From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ria, N2RJ
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 3:04 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] 60 meters: Operating guidelines for FT8

We haven’t petitioned the FCC and NTIA, AFAIK.

(but I can verify that)

73

Ria, N2RJ

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 1:35 PM Larry Burke <wi5a@...> wrote:

Thank you, Ria, for your informed response!

In your related e-mail you state: “Some countries do not have channelization on 60m. In 9Y I can use 1.5kw from 5.25 to 5.45MHz without restriction. It’s just another HF band.” Exactly. Also interesting that this is possible in the Americas (Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, etc.)  with no apparent issues.

Are there any efforts underway to make the band continuous in the US? The IARU recommended this back in 2015, albeit implemented at 15 watts in most countries. Some basic reg changes would sure clear up much of the confusion with the use of FT8 and other modes on this band.

BTW, a good compilation of authorizations by country can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/60-meter_band

Larry K5RK