locked Problems using Rigblaster Blue #AudioIssues

Roger

I've having a curious problem using WSJTX with my Rigblaster Blue which has a bluetooth audio interface.  I have it configured and can receive and transmit with it.

As a preamble I am using FLDIGI simultaneously with WSJTX.  The problem I'm going to describe is apparent with the rig turned off or on.

When I start both FLDIGI and WSJTX they both show the same distinctive spectrum on the waterfall.  I can put FLDIGI in and out of TX or tune modes and the waterfalls continue to display the same spectrum.  However if I put WSJTX in and out of TX or tune modes the spectrum becomes "corrupted" on WSJTX but not FLDIGI.  I can still receive some transmissions but many are lost amongst the corruption.

One thing I have tried is to divert the WSJTX TX audio to other interfaces such as HDMI but I still get the same problem.

I'm using Kubuntu 16.10 and downloaded http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx_1.7.0_amd64.deb

I've looked around for similar problems but run out of ideas on how to resolve this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Roger, GW4HZA

R Gape <robin@...>

Roger,

you haven't told us:

* what rig you're using

* why you would wish to operate both WSJT-X and Fldigi at the same time

* how CAT or CI/V control is intended to be mediated between these two programs (is a rig control dæmon in use, or is it pot luck?)

* whether you're using JACK or not

* presuming that you are using pulseaudio, whether or not you've set up additional audio devices

* what computing hardware is in use

That said, you might have more joy with the WSJT-X Ubuntu PPA, which is to be found at https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/wsjtx.

There is also an Fldigi PPA at https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/ubuntu/fldigi, which may help, but if nothing else provides the most up-to-date Fldigi, bar code checkout and local compilation.

AFAIK, neither program is designed to be used alongside a competing program consuming/producing the same audio and rig control interfaces. JACK is designed to work as an audio patch panel, and may be the solution to running two audio consumer/producer programs at once, as far as the audio side of things is concerned.

The rigctld dæmon from hamlib (in package libhamlib-utils) might be helpful, since both Fldigi and WSJT-X can use Hamlib NET rigctl to control a rig. However, hamlib does not appear to be designed to mediate between two (independent) controlling entities.

YMMV, there's some reading to be done, no-one ever said it would be easy &c. &c.,

Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX