locked Win10 Dark Theme not affecting WSJT-X v2.1.1.

W2MKM - Ed

I'd like to make WSJT-X v2.1.1.operate with the Dark Theme or Dark Mode.

I went into the Settings --> Personalization --> Colors -->

Choose your color "Custom" and selected "Dark" for Choose your default app mode and no impact to WSJT-X

Any options for changing WSJT-X to a black background vs. the default white?

Ed

Bill Somerville

On 11/01/2020 03:51, edpostiii@... wrote:
I'd like to make WSJT-X v2.1.1.operate with the Dark Theme or Dark Mode.

I went into the Settings --> Personalization --> Colors -->

Choose your color "Custom" and selected "Dark" for Choose your default app mode and no impact to WSJT-X

Any options for changing WSJT-X to a black background vs. the default white?

Ed
Hi Ed,

yes, start WSJT-X with the following command line:

wsjtx -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

Gary Gorniak

Thanks for posting this info, Bill! MUCH easier on my eyes.

73 de Gary - W9BS

I'd like to make WSJT-X v2.1.1.operate with the Dark Theme or Dark Mode.

I went into the Settings --> Personalization --> Colors -->

Choose your color "Custom" and selected "Dark" for Choose your default
app mode and no impact to WSJT-X

Any options for changing WSJT-X to a black background vs. the default
white?

Ed
Hi Ed,

yes, start WSJT-X with the following command line:

wsjtx -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

Mike Azzarello

Could you tell me how to do this on a Mac?  Thanks...Mike..kb3lan

Bill Somerville

On 12/01/2020 17:33, Mike Azzarello wrote:
Could you tell me how to do this on a Mac?  Thanks...Mike..kb3lan

Hi Mike,

it is essentially the same, but the command to launch an application bundle like WSJT-X from the command line is like this:

open /Applications/wsjtx.app --args -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

Mike Azzarello

Thanks, but wondering why it has to be done this way and not automatic when selecting dark mode in the os?

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 07:31 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

open /Applications/wsjtx.app --args -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

neil_zampella

I would suspect as a program that has to be able to be cross-compiled across many OSs,  it would not necessarily have the 'hooks' for each OS to use to do this from the appropriate UI controls.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 1/12/2020 9:30 PM, Mike Azzarello wrote:

Thanks, but wondering why it has to be done this way and not automatic when selecting dark mode in the os?

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 07:31 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

open /Applications/wsjtx.app --args -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

W2MKM - Ed

Bill/all, I posed this earlier, not sure where it went or if I hit enter.

The dark theme does work on Win10 with the command line Bill provided at the beginning of this thread.

Do we know of a way to make this same change to JTAlert 2.15.3, I will pose same question to the JTA folks, but thought it might be known here.

Thanks

Ed

Bill Somerville

On 13/01/2020 02:30, Mike Azzarello wrote:

Thanks, but wondering why it has to be done this way and not automatic when selecting dark mode in the os?

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 07:31 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

open /Applications/wsjtx.app --args -stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

Hi Mike,

it's not automatic, many core Apple applications on macOS do switch to a dark theme with the o/s but third-party applications have to be coded to support a dark theme.

Doug Comer

I don't know how to start it from the cmd line

Bill Somerville

On 07/07/2020 22:01, Doug Comer wrote:
I don't know how to start it from the cmd line
Hi Doug,

what have you tried?

Reino Talarmo

Hope this helps

73, Reino OH3mA

4.9. Dark Style

An optional Dark style is available. To make it effective you will probably want to redefine your color settings. In Windows or Linux, start the program from a command-prompt window using the following command, or modify the WSJT-X desktop shortcut accordingly:

wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

>I don't know how to start it from the cmd line

Brad, K8ZM

What separator is used between statements, i.e., I have a rig specified in the shortcut as   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300” (no quotes).  If I add the Dark Style statement is the separator just a comma, like   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300, wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss”  ??

Thanks,

Brad, N8GLS

An optional Dark style is available. To make it effective you will probably want to redefine your color settings. In Windows or Linux, start the program from a command-prompt window using the following command, or modify the WSJT-X desktop shortcut accordingly:

wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

>I don't know how to start it from the cmd line

Karza

Hi Brad,

On 8.7.2020 14.39, Brad, N8GLS wrote:

What separator is used between statements, i.e., I have a rig specified in the shortcut as   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300” (no quotes).  If I add the Dark Style statement is the separator just a comma, like   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300, wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss”  ??

No separators needed.  Just start WSJT-X like this:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300 --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

HTH, de Kari, oh2gqc

Brad, K8ZM

Thanks Kari, simple enough !!

73 de Brad. N8GLS

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 Smartphone

What separator is used between statements, i.e., I have a rig specified in the shortcut as   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300” (no quotes).  If I add the Dark Style statement is the separator just a comma, like   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300, wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss”  ??

No separators needed.  Just start WSJT-X like this:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300 --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

HTH, de Kari, oh2gqc

Terry W6LEO

works like a champ!

Terry
W6LEO

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 05:59:38 AM PDT, Brad, N8GLS <n8gls@...> wrote:

Thanks Kari, simple enough !!

73 de Brad. N8GLS

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 Smartphone

What separator is used between statements, i.e., I have a rig specified in the shortcut as   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300” (no quotes).  If I add the Dark Style statement is the separator just a comma, like   “C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300, wsjtx --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss”  ??

No separators needed.  Just start WSJT-X like this:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=7300 --stylesheet :/qdarkstyle/style.qss

HTH, de Kari, oh2gqc

I have been using dark style and have defined my colors to work great. the only issue I have is that the button text is still white and hard to read when monitor is green and decode is blue. any options for that?