Kernel32 issue #install #BugReport

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Greetings to all!
Hope you are good in health.
Just install WSJT-X version 2.2.2 and run into the following issue, reported when I try to start the program.
wsjt.exe
Entry point not found
The procedure entry point RaiseFailFastException could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Using Windows Vista - Service Pack 2. Version 2.1.0 had no such issue. Don't tell me that Vista are also no longer supported?! Any workaround?

Thank you in advance!
73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!

Bill Somerville

On 18/08/2020 13:33, Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos wrote:
Greetings to all!
Hope you are good in health.
Just install WSJT-X version 2.2.2 and run into the following issue, reported when I try to start the program.
wsjt.exe
Entry point not found
The procedure entry point RaiseFailFastException could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Using Windows Vista - Service Pack 2. Version 2.1.0 had no such issue. Don't tell me that Vista are also no longer supported?! Any workaround?

Thank you in advance!
73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!
Hi Dennis,

supported operating system versions are listed next to the download links on the project web site:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

Jon Hall

Hi Dennis.

I too use a very 'old' laptop.

I've replaced the ancient windows OS with a brand new version of ubuntu.
I find this is a far superior option. Yes there's a bit of self-tutorial involved.
atb, Jon

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Bill es Jon thank you!
I thought so about the deprecated OS, two last questions.
Whichis the latest & greatest WSJT version that supports WinVista?
And there is no workaround I could use?

73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!