locked logging QSO

willicott@...

After making contact the log qso comes up with 04/01/2020 and when I change the date it still logs that date. Please help!!

Joe Roper

Your date format looks like it may be set to dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy.

Joe

N7IHB

willicott@...

How do I change that

Joe Roper

I believe it is the time/date format in your OS. If you're running W10, click on Start in lower left corner, Settings (little gear icon), Time and Language, Date time & regional formatting in upper right corner. If the format down doesn't match the mm/dd/yyyy that I mentioned earlier, click on Change data formats and adjust it there. Hope this helps.

Joe
N7IHB

On Jan 4, 2020, at 13:06, "willicott@..." <willicott@...> wrote:

How do I change that -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#5134): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5134
-=-=-
WSJT-X Weak Signal Communication . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT. References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

willicott@...

I tried that but it didn't work '
Thank You

Jim Cooper

On 4 Jan 2020 at 11:05, willicott@... wrote:

After making contact the log qso
comes up with 04/01/2020 and when I
change the date it still logs that
date. Please help!!
I use that format on my OS and my logs
from WSJT-X are read correctly in QRZ.com
and LotW ... I suggest you not worry about it.

AB8WD-Willie

what is the best format or default format to use?

ve3ki

The one you are least likely to misconstrue or enter incorrectly. Personally I always use yyyymmdd (or yyyy-mm-dd) - it is unambiguous, and not only does familiarity with it make reading Cabrillo and ADIF files easier (since they both use this order), but also when interpreted as straight text instead of as a date (e.g. in a file name), it still sorts correctly. But if this one seems too unfamiliar, you might be better off with one you are more comfortable with - preferably one that won't lead to ambiguities like the 04/01/2020 one you started with.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 05:35 PM, <AB8WD@...> wrote:
what is the best format or default format to use?

AB8WD-Willie

That is what I was using just easier for me to read and sort thanks for the quick response.

Dave_G0WBX

Why doesn't software intended for international use, that uses dates
itself use the international (ISO) format yyyy/mm/dd that all OS's
support and understand?

    https://www.iso.org/iso-8601-date-and-time-format.html

If WSJT-x does, then users need to understand how to set/adjust their
own OS locale settings, of whatever OS they use.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

Bill Somerville

On 05/01/2020 09:35, Dave_G0WBX via Groups.Io wrote:
Why doesn't software intended for international use, that uses dates
itself use the international (ISO) format yyyy/mm/dd that all OS's
support and understand?

https://www.iso.org/iso-8601-date-and-time-format.html

If WSJT-x does, then users need to understand how to set/adjust their
own OS locale settings, of whatever OS they use.

73.

Dave G0WBX.
Hi Dave,

for date input into the graphical user interface WSJT-X uses the regional default short form as set in your operating system's localization settings. You can choose whatever you prefer.