StartUp Issue #install

Florian Knickenberg

Hi,

at present i have an issue with the startup. If i run my wsjtx 2.1.2 64bit on my win 10 (home), the startup canceled without an error message.

What happend before:
- I have installed wsjtx and it worked fine.
- I have installed HDSDR with OmniRig 2.0
- I have do a mistake in the config in the rig control.
- After that, wsjtx won`t came up.
- I have done after that, many things.. Kick the Procesess, delete the .lock, reboot. x-times, reinstall, delete with revo, etc...
- But, all what i should do, it does not work.

so currently i do not have any idea, what i should do next?

The best way i think, is to debug at startup. But how, do i do that?

73
from a swl that support the licence`s om`s.

Florian

(Please link, if this issue is fortunaly desolved. But i don`t find it in the group before)

Dave Garber

perhaps deleting the ini files, and start over

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:00 PM <florian.knickenberg@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Coddington

Hi

Just to let you know I have run wsjtx 2.1.2 linked to HDSDR on both w7 and w10 machines and I can take you through my setup, if you wish.

Before that can you tell me what rig are you using ie what is HDSDR driving. I am using a selection of softrocks for RX and TX.

One further comment is that I recently moved from HDSDR to Quisk for wsjtx and other data software since it has more/better options.
Although as the manual says it is not for the faint hearted, as it requires more manual intervention.

Regards
Paul m1bkl

[...]

Hi Dave,

thank you! That`s it!

Deleting the files under:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X ...

And wsjtx start up.
My Problem is resolved.

Florian

Gesendet: Freitag, 27. März 2020 um 11:05 Uhr
Von: "Dave Garber" <ve3wej@...>
An: WSJTX@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [WSJTX] StartUp Issue #install
[...]

Hi Paul,

thank`s for your help.
But after the workaround with the "APPData", i should be able to set up the rig up again.

BR

Florian