locked Station already worked, clarification

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

I have the show DXCC, grid and worked before status checked, I have seen callsigns show up that I know that I have worked, before, what differentiates worked before status from a standard green CQ line? I'm a newbie, but it would make sense to make a worked before. I don't see an option in the Decode Highlighting dialog, to do that. I am looking at the manual this very minute, but not finding what i am looking for.

Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Bill Somerville

On 26/02/2020 21:37, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB) wrote:
I have the show DXCC, grid and worked before status checked, I have seen callsigns show up that I know that I have worked, before, what differentiates worked before status from a standard green CQ line? I'm a newbie, but it would make sense to make a worked before. I don't see an option in the Decode Highlighting dialog, to do that. I am looking at the manual this very minute, but not finding what i am looking for.

Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE
Hi Ryan,

the WSJT-X highlighting logic does not specifically highlight worked before stations, it highlights stations calling CQ or QRZ that you may want to work. If you enable the "New Call" and "New Call on Band" highlighting then you have the information you need. Worked before stations will not be highlighted as new calls, i.e. their CQ calls will be highlighted with the "CQ in Message" colouring (light green background by default).

Note that you get more information with this scheme that simply worked before. If a station has been worked before but not on the current band then you get the "New Call on Band" highlighting. If a station has not been worked before on any band then you will get the "New Call" highlighting. Optionally you can filter highlighting by the current mode or you can consider all modes as equivalent.

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Thanks Bill.
--
Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

See attached.  Do you use JTAlert?  It's great.  I let JTAlert do the coloring in conjunction with WSJTX.  Green for new CQ.  Grayed out for Worked B4.  Red to LOTW.  Works great for me.  73, Herb WB8ASI

On February 26, 2020 at 4:37 PM "Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)" <rt83021@...> wrote:

I have the show DXCC, grid and worked before status checked, I have seen callsigns show up that I know that I have worked, before, what differentiates worked before status from a standard green CQ line? I'm a newbie, but it would make sense to make a worked before. I don't see an option in the Decode Highlighting dialog, to do that. I am looking at the manual this very minute, but not finding what i am looking for.

Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

I do not use JTalert, there is a problem with their downloads according to my anti virus program. I looked and it would bridge between WSJT-X and my logger, but not worth the risk. This is when I looked last, anyway.
--
Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Jim Bacher - WB8VSU

Ryan, there are a number of ham radio apps, that my virus software complains about including jtalert.  As long as you are downloading the software from the softwares main site, there is not any embedded virus or other crap. They are just false positives.

Jim Bacher, WB8VSU
wb8vsu@...
https://trc.guru

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 7:16 AM, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)
<rt83021@...> wrote:
I do not use JTalert, there is a problem with their downloads according to my anti virus program. I looked and it would bridge between WSJT-X and my logger, but not worth the risk. This is when I looked last, anyway.
--
Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Sorry I will do without, not worth it to me, I can import my logs from WSJT-X, to my logging program it only takes a few seconds.
--
Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Jim Brown

On 2/27/2020 4:16 AM, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB) wrote:
I do not use JTalert, there is a problem with their downloads according to my anti virus program. I looked and it would bridge between WSJT-X and my logger, but not worth the risk. This is when I looked last, anyway.
The problem is your anti-virus software, not JTAlert.

73, Jim K9YC

neil_zampella

You antivirus program is WRONG ... it is triggering as a 'generic' which most due when the program does not have a large user base, as most ham radio applications don't.

Hundreds of people have downloaded the program and have not had a problem.  If you download JT-Alert directly from the hamapps.com website, you WILL NOT have a problem with malware/viruses no matter what your antivirus says.

My antivirus (AVG) will stop installation, then perform a 15 second scan of new JT-Alert files, then will allow the installation.     If your program just dismisses the download without doing such a check, you should get a different antivirus program.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/27/2020 7:16 AM, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB) wrote:
I do not use JTalert, there is a problem with their downloads according to my anti virus program. I looked and it would bridge between WSJT-X and my logger, but not worth the risk. This is when I looked last, anyway.
--
Ryan, KC0QNB, DN90WW. Gothenburg, NE

Frank Mellott

It has been my experience that anti virus programs do not like ham software
N3FJP, fldigi etc all set them off
So just sit back, download from official site and enjoy
Jtalert works
Frank
KB3PQT

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone