locked Request for enhancement

Bob

Can you please add a UDP message (application -> WSJT-X) to change mode and band. 73.

Dave Garber

these are both already included in wsjt,(not via udp, but they must have cat setup ) in drop down menus, so I am curious what the reason for this request.  or am I misunderstanding

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Can you please add a UDP message (application -> WSJT-X) to change mode and band. 73.

Sam Birnbaum

Hi,

WSJTX ver 2.1 introduced UDP message id 15 - ConfigIn
It allows a companion program to send a UDP message to WSJTX to change mode and set/reset other items. It does not allow you to change the configuration or the band. That would be a nice addition.

73,

Sam W2JDB

these are both already included in wsjt,(not via udp, but they must have cat setup ) in drop down menus, so I am curious what the reason for this request.  or am I misunderstanding

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Can you please add a UDP message (application -> WSJT-X) to change mode and band. 73.

Sam Birnbaum

Hi

I forgot to mention the UDP message id #14 which was also introduced in WSJT-X ver 2.1.

That UDP message is SwitchConfig allows a companion program to send a UDP message to WSJT-X and to switch to a named configuration.

73,

Sam W2JDB

these are both already included in wsjt,(not via udp, but they must have cat setup ) in drop down menus, so I am curious what the reason for this request.  or am I misunderstanding

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Can you please add a UDP message (application -> WSJT-X) to change mode and band. 73.

Bob

Dave, why the request? Well, for me I don't particularly like sitting indoors in front of the radio all day. So, while languishing at the pool, I am occasionally alerted on my Android that (for example) there was a DX Spot for VE3IJ on 20M FT4. I would like to be able to acknowledge (by tapping the screen) that I want my robot to QSY WSJT-X to 20M FT4  (by sending the requested UDP messages) and call VE3IJ. Then, having satisfied the obligatory 'contemporaneous user input' (I tapped the screen) requirement, I can continue my siesta in good conscience. SeventyThree(s).

neil_zampella

Its not a robot ... and you need to log the contact manually ...

Neil, KN3ILZ