locked setting frequency

David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD <wd4kpd@...>

using latest version of wsjt-x. doing split mode on the rig with full waterfall to see and do jt65/jt9 at same time.

everything works fine, but i am really confused on how to tell someone to meet me elsewhere on the band and perhaps switch mode.

some reply with a frequency, but i have no idea where it is, after all the other guy just may not be using wsjt-x

how do i figure this ???

david/wd4kpd

--
God's law is written in stone...all else is negotiable.

Michael Black

I try a message through JTAlert first...no reply then I send an email. Email seems to work about 50% of the time. I find it's best if you can message on JTAlert since it's faster...just gave to be aware you can only do 3 message per minute at 5,20 and 35 seconds and message overwrite if sent again during those periods.
Asking to QSY during a QSO is awkward, has too little info, and requires an acknowledging reply.  You basically never see anybody trying to negotiate a QSY that way.
RRR
Mike W9MDB

using latest version of wsjt-x. doing split mode on the rig with full
waterfall to see and do jt65/jt9 at same time.

everything works fine, but i am really confused on how to tell someone
to meet me elsewhere on the band and perhaps switch mode.

some reply with a frequency, but i have no idea where it is, after all
the other guy just may not be using wsjt-x

how do i figure this ???

david/wd4kpd

--
God's law is written in stone...all else is negotiable.

David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD <wd4kpd@...>

Mike....

seems i didn't formulate my query very well.  it's not about getting the other op's attention.  i can't figure out how to calculate the desired frequency for the QSY.

DAVID

On 1/5/2016 4:36 AM, Black Michael mdblack98@... [WSJTX] wrote:
[...]

What kind of QSY message are you sending/receiving?  Can you show an example?
Normally you'd just do it by band.  The offset doesn't really matter.

RRR
Mike W9MDB

using latest version of wsjt-x. doing split mode on the rig with full
waterfall to see and do jt65/jt9 at same time.

everything works fine, but i am really confused on how to tell someone
to meet me elsewhere on the band and perhaps switch mode.

some reply with a frequency, but i have no idea where it is, after all
the other guy just may not be using wsjt-x

how do i figure this ???

david/wd4kpd

--
God's law is written in stone...all else is negotiable.

--
God's law is written in stone...all else is negotiable.

David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD <wd4kpd@...>

Mike...

let me give you a sample i ran into trying to catch VU on 80m yesterday.

using WSJT-X  and jt65, i could not hold the qso very well so i requested op to QSY to jt9 and gave him my audio frequency.  could not find each other.  queried the frequency and he sent back "i am on 3576.5 + 1860".  i sent back that HAMSPOTS said i was on3578.84.

with standard setup of waterfall showing 200 to 4kc, how do i tell another too go to another freq. especially on jt9 where wsjt-x does some tricky shifting.  an added feature, if the other op is not using wsjt-x then anything goes.

FLDGI has a nice feature in that you can set waterfall to read either audio or rf frequency of the signals.

what say ?

david

On 1/5/2016 3:37 PM, Black Michael mdblack98@... [WSJTX] wrote:
[...]

Bill Somerville

On 05/01/2016 15:55, David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wd4kpd@... [WSJTX] wrote:
with standard setup of waterfall showing 200 to 4kc, how do i tell another too go to another freq. especially on jt9 where wsjt-x does some tricky shifting. an added feature, if the other op is not using wsjt-x then anything goes.
If the other OM is not using WSJT-X then JT9 is not an option!

JT65-HF uses a base frequency of dial + 1500Hz I believe. In WSJT-X the DF on the main screen is correct with respect to the dial frequency shown on the main screen.

Don't worry about SPLIT operation, that is transparent apart from the Tx VFO dial frequency on the rig itself, you do not have to allow for that because WSJT-X transposes the Tx audio frequencies to compensate.