locked WSJTX + N1MM

Tad Danley K3TD

Using the instructions at rttycontesting.com to set up WSJT to work with N1MM+ and my IC-7610.  As recommended I installed and configured WSJT v2.2.1 yesterday and had it operating stand alone and made several FT 8 contacts before trying to get it to work with N1MM.

This morning when I tried the instructions for getting it to work with the latest version of  N1MM+ v1.0.8465.0, my WSJT is not interfacing with the IC-7610 and I get the red CAT failure light, and the WSJT-X For EW1window shows the frequency in Red.  In addition, the IC-7610 switches to PSK mode instead of USB-D2 as it was yesterday.  I can touch the PSK mode on the 7610 screen and select USB-D2 under SSB but I still don’t have CAT or PTT.  Also, the top of the N1MM logging screen shows Contact Mode FT8 < > Contest Mode (Mixed)!

Finally, I am receiving FT8 activity in the Band Activity screen, and if I shut down WSJT and then N1MM and launch only WSJT it operates normally.

Not sure where to start or whether I need to go back and start the integration process again?

73,

Tad Danley, K3TD

ve3ki

When used with N1MM+, WSJT-X does not have any direct CAT control. All CAT control is done through N1MM+ (using WSJT-X's interface for "DX Lab Suite Commander"), and N1MM+ must be configured to do all rig control, including PTT and mode control as well as frequency control.

Consult the check list at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/wsjt-x-decode-list-window/#setup-checklist>. Make sure all of the steps in the checklist have been addressed.

73,
Rich VE3KI