locked WSJTX-X [NEW FEATURE REQUEST] TX Message via UDP #NewUser

karlis.millers@...

Looking for option to see/get WSJT-X transmitting messages via UDP.

for example:
  • CQ DE YL3ALK KO06
  • YL3AME YL3ALK RR73
etc..

Why?
When looking for options to make different interfaces, for example:  https://github.com/F5OEO/rpitx or https://github.com/kgoba/ft8_lib
In these scope WSJT-X is good interface for RX via RTL-SDR and logging. But with some UDP stream, WSJT-X can handle TX control to!
With these new UDP feature request with WSJT-X you will be possible to get TX string and then for example: give these string to CLI command:
pift8 -f $OUTPUT_FREQ $TEXT_FROM_WSJT_X_UPD

--
73 DE YL3ALK

Dave Garber

this happens, if I understand you correct, if you link jtalert/wsjtx and gridtracker

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM <karlis.millers@...> wrote:
Looking for option to see/get WSJT-X transmitting messages via UDP.

for example:
  • CQ DE YL3ALK KO06
  • YL3AME YL3ALK RR73
etc..

Why?
When looking for options to make different interfaces, for example:  https://github.com/F5OEO/rpitx or https://github.com/kgoba/ft8_lib
In these scope WSJT-X is good interface for RX via RTL-SDR and logging. But with some UDP stream, WSJT-X can handle TX control to!
With these new UDP feature request with WSJT-X you will be possible to get TX string and then for example: give these string to CLI command:
pift8 -f $OUTPUT_FREQ $TEXT_FROM_WSJT_X_UPD

--
73 DE YL3ALK -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#4236): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/4236
Mute #new: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=new&subid=711219
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

karlis.millers@...

Edited

Ofcourse. With jtalert or Gridtracker  is no problems, all work wine.
My goal is to get TX String, for example in custom python simple udp server.

--
73 DE YL3ALK