locked WSJT-X stopped working

K4PX K4PX

I use Kenwood TS-890S with Ham Radio Deluxe.  When I installed HRD a month or so ago everything worked great regarding WSJT-X.  How it has stopped receiving.  The vertical receive scale on the left hand side of WSJT-X shows no signal at all.  I have not changed anything.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

JP Tucson, AZ

Joe,

Did windows update itself without your knowledge (or permission)?

There has been a rash of people here lately with similar issues.

Back out of the win10 update & it should return to normal
Then disable widows update.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020, 11:15 AM K4PX K4PX <K4PXjoe@...> wrote:
I use Kenwood TS-890S with Ham Radio Deluxe.  When I installed HRD a month or so ago everything worked great regarding WSJT-X.  How it has stopped receiving.  The vertical receive scale on the left hand side of WSJT-X shows no signal at all.  I have not changed anything.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

FWIW ... HRD does not provide audio connections, only CAT.

What are you using for an audio connection?

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/22/2020 2:15 PM, K4PX K4PX wrote:
I use Kenwood TS-890S with Ham Radio Deluxe.  When I installed HRD a month or so ago everything worked great regarding WSJT-X.  How it has stopped receiving.  The vertical receive scale on the left hand side of WSJT-X shows no signal at all.  I have not changed anything.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Joe,  I rearranged my shack today with everything powered down.  Unplugged stuff from the computer and moved some connecting wires around, but reconnected everything back to where it was orginally.  Restarted and things didn't work.  Found the Audio had moved to Default, and had to be put back to Codec.  Checked Win10 Settings for Microphone, and things looked good there, but didn't show WSTJX using it.  Shut it all down, and restarted everything after making audio changes.  I'm back in business.  Good luck. 73 Herb WB8ASI