locked logging to HRD issue

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

anyone else having issues logging to HRD log?  The interface works, just not every QSO gets sent over to HRD.  I am running v2.2.1.

73, Loren WA3WZR

Al W9KXI

I'm not.  It works 100% here.

BTW, I have Version 6.  I never attempted it with Ver. 5.

73, Al - W9KXI

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loren McCullough - WA3WZR
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 2:56 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] logging to HRD issue #log_issues

anyone else having issues logging to HRD log?  The interface works, just not every QSO gets sent over to HRD.  I am running v2.2.1.

73, Loren WA3WZR

Kyle K7UU

Same problem here.

Kyle
K7KE

Carl - WC4H

Are you using JTAlerts.  That works just fine.  Just tell it if you use 5.x or 6,.x.  There's as checkbox to select.

Carl - WC4H

Loren, look in the manual for a section on ‘QSO Forwarding’. A few clicks and all will be solved

73, Ted

K7TRK

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loren McCullough - WA3WZR
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 11:56 AM
Subject: [WSJTX] logging to HRD issue #log_issues

73, Loren WA3WZR

I am not using JTAlert.  This is WSJTX using QSO forwarding to HRDLog (latest v6).  I have been doing it for years, but now it only seems to occasionally forward the QSOs.

73, Loren WA3WZR

Jay - AE1J

I have the same configuration: QSO Forwarding from WSTY-X to HRD logger. Working perfectly here. I've seen no problems with QSOs being missed.

Jay - AE1J

Hi Loren, I asked Mike Carper about this, as I remembered Mike had done a YouTube on the topic. Here is his reply:

Yep, it's on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLt1zI1avx0&t=1s

Also in our online manual: https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/solutions/articles/51000052684-qso-forwarding

And no... no problems with this feature. About 95% of my QSOs are FT8 these days.

73 Mike, WA9PIE, VK4EIE”

Following the steps in the video worked for me and I’m sure it will fix your issue

73, Ted

K7TRK

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:39 AM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] logging to HRD issue #log_issues

I am not using JTAlert.  This is WSJTX using QSO forwarding to HRDLog (latest v6).  I have been doing it for years, but now it only seems to occasionally forward the QSOs.

73, Loren WA3WZR

Kyle K7UU

IMHO QSO forwarding is clunky programming. The approaches JTAlert and GridTracker take are better.

--Kyle--  K7KE

Al W9KXI

I "bumped into" that video awhile back and followed the steps that Mike outlines in the video.  There has been to problem here.

Al - W9KXI

HRD 6

Windows 7 32 bit

WSJT-X 2.2.2

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ted
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 6:39 PM
Cc: Michael Carper, Ph.D.

Hi Loren, I asked Mike Carper about this, as I remembered Mike had done a YouTube on the topic. Here is his reply:

Yep, it's on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLt1zI1avx0&t=1s

Also in our online manual: https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/support/solutions/articles/51000052684-qso-forwarding

And no... no problems with this feature. About 95% of my QSOs are FT8 these days.

73 Mike, WA9PIE, VK4EIE”

Following the steps in the video worked for me and I’m sure it will fix your issue

73, Ted

K7TRK

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:39 AM

73, Loren WA3WZR

Ok, you guys are missing the point here.  I already said I have been doing this for years with JT65 and FT8.  Just to be safe, I looked at the video and RTFM and verified what I already knew I had setup.  I still only get some (not all and it is very random) QSOs forwarded over to HRDLog.

So now what is the next suggestion to resolve, and no, I don't use JTAlert or any other automated way (I am a computer guy for the last 40 years, but called me old fashioned)  I only really use HRDLog to just forward the QSO to HRDnet.  My main logger is ACLog and I log everything manually.

73, Loren

So, Loren are you blaming the WSJT software or the HRD software?   

It seems plausible that YOU have some hardware issue, NOT a software issue, no?

73, Ted

K7TRK

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 1:40 PM

Ok, you guys are missing the point here.  I already said I have been doing this for years with JT65 and FT8.  Just to be safe, I looked at the video and RTFM and verified what I already knew I had setup.  I still only get some (not all and it is very random) QSOs forwarded over to HRDLog.

So now what is the next suggestion to resolve, and no, I don't use JTAlert or any other automated way (I am a computer guy for the last 40 years, but called me old fashioned)  I only really use HRDLog to just forward the QSO to HRDnet.  My main logger is ACLog and I log everything manually.

73, Loren

Don Roden

Don't be throwing crayons.

Don W4DNR

I am not blaming either software.  I am also not ruling out hardware, or some other piece of software causing the issue, I am just looking for help in finding the issue.  I come here to get assistance from other users, or experts, and maybe get an intelligent answer and resolution that may also help someone with the same problem?

Ham Radio, as in life, is not one size fits all.  You ask 100 hams what is the best radio, or antenna, or mode, or logging software, you will get 100 different answers, and each one of them is right.  For that person.

If there is a better forum for helping me diagnose this issue to a resolution, then please direct me in that direction.

Loren WA3WZR

OZ4GD

Well spoken Loren.

If you have a ”work around” to solve the actual problem you can use this solution temporally .

We remember many programs Is free to use, made by enthusiasts  who use a lot of spare time to develop these.

I have done this too.

OZ4GD / Per

Fra: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> På vegne af Loren McCullough - WA3WZR
Sendt: 13. juli 2020 14:05
Til: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Emne: Re: [WSJTX] logging to HRD issue #log_issues

I am not blaming either software.  I am also not ruling out hardware, or some other piece of software causing the issue, I am just looking for help in finding the issue.  I come here to get assistance from other users, or experts, and maybe get an intelligent answer and resolution that may also help someone with the same problem?

Ham Radio, as in life, is not one size fits all.  You ask 100 hams what is the best radio, or antenna, or mode, or logging software, you will get 100 different answers, and each one of them is right.  For that person.

If there is a better forum for helping me diagnose this issue to a resolution, then please direct me in that direction.

Loren WA3WZR

Update and possible solution on my HRD logging issue.  As a recap, I have been using the interface to HRDLog for years and all of a sudden log records were intermittently not being sent to HRDLog.  After having an issue with a website being blocked this week (HRDLOG.net) by Kaspersky, and not finding a way to allow the website functionality, I uninstalled Kasperski and since then every QSO has been logged to HRDLog.  There was no indication of any blocking messages or any reason why only some QSOs were being forwarded to HRDLog.

So I guess this is just a warning to others having this issue that it may be your security software causing the issue.

Loren WA3WZR

chas cartmel

Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but what is the interface to HRDlog.net?
I use HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) via JTAlert and all is well, but also use HRDlog.net as it has a link to my website. I have to update via ADIF file at intervals as I cannot see any interface either in WSJT-X or on the HRDlog webpage.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

Sent: 31 October 2020 13:35

Update and possible solution on my HRD logging issue.  As a recap, I have been using the interface to HRDLog for years and all of a sudden log records were intermittently not being sent to HRDLog.  After having an issue with a website being blocked this week (HRDLOG.net) by Kaspersky, and not finding a way to allow the website functionality, I uninstalled Kasperski and since then every QSO has been logged to HRDLog.  There was no indication of any blocking messages or any reason why only some QSOs were being forwarded to HRDLog.

So I guess this is just a warning to others having this issue that it may be your security software causing the issue.

Loren WA3WZR

This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com

chas cartmel

Can you put the HRDlog website in a white list in Kaspersky?

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

Sent: 31 October 2020 13:35

Loren WA3WZR

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/11/2020 3:55 am, chas cartmel wrote:
I use HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) via JTAlert and all is well, but also use HRDlog.net as it has a link to my website. I have to update via ADIF file at intervals

If you're using JTAlert, you can have it automatically upload to multiple online logs, including HRDLog.net.

de Laurie VK3AMA

chas cartmel

Thanks Laurie.
I looked but didn’t see it listed. I am using latest version.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: 31 October 2020 17:19

On 1/11/2020 3:55 am, chas cartmel wrote:

I use HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) via JTAlert and all is well, but also use HRDlog.net as it has a link to my website. I have to update via ADIF file at intervals

If you're using JTAlert, you can have it automatically upload to multiple online logs, including HRDLog.net.

de Laurie VK3AMA