locked Feature Request: Take rig out of split mode on exit.

gdefeyter@...

Don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if WSJT-X could take my TS-590 out of Split Mode when I shut down the program.  I sometimes forget that I have to manually take the rig out of Split Mode after having used WSJT-X.  I've found myself inadvertently transmitting on the wrong frequency on SSB or CW because I didn't realize the rig was still in Split Mode.   I could avoid this problem by using the Fake It option, but I find Split Mode is really the better way to operate with WSJT-X.

Thanks to all of you responsible for this great program !!

Gary - AC6EG

Bill Somerville

On 02/11/2016 14:46, gdefeyter@... [WSJTX] wrote:
Don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if WSJT-X could take my TS-590 out of Split Mode when I shut down the program.
Hi Gary,

which version of WSJT-X are you running? I ask because the latest versions should being doing this already.

gdefeyter@...

Hi Bill,

I'm using WSJT-X v1.6.0 r6263.  I believe this is the most recent full release. I'm using it on a desktop PC running a Win 7 Pro 32 bit OS.  Up until a few weeks ago I was using a TS-570DG and found that it too remained in split mode when I exited from WSJT-X.

73 de Gary / AC6EG

gdefeyter@...

Hi Bill,

Your suggestion that this had already been fixed prompted me to take another look at my setup.  I am using VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator) to split one of my COM ports so that more than one software program can control my xcvr at the same time.  I have a SDRPlay receiver connected to the DRV port on my TS-590SG for use with HDSDR as a panadapter.  VSPE allows me to run HDSDR and WSJT-X together via Omni-rig. I can change bands, frequencies or operating modes directly from my radio or via HDSDAR and/or WSJT-X and everything stays in sync.  I thought maybe this unconventional configuration might be causing my rig to remain in Split Mode after exiting from WSJT-X, but that does not appear to be the case.  I have tried using WSJT-X as a stand alone rig control CAT program using either the serial port or the USB port on my TS-590SG. It doesn't seem to matter how I set this up, the rig is always left in Split Mode.  (A big Thank-You to whoever thought to include Omni-Rig1 and Omni-Rig2  as options in the drop down menu of radios! Omni-Rig is a very useful option! )

73

Gary / AC6EG