  I'm using a EmComm III portable antenna.  I have it set up on my side yard, because I want to make sure it works, before I start going portable with it.  Could you please help me if at all possible Thanks....

73
Derek - N2ZOD

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Al Rusnak

Derek:

I’m not familiar with the G90, but why don’t you try running WSJTx without the rig control and cat interface software that you identified.  WSJT does all of that.  Suspect your other programs might be blocking  / interfering with the commands from WSJTX.

Al, KE6JAC

[...]

Hello Al,

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried that that as well and same results.  I even install the WSJT-X on a windows computer without Rig control and got the same exact results.  I really don' t know what is going on.  I'm extremely frustrated at this point to say the least.

Derek

[...]

Reino Talarmo

Hi Derek,

It seems that you don’t have an audio connection between PC and your rig. Rig control is normally independent of that.
How you have connected audio?

73, Reino OH3mA

I know you have tested the G-90 and I have not only reviewed countless threads and even followed Julians setup for digi mode which is what I'm truly interested in over anything else.  I'm at my wits end with this

I'm using a MacLoggerDX as my rig control and DigiMod-3 as my Cat interface as well as the audio.  My problem is this:Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.53.34 AM.png

Image removed by sender. image.png

[...]

Hi Reino,

I'm using DigiMod-3 as my audio interface between the pc and radio.  It was highly recommended and now I'm finding that several people have had  hit and miss success with it.  I will try finding an replacement for it today and give that a try.

[...]

neil_zampella

Is that the Xggcomms Digimode-3 for the Xiegu G90?   Did you see this on that page:

"READ ME - PTT operation. For use with the X5105 and G90 transceivers the PTT needs to be actuated via the CAT commands.  For this, you will need a separate USB CAT interface. If you do not have one, have a look at our USB CAT Interface Xiegu-Cable-1-USB product (in the shop below) which will work alongside this interface. The Xiegu X108G, the PTT can be keyed via the interface built-in Vox circuit.'

Do you have a CAT cable?

Also ... did you read the directions in this PDF about that rig and the Digimode-3?   http://xggcomms.com/userimages/USB-Digimode-3.pdf

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/7/2020 10:04 AM, Grumpyguy via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Attachments:

Grumpyguy

Hi Neil,

Yes, I read that and ordered both the Xiegu -Cable for cat control along with the DigiMod-3.  The cat control is no problem.  Like Al, stated I believe its going to be in the Digimod-3 sound card itself.

73

[...]

Since you're using a Mac, do you see the USB soundcard when you check for audio devices?

I would contact the owner of Xggcomms and see if he can provide additional troubleshooting.    Since you said audio didn't work on a Windows computer it may be an issue with the cable.

That said, are there any rig menu settings that pertain to audio?

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/7/2020 11:17 AM, Grumpyguy via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks everyone, I figured out my problem it was the audio not getting in or out and I hate to tell you the reason why (hihi).  However, I will, I stupidly forced the din into the radio wrong and pushed or broke some of the pins. So, needless to say I just ordered another Xggcomms Digimod-3.

I thank all of you al for your help and support and directing me in the right direction.

[...]

Filipe Jorge <ct1bsd@...>

You had that problem, no power comes out from the radio, and I also have the some problem that start Sunday night, suddenly, in my case it's broken pin's on Digimode III, it's for sure some thing in the PC/Hardware, or some Windows upgrade, and reason why I'm having 100%sure it's because I test Digimode III on other PC and everything it's ok. So, let ask the following any ideas? The USB ports are ok because I test with other devices, the audio configuration I made a compare between both PC's and they are equal. The only thing I can add is the following, the problem starts after receiving a FB notification, it makes a bit or whatever and after that the interface no longer was able to work. For me it's a Windows issue, but to be honest closer to install windows again, or maybe a different OS. If some one have an idea please share.