locked UNREADABLE CQ

Gilbert Baron

I guess I must just assume it is a CQ in the BAND ACTIVITY because the CQ charters are almost unreadable., EXTRREMELY light and light green color that barely shows up. I cannot seem to find any way to change it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me how to change it to say Black Brown or any other choice.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Bob Lewis

File, Settings, Colors Tab.

I guess I must just assume it is a CQ in the BAND ACTIVITY because the CQ charters are almost unreadable., EXTRREMELY light and light green color that barely shows up. I cannot seem to find any way to change it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me how to change it to say Black Brown or any other choice.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Gilbert Baron

I tried that,  NOTHING changed. I mean the characters CQ, I can get the background line to change but the font color is not affected no matter if I try changing foreground or background color for CQ in Message. Maybe that is the wrong line?

I am using it with Spot Collector from DXLab. It colors the callsigns but that is not the CQ. It varies what color dependent on things like NEEDED , ETC. It was that way before I connected with DXLabs so doubt that is the problem.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

I guess I must just assume it is a CQ in the BAND ACTIVITY because the CQ charters are almost unreadable., EXTRREMELY light and light green color that barely shows up. I cannot seem to find any way to change it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me how to change it to say Black Brown or any other choice.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Bob Lewis

If you right-click on any of the items in the list you can change the foreground and background colors independently.

I guess I must just assume it is a CQ in the BAND ACTIVITY because the CQ charters are almost unreadable., EXTRREMELY light and light green color that barely shows up. I cannot seem to find any way to change it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me how to change it to say Black Brown or any other choice.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Gilbert Baron

NO, you cannot or at least I have not find which line. In a line there is  X X X    CQ  XXXXXX etc. and the Characters CQ stay green no matter what I have tried. It is a VERY light VERY fine font thickness that for me is nearly impossible to read. I know what it is but I think it should be changeable. Still looking for how to do it. I certainly have hot found it in the domination.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

[...]

robert kupps

Look on General> Click on “Decode Text font" change to the size you Want
robert
W6INO

On Feb 27, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...> wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
 So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
 -Mark  Twain

Gilbert Baron

Did that and it is now larger than I want BUT it is still GREEN. The rest of the line is fine and font size is already larger than I want. This setting does not let you set the font color.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

[...]

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

See attached....If you right click on the "CQ in message", you can set the foreground lettering color and/or the background color.  It is working here for me. 73, Herb WB8ASI

On February 27, 2020 at 7:10 PM Gilbert Baron <w0mn00@...> wrote:

[...]

That is not what I ask. I tried that anyway to see what happens. It changes the ENTIRE line and I want to change only the CQ characters which are the ONLY ones in the line that are faint and hard to read. I also do not want to check that line because that would change the behavior that is desired when worki9ng with Spot Collector of DXLabs.

Again. I want to change the CQ characters and OLY those to a darker font or a more readable color and nothing else. I may not be able to and just will have to live with it. Not a huge deal but still a bit of a pain.

[...]

Bill Somerville

On 28/02/2020 00:45, Gilbert Baron wrote:
Again. I want to change the CQ characters and OLY those to a darker font or a more readable color and nothing else. I may not be able to and just will have to live with it. Not a huge deal but still a bit of a pain.
Gil,

if WSJT-X is not printing CQ decodes with the highlighting options you have selected, either foreground or background, then another application is also colouring the decodes. Are you running either JTAlert or SpotCollector with their WSJT-X integration enabled? Or perhaps you are running one of the other aplications that take advantage of the WSJT-X UDP Message Protocol to highlight decoded messages?

Bob Lewis

You can only change the foreground and background color for the WHOLE line. I don’t think there is any way to change only certain characters in the line.

That is not what I ask. I tried that anyway to see what happens. It changes the ENTIRE line and I want to change only the CQ characters which are the ONLY ones in the line that are faint and hard to read. I also do not want to check that line because that would change the behavior that is desired when worki9ng with Spot Collector of DXLabs.

robert kupps

HI Gil.
Did you change the font color in this:

note the T Color box?
robert
w6ino

You can only change the foreground and background color for the WHOLE line. I don’t think there is any way to change only certain characters in the line.

That is not what I ask. I tried that anyway to see what happens. It changes the ENTIRE line and I want to change only the CQ characters which are the ONLY ones in the line that are faint and hard to read. I also do not want to check that line because that would change the behavior that is desired when worki9ng with Spot Collector of DXLabs.

W6INO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
 So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
 -Mark  Twain

Markku SM5FLM

Look in SpotCollector Configuration / General under "WSJT-X".
There is A setting for the CQ-color, which affects the color of "CQ" in WSJT.

Gilbert Baron

Thanks for the idea top look in Spot Collector again. I looked before but you made me do it again.

The place to change it is not in General though.

Go to Config/Spot Sources/WSJTX and there it is. I changed to Black and now may be able to set the Sizes smaller to get more lines and still be able to easily read it.

Thanks.