locked Monitor specific call sign

Mikael Rytky

Hi!

I have been using WSJT-X for FT8 mode for some time. As a DX hunter I am missing one function, or, I have not found it yet.
If there is a weak DX active on FT8, I simply want to monitor / filter out info in the left window sent by that specific station only to see if I copy. For a weak DX stn, 99% of the DX station related info in the window is from stations calling the DX, often random zombie calling without even copying the DX because of a cluster spot. If I "see" the DX answering someone, I can click at that "QSO" and start following its transmissions, otherwise I have to starr at the window until my eyes spot something in the text mass rolling by.

When a lot of text rolls every 15 sec my only way to filter out the desired info is to every few minutes "select all" in the window & copy, paste it to a text editor, then search for DX callsign in the column that would be a transmission from the DX itself. Its like hearing the whole pile-up + DX station on CW.

Does this function already exist?

BR Mikael SM6VJA

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I like using the Decodes Window in JTAlert.  I filter out the US stations, and can easily see all the rest....and they stay on the screen.

Nc8q-mesh@gelm.net

On 1/13/20 12:48 PM, Mikael Rytky wrote:
Does this function already exist?
You may reduce the span of the 'Wide Graph'.

--

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/01/2020 8:19 am, Herb Blue wrote:
I like using the Decodes Window in JTAlert.  I filter out the US stations, and can easily see all the rest....and they stay on the screen.

You can go one step further and filter on an individual Callsign and only see decodes of that Station.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Wisniowski

In JTAlert, set an "Alert" for the call sign or "Contains" the following.

John Wisniowski

Well, I just learned how to do screenshots and add them to email.

This is what I was referring to in my last reply.
I know it works because I used it for Pitcairn Island.

73, John-N6DBF

John Morphet

There are companion programs like GridTracker and JTAlert that can do that for you.

John, WØZI

[...]

Thanks for all suggestions! GridTracker works fine for me since Im on Linux.