locked WSJT-X-rc2: Generate Std Msgs button doesn't work #WSJTX_config

Gary - AC6EG <gdefeyter@...>

RC2 is awesome!  I'm finding, though, that the Generate Std Msgs button doesn't work as expected.  I like to use JT-Alert Macros to send a personalized 73  ( ie.  TU BOB GL 73 )  Sometimes this confuses the other operator and he sends repeated RRR's.  When that happens I used to be able to click the Generate Std Msgs button and it would instantly replace the macro with a regular YOURCALL MYCALL 73.  I'd send that and everybody would be happy.  But now if I click on Generate Std Msgs nothing happens. I could probably create a workaround with another macro that would quickly generate a standard 73 message, but it would probably be better to fix whatever is wrong with the GSM button. It is possible that is a mode specific problem. I've only seen this when operating FT8.
Many thanks to you who are developing this fantastic software!

Gary - AC6EG

Bill Somerville

On 09/10/2017 20:40, Gary - AC6EG wrote:
RC2 is awesome! I'm finding, though, that the Generate Std Msgs button doesn't work as expected.  I like to use JT-Alert Macros to send a personalized 73  ( ie.  TU BOB GL 73 )  Sometimes this confuses the other operator and he sends repeated RRR's.  When that happens I used to be able to click the Generate Std Msgs button and it would instantly replace the macro with a regular YOURCALL MYCALL 73.  I'd send that and everybody would be happy.  But now if I click on Generate Std Msgs nothing happens. I could probably create a workaround with another macro that would quickly generate a standard 73 message, but it would probably be better to fix whatever is wrong with the GSM button. It is possible that is a mode specific problem. I've only seen this when operating FT8.
Many thanks to you who are developing this fantastic software!
Hi Gary,

what you describe is a feature, not a defect. There are many cases where you might need to re-send a custom signoff message even after you have logged a QSO and cleared the DX call and messages, because of this WSJT-X now preserves the Tx5 message until a new DX Call is entered (or picked up by double clicking or the FT8 auto-sequencer). If you wish to reset the Tx5 message then double-click the Tx5 next or send now button to the right of the message.

As an aside, in general WSJT-X will take a free text message containing the word 73 as equivalent to the standard form 73 message, so try and include the word 73 in your custom signoff messages. The latest v1.8.0 versions also accept the word RR73 in a grid format message as equivalent to a standard form 73 message.

Gary - AC6EG <gdefeyter@...>

Thanks Bill
I didn't realize I could reset T5 to the default 73 by simply double clicking the T5 button.
That might be a handy feature to add to the T6 button. I'm finding that if I edit the CQ message by adding DX or a state destination code between CQ and my callsign, the only way I've found to restore a standard CQ message is to manually edit the message.  If I highlight the altered T6 message, hit delete to clear it, and click the Generate Std Msgs button to restore it, the program crashes.

73 de Gary - AC6EG