locked Recovery

David Allen

How can I recover from a computer crash?

It took all my data.

I do use LoTW.

Dave Allen
AK5DA, EM22ih
Tyler, Texas

Andrew OBrien

You can download your LoTW log from the ARRL site .

Andy K3UK

Bill Somerville

On 23/05/2020 15:17, David Allen wrote:

How can I recover from a computer crash?

It took all my data.

I do use LoTW.

Dave Allen
AK5DA, EM22ih
Tyler, Texas

Hi Dave,

although you can download you QSOs uploaded to LoTW as an ADIF file, they only contain the fields relevant to LoTW QSL matching and are not a full record of your originally logged QSOs.

Unfortunately if you do not have a backup from you main station logging application you have lost a lot of information.

Gilbert Baron

LotW does not have everything but better than nothing. Just because the computer crashed does not mean your data is gone from the disk for sure. Try using it with a connection to a working computer and see if it is there. This assumes you have mot formatted or written to it yet.

Now you know why you need backups

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Kyle K7UU

Next time around get yourself a REAL backup program. I wouldn't touch Windows 10 built-in capabilities with a 10 ft. pole. At Minitool.com download the free version of MiniTool Shadowmaker. It is a rock solid backup program with a very simple to understand UI.

Kyle
K7KE

K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...>

Kyle,

I found it at the Link, below. (Very Cool!!)

TNX/73,     Bob  K8BL

On Saturday, May 23, 2020, 02:08:51 PM EDT, Kyle K7KE <kyle@...> wrote:

Next time around get yourself a REAL backup program. I wouldn't touch Windows 10 built-in capabilities with a 10 ft. pole. At Minitool.com download the free version of MiniTool Shadowmaker. It is a rock solid backup program with a very simple to understand UI.

Kyle
K7KE

Lars Berg

You can download your log, confirmed an unconfirmed QSO’s from

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Sorry. The page is https://www.rickmurphy.net/lotwquery.html

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

You can download your log, confirmed an unconfirmed QSO’s from

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

I found it at the Link, below. (Very Cool!!)

TNX/73,     Bob  K8BL

On Saturday, May 23, 2020, 02:08:51 PM EDT, Kyle K7KE <kyle@...> wrote:

Next time around get yourself a REAL backup program. I wouldn't touch Windows 10 built-in capabilities with a 10 ft. pole. At Minitool.com download the free version of MiniTool Shadowmaker. It is a rock solid backup program with a very simple to understand UI.

Kyle
K7KE

R S

Question:  Do you know if the operating system failed or did the hard drive fail?

If you maybe think the hard drive did not fail, (I don’t know if it’s in a desk top or laptop PC) and the hard has Not failed, you can remove it from the failed PC and install it in a working PC and windows will treat it just like a newly installed hard drive. The installed data used for the WSJTX will be there and accessible. No guarantees. I have done this many times in the past. But I have also had a Windows update wipe several hard drives with no possible way to even spin them up, period. Just a thought. Hope you can find a way.

Ron
KJ4FFG

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 15:48 Lars Berg <sm0ccm@...> wrote:

Sorry. The page is https://www.rickmurphy.net/lotwquery.html

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

You can download your log, confirmed an unconfirmed QSO’s from

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

I found it at the Link, below. (Very Cool!!)

TNX/73,     Bob  K8BL

On Saturday, May 23, 2020, 02:08:51 PM EDT, Kyle K7KE <kyle@...> wrote:

Next time around get yourself a REAL backup program. I wouldn't touch Windows 10 built-in capabilities with a 10 ft. pole. At Minitool.com download the free version of MiniTool Shadowmaker. It is a rock solid backup program with a very simple to understand UI.

Kyle
K7KE

d_ziolkowski

or buy a USB-adapter, to look at it, without installing it on another pc. hopefully your data will be there.

Dan KC2STA

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 9:40 AM R S <rsra.rons@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T