locked Custom CAT command for Tune button

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

I am surprised i have no response to this question ;

Is it possible to edit an existing cat command applied to a particular button, namely 'tune' in WSJT-X please ?

On 4/2/20 7:57 pm, Adrian Fewster via Groups.Io wrote:

Thankyou for WSJT-X. I run a KX3 with the software mainly on FT8 having a lot of fun.

I would like to customize the ‘tune’ button to set the CAT command ; SWT44 to its operation, and

not seeing a custom section for cat custom entries in settings, I ask please, if there is a configurable file I can access to make this change,

and if so it’s location and name please?

Thankyou

Adrian ,  vk4tux

Bob Lewis

WSJT-x uses HAMLIB utility for rig control so there is no way to set custom commands in WSJT-x. I’m guessing that you would have to modify and re-compile the HAMLIB utility.

I am surprised i have no response to this question ;

Is it possible to edit an existing cat command applied to a particular button, namely 'tune' in WSJT-X please ?

On 4/2/20 7:57 pm, Adrian Fewster via Groups.Io wrote:

Thankyou for WSJT-X. I run a KX3 with the software mainly on FT8 having a lot of fun.

I would like to customize the ‘tune’ button to set the CAT command ; SWT44 to its operation, and

not seeing a custom section for cat custom entries in settings, I ask please, if there is a configurable file I can access to make this change,

and if so it’s location and name please?

Thankyou

Adrian ,  vk4tux

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Thankyou, That is a start then. So is there a known source that can be compiled to replace, what must be an exiting binary within WSJT-X?

I shall have another look. iI am am using it in windows, but do have some experience with VS2017.

On 5/2/20 7:14 am, Bob Lewis wrote:

WSJT-x uses HAMLIB utility for rig control so there is no way to set custom commands in WSJT-x. I’m guessing that you would have to modify and re-compile the HAMLIB utility.

I am surprised i have no response to this question ;

Is it possible to edit an existing cat command applied to a particular button, namely 'tune' in WSJT-X please ?

On 4/2/20 7:57 pm, Adrian Fewster via Groups.Io wrote:

Thankyou for WSJT-X. I run a KX3 with the software mainly on FT8 having a lot of fun.

I would like to customize the ‘tune’ button to set the CAT command ; SWT44 to its operation, and

not seeing a custom section for cat custom entries in settings, I ask please, if there is a configurable file I can access to make this change,

and if so it’s location and name please?

Thankyou

Adrian ,  vk4tux

Bill Somerville

On 04/02/2020 09:57, Adrian Fewster wrote:

Thankyou for WSJT-X. I run a KX3 with the software mainly on FT8 having a lot of fun.

I would like to customize the ‘tune’ button to set the CAT command ; SWT44 to its operation, and

not seeing a custom section for cat custom entries in settings, I ask please, if there is a configurable file I can access to make this change,

and if so it’s location and name please?

Thankyou

Adrian ,  vk4tux

Hi Adrian,

there's no support for arbitrary CAT commands in WSJT-X, but you can achieve a similar effect by using the Hamlib rig control server which allows both WSJT-X and other CAT clients to do CAT communications with your rig. The server and a command line client are included with WSJT-X in the bin directory in the installation directory (by default C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin) on MS Windows.

Start the rigctld server from a command prompt like this:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\rigctld-wsjtx -m 245 -r COMn -s baud-rate

where COMn is the COM port used for CAT and baud-rate is the baud rate used.

Change "Settings->Radio->Rig" in WSJT-X to "Hamlib NET rigctl". At this point you can verify that WSJT-X CAT control is working correctly.

You are now able to use the rigctl-wsjtx command line tool to also send CAT commands to you rig, for example you might use this command:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\rigctl-wsjtx -m 2 w SWT44;

You can put this command into a batch script and make a Desktop shortcut so you can execute it any time with a mouse double-click.

Dave AA6YQ

WSJT-X can be configured to use the Commander transceiver control component of the freeware DXLab Suite. Commander's Main window can
be configured to provide 8 or 16 buttons, each of which send a sequence of CAT commands to your transceiver with appropriate pacing.
The functionality is described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/CommandSequences.htm>

A library of such sequences that have been developed and uploaded by DXLab users is available:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SetupUserSequence>

If a sequence that accomplishes the function you need is not already available, you employ a downloaded function as a starting
point. The library contains several Tune functions for the K3; modifying one of them to work with your KX3 simply requires replacing
the K3 command with SWT44;

For more information, see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallingDXLabApplications>

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlElecraft>

When you have Commander controlling your K3, then on the Radio tab of the WSJT-X Settings window,

1. set the Rig selector to "DXLab Suite Commander"

2. set the "PTT Method" panel to CAT

3. set the "Split Operation" panel to "Fake It"

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

[...]

www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Dave_G0WBX

Hi.

The tune function in WSJTx, allows you to "tune" & adjust the entire TX path.  The rig "Tune" function (i think that is what your asking) only tunes the internal (or external) ATU.

They are not the same thing.

If you could change that button to send a custom command to tune the rig/ATU, you'd still have to set the TX audio levels anyway.

Plus, WSJTx can remember it's settings per band, as can the KX3.

Or did I misunderstand your wishes?

73.

Dave G0WBX

neil_zampella

I don't believe so .. not without getting the source to Hamlib, figuring out where to change it, and compiling it, then compiling WSJT-X.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/4/2020 4:04 PM, Adrian Fewster wrote:

I am surprised i have no response to this question ;

Is it possible to edit an existing cat command applied to a particular button, namely 'tune' in WSJT-X please ?

On 4/2/20 7:57 pm, Adrian Fewster via Groups.Io wrote:

Thankyou for WSJT-X. I run a KX3 with the software mainly on FT8 having a lot of fun.

I would like to customize the ‘tune’ button to set the CAT command ; SWT44 to its operation, and

not seeing a custom section for cat custom entries in settings, I ask please, if there is a configurable file I can access to make this change,

and if so it’s location and name please?

Thankyou

Adrian ,  vk4tux

neil_zampella

WSJT-X is not compiled with any MS compiler.   HEad to Sourceforge and look for JTSDK v3.

Neil, KN3ILZ