WSJT-X/JTALART #install

Jeff Bemis <fiftyohms@...>

Why did JTALART stop running on all Win 8.1 o/s 's in the shack. Works on Win 7 and Win 10... But this morning all Win 8.1 computers will not run JTALERT ???
Weird..
Anyone got anything about this. Both worked fine yesterday and not today..
Jeff, WD9HNZ

Bill Turner

Start WSJT-X, then JTAlert, then your logging program if connecting one. I use ACLog. de W4WNT

Jeff Bemis <fiftyohms@...>

Nope, that isn't it. I have uninstalled Ham RadioDeluxe v6.7, uninstalled Wsjt very 2.12, uninstalledJtalert very 2.15.11. Rebooted
Reinstalled HRD then WSJTX then JTALERT.
 Rebooted..ran HRD, Ok
Ran WSJTX..ok
Ran JTALERT...won't startUninstalled EVERYTHING above again..
Went into REGEDIT and deleted ALL registry entries for all programs above, rebooted..installed every intje order listed...rebooted..ran everything in the order listed..
Same problem.

HRD ok
WSJTX ok
JTalert will not start.

Went to Windows defender firewall and enabled JTALERT through windows defender AND Windows Firewall..

Still not working.

Tried a system restore to a previous date 10days ago..nope..

Tried a system restore a month ago also..nope

Anyone else have ideas ???

This all worked fine the day before I made like 60 Qso,s.

I dont know what else to try..

I've been working in IT for 20 years but I have to admit, I havent a clue why I cannot recover this

Reblast to o/a I guess but that means a good day or more to get back up..

I have a Win 7 and a Win 10 system that works fine.

I have another Win 8 system that does not like Jtalert version 2.16. It is back on 2.15.11

This Win 8 system won't run Jtlert very 2.15.11 or version 2.16.

Open to any other ideas..

Jeff Wd9hnz

Start WSJT-X, then JTAlert, then your logging program if connecting one. I use ACLog. de W4WNT

neil_zampella

Have you had a recent Microsoft update ??

Since its working on all the other versions of Windows, the obvious culprit is the OS and what changed there?

Frankly, you should be asking this on the Hamapps support group :   Support@HamApps.groups.io

Neil, KN3ILZ