locked Tx tracking Rx

Russell Blair <nc5opsk@...>

Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

__________________________________
Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com <http://www.emclient.com/get>

Nc8q-mesh@gelm.net

On 2/18/20 10:25 AM, Russell Blair wrote:
Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

Kind of.
There is a box to hold TX or not.
Look for 'Hold Tx Freq' box.

--

Russell Blair <nc5opsk@...>

Ok well that did fix what I wanted it to, when I move the Rx I would like the Tx to move as well. ?
I'm not operating split mode.

Russell NC5O

__________________________________
Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com

On 2/18/20 10:25 AM, Russell Blair wrote:
Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

Kind of.
There is a box to hold TX or not.
Look for 'Hold Tx Freq' box.

--

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

They move together when you hold down the Ctrl key.   73, Herb WB8ASI

On February 18, 2020 at 12:39 PM Russell Blair <nc5opsk@...> wrote:

Ok well that did fix what I wanted it to, when I move the Rx I would like the Tx to move as well. ?
I'm not operating split mode.

Russell NC5O

__________________________________
Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com

On 2/18/20 10:25 AM, Russell Blair wrote:
Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

Kind of.
There is a box to hold TX or not.
Look for 'Hold Tx Freq' box.

--

Mike / W8DN

Not sure why you would need to track the Rx freq with the Tx freq Russell. If you do not have the Tx freq held, when you double click on the station you want to call, the Tx will go to that freq. However, the current 'best practice' (so to speak) is to pick what appears to you to be a clear freq and stay on that freq. Granted, your chosen Tx freq may not be clear on the other end but it is the best you can do given that you can't hear from the other Op's end of things. Is there a special reason why you want Rx and Tx to track? Are you using CAT control and have 'Rig' selected in the settings? This will give you the best performance.

Mike / W8DN

On 2/18/2020 12:39 PM, Russell Blair wrote:

Ok well that did fix what I wanted it to, when I move the Rx I would like the Tx to move as well. ?

I'm not operating split mode.

Russell NC5O

__________________________________
Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com

On 2/18/20 10:25 AM, Russell Blair wrote:

Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

Kind of.
There is a box to hold TX or not.
Look for 'Hold Tx Freq' box.

--

I was about to ask whether it was better to stay on a single TX frequency or reply on the calling station's frequency. I had rationalised it in my mind that because FT modes have defined transmit periods, operating split frequency QSOs does not waste frequency. Operating split allows you to be separate from others calling the same station. I have that checked all the time.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 18 Feb 2020 17:56, Mike Rhodes <weightdn@...> wrote:

[...]

I agree running split is best.  Allows you better keep yourself in the clear.  On a quiet band I sometimes cozy up next to the desired station and let the green and red brackets just touch, so the automatic Halt TX will kick in if the station calls someone else.  73, Herb WB8ASI

On February 18, 2020 at 2:15 PM "Philip Rose via Groups.Io" <pvrose@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Herb,

I've found it annoying when working split that the automatic halt TX doesnt.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 18 Feb 2020 19:33, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks to all for your input, well I guest I like for the Tx to track the Rx. Thanks Hub I'l give that a try, if not then I'l use it as is. Thanks all
Russell NC5O

__________________________________
Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com

On 2/18/20 10:25 AM, Russell Blair wrote:
Years ago when I used this program there was a box to check for the Tx to track the Rx, Did I miss it here, I looked in the online help and found no help or I missed it there as well. So is there a way to set the Tx to track the Rx. ?

Russell NC5O

Kind of.
There is a box to hold TX or not.
Look for 'Hold Tx Freq' box.

--

Chris Zukowski

Mine tracks by default unless I tell it to “Hold TX Freq”.