locked #FIELD DAY

James Quick

I am getting ready for field day and I can’t get WSJT-X to let me put in my exchange and state. I will be operating from home and I put in,

1D
SC

And it tells me that is wrong. I have 1 radio and operating from home, (D) and I operate from my house in South Carolina. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jim Quick / N4ULE

robert kupps

HI JIM,

Is the 1D SC in the same box?
robert
w6ino

On Jun 20, 2020, at 3:30 PM, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

I am getting ready for field day and I can’t get WSJT-X to let me put in my exchange and state. I will be operating from home and I put in,

1D
SC

And it tells me that is wrong. I have 1 radio and operating from home, (D) and I operate from my house in South Carolina. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jim Quick / N4ULE

W6INO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. 
 So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
 -Mark  Twain

James Quick

That was the problem! Thanks!!

Jim Quick / N4ULE

On Jun 20, 2020, at 6:48 PM, robert kupps <nhiskups@...> wrote:

HI JIM,

Is the 1D SC in the same box?
robert
w6ino

On Jun 20, 2020, at 3:30 PM, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

1D
SC

Jim Quick / N4ULE

W6INO

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. 
 So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
 -Mark  Twain

Charles Fricks, AF5FB

What box do you put them in?

robert kupps

Hi Charles<
go to Advanced in the preferences>
here’s mine for FD
robert W6INO

On Jun 21, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Charles Fricks, AF5FB <clavier@...> wrote:

W6INO

-Mark  Twain

Hank Garretson

Make sure you additionally check Special Operating Activity in upper-left corner.

Contest, Cope Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 3:37 PM robert kupps <nhiskups@...> wrote:
Hi Charles<
go to Advanced in the preferences>
here’s mine for FD
robert W6INO

On Jun 21, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Charles Fricks, AF5FB <clavier@...> wrote:

W6INO

-Mark  Twain

Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...>

File, Settings, Advanced.  Check special operating activity, then put 1D NTX, STX, or WTX.  Since you are more North than South or West I would say NTX.  It Goes in the FD EXCH Box.  So you would say 1D NTX in the same box. Now until you get thru with Field Day leave that box unchecked.  Otherwise you will be giving out a report of 1D NTX rather than your grid.

Hope this helps.  We are running N1MM Logger with WSJT-X for FD but you can just run WSJT-X by itself.  Make sure when the logging page comes up it is blank.  I believe WSJT-X starts a new log for you just for field Day.

Ed.. AB4IQ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Charles Fricks, AF5FB
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 3:11 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #FIELD DAY

Charles Fricks, AF5FB

Found it--thanks!

Reino Talarmo

Hi Ed and All.

Just a minor issue about special operations contest logs. You need by yourself manage the log in the sense that there is no automatic new log function. Contest log is kept in a database that is independent of the normal log (wsjtx_log.adi). Before a contest you need to reset the contest log File -> Reset Cabrillo log… and after the contest export than log by Export Cabrillo log… Of course you may use any other logging software and forget the wsjt-x tools of use the wsjtx_log.adi file as contest log, if accepted in contest.

73, Reino OH3mA

PS  The database is retained, if wsjt-x is uninstalled and re-installed or a new version is installed.

>I believe WSJT-X starts a new log for you just for field Day.

Ed.. AB4IQ