locked No TX4 toggle with / in the call

WA2NDV <frankatcvc@...>

I am running SES K2H/NAS and I can not toggle TX4 to RR73 when using that call. If I change call to K2H I am able to toggle. It will stay in the selected message when changing it back to K2H/NAS

I have seen it in the rc1 code and the previous GA release.

73
Frank
WA2NDV

Tom Carrubba KA2D

Hi Frank

I ran into the same issue soo..
After the RRR
I set free text Tx5 to
K2H V QRZ 73
to end contact plus promote webpage..

NOW... Today as K2H/SUF Tx4 is back to RR73... go figure.. I kinda like the extra TX as it promotes web..

Also, If another station calls K2H/ NY county with a slash "/" in call it will not sequence OR DISPLAY THE REPORT. When you toggle to Tx4 or Tx5 the 73 it will log OK with report... same will happen if another K2H/ SES calls you..Issue the other station might not know they are logged..

Ten is still open to SA... and I did work a few EU off the back of antenna..

CU -Tom KA2D

On 5/14/2020 5:56 PM, WA2NDV via groups.io wrote:

I am running SES K2H/NAS and I can not toggle TX4 to RR73 when using that call. If I change call to K2H I am able to toggle. It will stay in the selected message when changing it back to K2H/NAS

I have seen it in the rc1 code and the previous GA release.

73
Frank
WA2NDV

Bill Somerville

On 14/05/2020 22:56, WA2NDV via groups.io wrote:
I am running SES K2H/NAS and I can not toggle TX4 to RR73 when using that call. If I change call to K2H I am able to toggle. It will stay in the selected message when changing it back to K2H/NAS

I have seen it in the rc1 code and the previous GA release.

73
Frank
WA2NDV
Hi Frank,

if you look at the example in the WSJT-X User Guide here:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.2.0-rc1.html#COMP-CALL

you will see that the final 73 message is the only time that a station working another with a non-standard call sends the full call rather than a hash code. This is important because hash codes are not 100% two way, they may be incorrectly translated. The intent is that like reports full calls *sent in full* are confirmed by the station receiving them. Using a shortcut of RR73 means no 73 message is expected so in this case the minimum QSO may not be completed in full.

On 15/05/2020 00:16, Tom Carrubba KA2D wrote:
Also, If another station calls K2H/ NY county with a slash "/" in call it will not sequence OR DISPLAY THE REPORT. When you toggle to Tx4 or Tx5 the 73 it will log OK with report... same will happen if another K2H/ SES calls you..Issue the other station might not know they are logged..
Hi Tom,

as stated in the WSJT-X User Guide here in the last sentence of the third paragraph:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.2.0-rc1.html#COMP-CALL

QSOs between two non-standard calls are not supported.

WA2NDV <frankatcvc@...>

Thanks for the explanation Bill. Guess some of us are always in a rush LOL and I wanted to skip a transmission :)
I will go back to using the RRR for TX4

73
Frank