locked First RTTY RU: used FT4

Nc8q-mesh@gelm.net

On 1/6/20 12:39 PM, Reino Talarmo wrote:
It converts to Cabrillo from the database that is invoked

'from the database' == ~/.local/share/WSJT-X/wsjtx_log.adi  ?

File -> Export Cabrillo log did not prompt me for a .adi log file.

I renamed wsjtx_log.adi before contesting.
After the contest I saved the new wsjtx-log.adi as rtty-ru.adi.
I restored the original wsjtx_log.adi file.

So, to export the contest log file in Cabrillo format I should
 save my current wsjtx_log.adi
 copy rtty-ru.adi to wsjtx_log.adi
 Run wsjtx
 File -> Export Cabrillo (fill in the blanks)
 Exit wsjtx
 Restore the saved wsjtx_log.adi

?

--

Nc8q-mesh@gelm.net

On 1/6/20 12:39 PM, Reino Talarmo wrote:
Note that WSJTX has its own Cabrillo converter File –> Export Cabrillo log

Doh! Shudda known. ;-)

--

Reino Talarmo

Chuck,

The ”Two Break Rule” means that only two first of your breaks are counted as off-time. You may work 24 hours continuously without any break, if you wish!

I assume that you used WSJTX. Note that WSJTX has its own Cabrillo converter File –> Export Cabrillo log …  It converts to Cabrillo from the database that is invoked, when you set a contest mode.

73, Reino oh3mA

ve3ki

The rule doesn't require you to take two breaks. The basic limit is 24 hours of operating time, and the two-break rule merely specifies what is or isn't counted as operating time. What it means is that if you take more than two 30+-minute breaks between your first and last QSOs, the contest scorers will only count the first two such breaks as off time, and any subsequent breaks before your last QSO will be treated as operating time and counted towards the 24-hour limit. If you didn't operate on Saturday, this is irrelevant - once the clock reached 0000Z on Sunday with no QSOs in your log, it was no longer possible for you to exceed the 24-hour limit no matter what you did from then on.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM, Nc8q-mesh@... wrote:
I found the rules to be extremely obscure and baffling regarding
'Off-time Requirement: Participate 24 of the 30 hours ("Two Break Rule")'

 It seemed to me, at a glance, that I was required to take 'Two Breaks'. :-|
I just wanted to operate for a few hours on Sunday.

I used WSJTX and, thus, a file was saved in 'Amateur Data Interchange Format'.
It seems that the ARRL wants 'Cabrillo' format.

 I used WSJTX on a Raspberry Pi.

Is there an online ADIF to CABRILLO converter?

Is there an ADIF to CABRILLO converter for Raspbian?

I have access to other computers with the Linux OS,
with kernels as old as 4.4.0-148-generic and as current as 4.15.0-58-generic;
in case someone knows of an open-source converter.

73, Chuck

--

K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...>

Chuck,

WSJT makes the Cabrillo File for you. Click on File and
"Export Cabrillo Log". It will place your Contest Log in
the required Cabrillo format in your Log Directory using
the file name you assign. Additionally, WSJT places all your
Contest Q's in your regular Log in .ADI format to make it
easy to export into your normal Logging Program.

GL/73,   Bob  K8BL

On Monday, January 6, 2020, 12:26:16 PM EST, Nc8q-mesh@... <nc8q-mesh@...> wrote:

I found the rules to be extremely obscure and baffling regarding
'Off-time Requirement: Participate 24 of the 30 hours ("Two Break Rule")'

 It seemed to me, at a glance, that I was required to take 'Two Breaks'. :-|
I just wanted to operate for a few hours on Sunday.

I used WSJTX and, thus, a file was saved in 'Amateur Data Interchange Format'.
It seems that the ARRL wants 'Cabrillo' format.

 I used WSJTX on a Raspberry Pi.

Is there an online ADIF to CABRILLO converter?

Is there an ADIF to CABRILLO converter for Raspbian?

I have access to other computers with the Linux OS,
with kernels as old as 4.4.0-148-generic and as current as 4.15.0-58-generic;
in case someone knows of an open-source converter.

73, Chuck

--

View/Reply Online (#5177): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5177
-=-=-
WSJT-X      Weak Signal Communication  . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT.    References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

Nc8q-mesh@gelm.net