WSJT-X from x32 to x64 on Windows #install

spabish@...

Running the 32 bit version of WSJT-X on a Windows 10 computer.
Should I uninstall WSJT-X if I want to upgrade/install the 64 bit version?
Or should I just install the 64 bit version of WSJT-X on top of the current install?

Thanks
N2GNT

Bill Somerville

On 12/01/2020 07:44, spabish@hotmail.com wrote:
Running the 32 bit version of WSJT-X on a Windows 10 computer.
Should I uninstall WSJT-X if I want to upgrade/install the 64 bit version?
Or should I just install the 64 bit version of WSJT-X on top of the current install?

Thanks
N2GNT
Hi OM,

you can do either. What is important is that the way Tx audio is handled in the 64-bit version is slightly different and you will have to do some initial setup. See this post for details:

https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5077

neil_zampella

FWIW... I would uninstall, you won't lose any of your settings or logs as they're kept in a separate directory, then install the 64 bit version.   There is a small issue with audio settings that Bill has posted about previously, I'm fairly sure you can do a search to find that post.

The reason I suggest an uninstall is to make sure that any 32 bit DLLs and the like are removed.

Neil, KN3ILZ