Topics

Collapased Waterfall and Decoding #waterfall


Marty Tressell
 

It appears others have the same issue with a collapassed waterfall...I am running windows 10 on my computer and had no issue until toward the end of April when I noticed the issue! I have uninstalled and re installed from scratch a
same issue.  

Today I decided to try JTDX to see if the issue persisted and it did with its waterfall as well!

Concluding it must be Windows issue and no updated since April 15 and it was working after that! Machine is updating a number of things today I will reboot and reinstall again to see what happens...

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
mtressell@...


Bill Somerville
 

On 12/05/2020 22:43, Marty Tressell wrote:
It appears others have the same issue with a collapassed waterfall...I am running windows 10 on my computer and had no issue until toward the end of April when I noticed the issue! I have uninstalled and re installed from scratch a
same issue.

Today I decided to try JTDX to see if the issue persisted and it did with its waterfall as well!

Concluding it must be Windows issue and no updated since April 15 and it was working after that! Machine is updating a number of things today I will reboot and reinstall again to see what happens...

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
@Mtressell
Marty,

please share with us what the issue is?

73
Bill
G4WJS.


Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@...>
 

It still happens from time to time here, too. I have concluded it must be some glitch
in the way Windows 10 handles audio devices. Try setting your default audio devices
to the same ones that WSJT-X uses, and see if that helps. GL and VY 73, Lance

On 5/12/2020 21:43:13, Marty Tressell wrote:
It appears others have the same issue with a collapassed waterfall...I am running
windows 10 on my computer and had no issue until toward the end of April when I
noticed the issue! I have uninstalled and re installed from scratch a
same issue.

Today I decided to try JTDX to see if the issue persisted and it did with its
waterfall as well!

Concluding it must be Windows issue and no updated since April 15 and it was
working after that! Machine is updating a number of things today I will reboot and
reinstall again to see what happens...

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
@Mtressell

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ, S79GJ, TX7MB)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728
QTH: DN27ub
URL: http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj
Skype: lanceW7GJ
2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
email group, or just fill in the request box at the bottom of my web
page (above)!


neil_zampella
 

I hate to say this but setting the WSJT-X devices as DEFAULT will cause a lot of problems as most Windows programs will use the DEFAULT devices to for their sound output.   This is very bad advice.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 5/12/2020 6:00 PM, Lance Collister, W7GJ wrote:
It still happens from time to time here, too. I have concluded it must be some glitch
in the way Windows 10 handles audio devices. Try setting your default audio devices
to the same ones that WSJT-X uses, and see if that helps. GL and VY 73, Lance

On 5/12/2020 21:43:13, Marty Tressell wrote:
It appears others have the same issue with a collapassed waterfall...I am running
windows 10 on my computer and had no issue until toward the end of April when I
noticed the issue! I have uninstalled and re installed from scratch a
same issue.

Today I decided to try JTDX to see if the issue persisted and it did with its
waterfall as well!

Concluding it must be Windows issue and no updated since April 15 and it was
working after that! Machine is updating a number of things today I will reboot and
reinstall again to see what happens...

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
mtressell@...



--
Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ, S79GJ, TX7MB)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT   59834-0073
USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728
QTH: DN27ub
URL: http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj
Skype: lanceW7GJ
2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
email group, or just fill in the request box at the bottom of my web
page (above)!



    

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Marty Tressell
 

Collapsed Waterfall and it is accompanied by not decoding as well. 
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
mtressell@...


Marty Tressell
 

The issue was resolved...found the audio input cable was not seated fully in the connector and thus had loosened to a point where the audio was not fully into the computer sound card.  Once seated the problem was resolved!

Thank you all for your support!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
mtressell@...


Bill Somerville
 

On 13/05/2020 16:47, Marty Tressell wrote:
The issue was resolved...found the audio input cable was not seated fully in the connector and thus had loosened to a point where the audio was not fully into the computer sound card.  Once seated the problem was resolved!

Thank you all for your support!
--
Marty Tressell, K0BBK
Hi Marty,

thanks for the update, glad you up and running again.

73
Bill
G4WJS.