Ver 2.2.2 fails writing Q5 bin files #install

K1UO - Larry

Trying to update from 2.1.2 to 2.2.2 and get write errors referring to the WSJT\wsjtx\bin\Q5 library files.  Says it cannot write to these files (all of the Q5 series).  I verified the files are indeed there but dont know what to do to get by this.  Suggestions/help please.

Working all ok on Ver 2.1.2 and Win 7 /64 OS.

Thanks
Larry - K1UO

Bill Somerville

On 07/07/2020 16:10, K1UO - Larry via groups.io wrote:
Trying to update from 2.1.2 to 2.2.2 and get write errors referring to the WSJT\wsjtx\bin\Q5 library files.  Says it cannot write to these files (all of the Q5 series).  I verified the files are indeed there but dont know what to do to get by this.  Suggestions/help please.

Working all ok on Ver 2.1.2 and Win 7 /64 OS.

Thanks
Larry - K1UO
Hi Larry,

the WSJT-X installer is quite basic, it does not work correctly if you have the WSJT-X installation running while you try and upgrade it. If you shut down WSJT-X and re-install v2.2.2 you should be OK.