locked send redo

Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...>

How come WSJTX keeps sending roger signal report. Is has happen at least 5 times in one QSO. How can I fix it

Reino Talarmo

Hi Augustine,

I assume that you are using Tab 1 for automatic message sequencing. I assume you mean message Tx 3 is repeated. That happens, if WSJT-X does not receive message Tx 4 containing either RR73 or RRR. If you want to discard that QSO, simplest is just Halt Tx. You may also select any message by Next or Now buttons e.g. Tx 6 and start CQ.

73, Reino oh3mA

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Augustine Brace
Sent: 23. helmikuuta 2020 23:42
To: WSJTX@groups.io Group Moderators <WSJTX@groups.io>
Subject: [WSJTX] send redo

How come WSJTX keeps sending roger signal report. Is has happen at least 5 times in one QSO. How can I fix it

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

Did you get an RRR or an RR73 from the other station?     The system will continue sending it until the other station acknowledges its receipt.

Standard procedure, which is why you are there in front of the computer to decide to log it or not.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/23/2020 4:42 PM, Augustine Brace wrote:

After I send my signal report he send his and then mine sends again. 

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 3:22 AM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

Did you get an RRR or an RR73 from the other station?     The system will continue sending it until the other station acknowledges its receipt.

Standard procedure, which is why you are there in front of the computer to decide to log it or not.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Bill Somerville

On 23/02/2020 21:42, Augustine Brace wrote:
Hi Augustine,

do you have the WSJT-X option "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73" checked?

Bill
G4WJS.

Yes it is checked  it keeps changing the signal report

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 7:40 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 23/02/2020 21:42, Augustine Brace wrote:
> How come WSJTX keeps sending roger signal report. Is has happen at
> least 5 times in one QSO. How can I fix it

Hi Augustine,

do you have the WSJT-X option "Settings->General->Disable Tx after
sending 73" checked?

Bill
G4WJS.

That's the issue ... you're sending an R-XX and he's should be sending RRR, not -XX.  Either YOU or HE is out of sequence.

The proper sequence is:

CQ Station                                             Answering Station
CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX
EFG1H ABC1D RR73 (or RRR)
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H 73 (not really needed if an RR73 sent)

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/24/2020 10:27 AM, Augustine Brace wrote:

Neil, KN3ILZ

OR .. he's not getting your R-XX Tx in the first place due to propagation changes, QRM, etc

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/24/2020 11:47 AM, Neil Zampella wrote:

That's the issue ... you're sending an R-XX and he's should be sending RRR, not -XX.  Either YOU or HE is out of sequence.

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

I have quite a few contacts who reply to a CQ with GM3ZZA <call> <sig> and that throws the qso sequence put.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 24 Feb 2020 16:48, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

OR .. he's not getting your R-XX Tx in the first place due to propagation changes, QRM, etc

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Kermit Lehman

Do you have "Auto Seq" turned on?

Send us a screen shot of WSJT-S..

Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 3:27 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] send redo

Neil, KN3ILZ

Edited

This is what keeps happening 

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 9:56 AM Philip Rose via Groups.Io <pvrose=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have quite a few contacts who reply to a CQ with GM3ZZA and that throws the qso sequence put.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Reino Talarmo

Edited

There is nothing wrong in your reception or protocol behaviour. KN6GVI just does not decode any more your signal. There can be various reasons, in this case he may have a strong interference on your frequency. You don’t see it as you are transmitting at that time. Changing your transmit frequency could help.

73, Reino oh3mA

Sent: 25. helmikuuta 2020 1:14
To: WSJTX@groups.io

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 9:56 AM Philip Rose via Groups.Io <pvrose=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have quite a few contacts who reply to a CQ with GM3ZZA and that throws the qso sequence put.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

I’m KN6GVI 

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:50 PM Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

There is nothing wrong in your reception or protocol behaviour. KN6GVI just does not decode any more your signal. There can be various reasons, in this case he may have a strong interference on your frequency. You don’t see it as you are transmitting at that time. Changing your transmit frequency could help.

73, Reino oh3mA

I have quite a few contacts who reply to a CQ with GM3ZZA <call> <sig> and that throws the qso sequence put.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Reino Talarmo

Sri, my bad, VA7XU does not decode you signal any more.

Reino

Sent: 25. helmikuuta 2020 19:16

I’m KN6GVI 

73, Reino oh3mA

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Is it suppose to be this frequent almost every contact
Is there anything i can do

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

Sri, my bad, VA7XU does not decode you signal any more.

Reino

Sent: 25. helmikuuta 2020 19:16

I’m KN6GVI 

73, Reino oh3mA

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Neil, KN3ILZ

The proper sequence is:

CQ ABC1D FN00
                                                       ABC1D   EFG1H   ZN00
EFG1H ABC1D -XX
                                                      ABC1D EFG1H R-XX

Neil, KN3ILZ

Neil, KN3ILZ

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

George J Molnar, KF2T

Sorry for the pause in answering. After looking at all the messages, I’d recommend three things.
1) Get a dedicated USB sound card device to devote to digital modes. Both transmit and receive will be helped, compared to running audio cables between your rig and computer.
2) Work on improving your antenna system. While you are “getting out,” so are a lot of other stations that may be doing it better. Better antenna system (includes cable and ground, too) equals better odds of completion.
3) Experiment with WSJT-X split mode. Call stations at the clearest point in the waterfall. It doesn’t guarantee success, but it does improve your odds of not doubling with another caller to the same station.

Good luck!

George J Molnar, KF2T 
Arlington, Virginia, USA

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...> wrote:

On

Thanks for getting back to me
I decided to upgrade my end fed to a OFC Dipole

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 5:09 PM George J Molnar <george@...> wrote:
Sorry for the pause in answering. After looking at all the messages, I’d recommend three things.
1) Get a dedicated USB sound card device to devote to digital modes. Both transmit and receive will be helped, compared to running audio cables between your rig and computer.
2) Work on improving your antenna system. While you are “getting out,” so are a lot of other stations that may be doing it better. Better antenna system (includes cable and ground, too) equals better odds of completion.
3) Experiment with WSJT-X split mode. Call stations at the clearest point in the waterfall. It doesn’t guarantee success, but it does improve your odds of not doubling with another caller to the same station.

Good luck!

George J Molnar, KF2T 
Arlington, Virginia, USA

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...> wrote:

On

Jim Brown

On 2/25/2020 5:09 PM, George J Molnar wrote:
I’d recommend three things.
Great advice on all counts, George!

I'll also add "RTFM" and study the ARRL Handbook to learn as much as possible about how radio and electronics work.

73, Jim K9YC

Gary - AG0N

On Feb 25, 2020, at 13:48, Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...> wrote:

Is it suppose to be this frequent almost every contact
Is there anything i can do

“More Power, Scotty!”

Gary - AG0N