locked radio #NewUser

vk6jb@...

Hi Jim

A quick search revealed this, you would need a Yahoo login for one of the results (I don’t have one)

There are probably some specific settings needed to get to to PTT properly (Baud rate etc)

It probably should be listed in the manual?

I’ve attached a PDF that might help, but if this doesn’t come through for any reason click on the ;art link which brings up the search results I got.

Good luck, stick at it, be methodical.

http://dcasler.com/2015/11/25/setting-up-wsjt-x-for-the-yaesu-ftdx3000/

John Blake

On 3 Mar 2017, at 10:57 pm, Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...> wrote:

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.

Bob Nobis
n7rjn@...

On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...>

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.

Bob Nobis
n7rjn@...

On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

James Quick

n4ule@sc.rr.com