Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM

Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@sc.rr.com

James Quick

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@sc.rr.com

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY

To: WSJTX@groups.io

Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@sc.rr.com

John Blake <vk6jb@...>

One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73

John Blake <vk6jb@...>

Sorry typo, the speakers will be for TX into the rig

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:49, John Blake <vk6jb@...> wrote:
One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail
On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick < n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73

John Blake <vk6jb@...>

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out
John Blake

 To: WSJTX@groups.io