locked 2.1.2 not decoding “high” frequencies

Tom Read

Solved it!  It was a stupid thing.

i just needed to drag the waterfall window out to its full width.  The radio could hear the signals, but if they weren’t in the waterfall, WSJT ignored them for decoding!

I’m not sure if 2.0 did this - never come across it before anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions - the one to inspect the waterfall was the one to unlock the mystery!

Reino Talarmo

Tom,

WSJT-X decodes only frequencies that are shown on the Waterfall. The feature may be used to kill unwanted stations or make decoding faster for the wanted stations.

73, Reino oh3mA

Louis Alexander

completely false from my observation.  You do not even have to have the waterfall on to decode signals.  Not quite sure what you are doing there.

Louis Alexander

This does not happen when I am using WSJT-X 2.1.2, I do not even have to have the waterfall running and I am still decoding signals.  The waterfall is just an operator visual aid and has no effect on the decoding of signals that I can see.  My radio is Yaesu FTdx5000.

On 1/7/2020 5:18 AM, Tom Read wrote:

Solved it!  It was a stupid thing.

i just needed to drag the waterfall window out to its full width.  The radio could hear the signals, but if they weren’t in the waterfall, WSJT ignored them for decoding!

I’m not sure if 2.0 did this - never come across it before anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions - the one to inspect the waterfall was the one to unlock the mystery!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#5205): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5205
-=-=-
WSJT-X      Weak Signal Communication  . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT.    References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bill Somerville

On 07/01/2020 13:38, Louis Alexander wrote:
This does not happen when I am using WSJT-X 2.1.2, I do not even have to have the waterfall running and I am still decoding signals.  The waterfall is just an operator visual aid and has no effect on the decoding of signals that I can see.  My radio is Yaesu FTdx5000.
Louis,

you are incorrect, you could verify that by a simple test. The visibility of the Wide Graph window is not relevant here but the frequency span set on it is absolutely relevant. WSJT-X only looks for candidate signals to decode within the current frequency range of the Wide Graph display.

Louis Alexander

I agree Bill, thanks.

On 1/7/2020 9:44 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:

On 07/01/2020 13:38, Louis Alexander wrote:
This does not happen when I am using WSJT-X 2.1.2, I do not even have to have the waterfall running and I am still decoding signals.  The waterfall is just an operator visual aid and has no effect on the decoding of signals that I can see.  My radio is Yaesu FTdx5000.

Louis,

you are incorrect, you could verify that by a simple test. The visibility of the Wide Graph window is not relevant here but the frequency span set on it is absolutely relevant. WSJT-X only looks for candidate signals to decode within the current frequency range of the Wide Graph display.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#5215): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5215
-=-=-
WSJT-X      Weak Signal Communication  . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT.    References : https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

AD0DQ Tony

To be honest, it was probably something I was doing wrong or poorly.  Just like some people love Fords and others love Chevys, I guess I’m more inclined to figure out Icoms.  The Yaesu was great on voice, I just didn’t enjoy digital modes on it, and digi is 90% of what I do.

On Jan 7, 2020, at 7:38 AM, Louis Alexander <k4byn@...> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#5213): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5213
-=-=-