locked V2.2.2 stops working

Lars Berg

Working perfect for some hours, then  WSJTX stops with the this error. The only way I have found start WSJTx again is to make a  computer restart.
Using an IC-7100, W10 PRO 2004 , Fujitsi lunchbox, 2.9GHz, 16GB. SiliconLabs drivers
This happens one or twice times a day.
Any hint of what going wrong.
73 de Lars SM3CCM

Bill Somerville

On 29/07/2020 12:56, Lars Berg wrote:
Working perfect for some hours, then  WSJTX stops with the this error. The only way I have found start WSJTx again is to make a  computer restart.
Using an IC-7100, W10 PRO 2004 , Fujitsi lunchbox, 2.9GHz, 16GB. SiliconLabs drivers
This happens one or twice times a day.
Any hint of what going wrong.
73 de Lars SM3CCM
Hi Lars,

those are symptoms of a loss of USB connectivity to your rig sound card *and* CAT connection. What is the full rig control error please? You can copy the full text of the rig control error message to the Windows clipboard by hitting Ctrl+C while the error message window has keyboard focus.

Anthony Luscre

Check to make sure Com Port is not going to sleep and other com issues-

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Ohio Section Section Youth Coordinator & Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com

K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com

Amateur Radio Resources for Students/Youth - www.k8zt.com/hry

Larry E Sheriff

Windows 10 pro 2004 has problems if it was updated before july what 17th. if it was go back to 1906or 1909 and tell it to update again.

73, W4LES

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 08:06:06 AM EDT, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 29/07/2020 12:56, Lars Berg wrote:
> Working perfect for some hours, then  WSJTX stops with the this error.
> The only way I have found start WSJTx again is to make a  computer
> restart.
> Using an IC-7100, W10 PRO 2004 , Fujitsi lunchbox, 2.9GHz, 16GB.
> SiliconLabs drivers
> This happens one or twice times a day.
> Any hint of what going wrong.
> 73 de Lars SM3CCM

Hi Lars,

those are symptoms of a loss of USB connectivity to your rig sound card
*and* CAT connection. What is the full rig control error please? You can
copy the full text of the rig control error message to the Windows
clipboard by hitting Ctrl+C while the error message window has keyboard
focus.

Lars Berg

Anthony Thanks. You probably had it…

Change it this morning. 73 de Lars – SM3CCM

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

[...]

Sorry…  After 4 hours this morning the ”Error in Sound Input” is back. WSJTx is looked. Does not respond on ”Control C” in the error pop up. Does not respond on Ctrl-Alt-delete or anything I have tried. Have to press and hold the computer start button to be able to restart.

73 de Lars

[...]

something is seriously wrong with your PC if Ctrl+Alt+Del does not bring up the blue menu. Error messages from WSJT-X are the least of your issues. Are you sure you do not have a problem with your keyboard? If you keyboard is USB connected then there too is a clue. Your WSJT-X error messages show both audio and CAT control have been lost, if they and the keyboard all use USB then you have a problem with your PC's USB sub-system.

On 31/07/2020 10:12, Lars Berg wrote:

[...]

Hi Bill. Ctrl-Alt- Esc worked (new for me). The keyboard is a Logitech K520 connected to a LogiLink USB reciver. WSJTx has now been running for over 5 hours without any problems. Have put it on the Process Monitor with filter wsjtx.exe. It might give a cloe of what the problem is.

73  de Lars.   (BTW G5AKF, Brentford, was my UK call back in the 60’ies. )

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Change it this morning. 73 de Lars – SM3CCM

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Check to make sure Com Port is not going to sleep and other com issues-

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 7:56 AM Lars Berg <sm0ccm@...> wrote:

Working perfect for some hours, then  WSJTX stops with the this error. The only way I have found start WSJTx again is to make a  computer restart.
Using an IC-7100, W10 PRO 2004 , Fujitsi lunchbox, 2.9GHz, 16GB. SiliconLabs drivers
This happens one or twice times a day.
Any hint of what going wrong.
73 de Lars SM3CCM

Lars Berg

Problem solved ( I think).

I found out this did only happend  when I was running on 50MHZ and

only when my antenna was pointing at my house,  an Innov LFAQ 4el quad antennas at 10 meter,

and only if I’m running 25 watts or more.

I suspect its the USB cable running from my computer to the IC7100. Will try to find a new one with toroids.