locked WHY? Contest settings #FT4 S&P calls 0, 20 or 120 Hz above run frequency? #FT4

Hank Garretson

For this weekend's FT4 contest (https://europeanft8club.wordpress.com/), the organizers posted the following:
" Search and-pounce (S+P) stations should call at frequencies 0, 60, or 120 Hz above the run frequency.

Please help this Luddite.

Why? What is the reason for this suggestion? Wouldn't we all be better choosing our own frequency? Wouldn't we all be better spread out instead of QRMing each other on just four frequencies?

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

neil_zampella

Um ... you're not just on 4 frequencies, you'll have signals all over the bandwidth.   What they are saying is that you should NOT just use simplex to answer someone, but work 'split' (which is not the same as 'rig' split), answering a station off their Tx location.

Neil, KN3ILZ