locked Uninstalling

Paul N5PG

I'm at my wits end.

Until last Saturday WSJT-X 2.0.1 worked fine.
Then any transmissions quit totally while trying F/H clng 1A0C, but rcv still OK.

Using FT1000MP MKV, Signalink, vox keying, no CAT.

PC updated itself to Win10 1903 (build 18362).
I noticed driver for USB Root Hub 3.0 is now dated 3/18/19. Pwr Management for it turned off.

I  reinstalled 2.0.1, rcv is fine, transmit dead,no tones. PC audio set up as directed, ditto Signalink.
I  saw that F2 Confg tabs were already populated, so the uninstall was apparently incomplete.

I found the WSJT-X.ini file and copied it to a new folder & renamed it too.
Ran Uninstall again then deleted wsjt directories including "log directory".

Installed 2.0.1 again, F2 Config tabs STILL populated ! How can this be ?
Even tried 2.1.0 32 and 64bit versions, same results.

I figured I'd try a clean install, start from scratch having to re- enter everything and so on but no go.

I've spent hours on this, totally frustrated.
I'm getting to where I'm thinking of dropping the whole thing until  smarter folks can sort it out and a stable installation becomes possible.

73, comments welcome, Paul N5PG

BTW not RFI, been using dummy load with minimum pwr.

Bill Somerville

On 25/07/2019 17:07, Paul Godwin via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Paul,

you mention several items that are related to different setup issues. Can you simply list exactly what is not working for you and we can start from there. Changing multiple random configuration settings will not achieve anything but confusion.

Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>

Have you another radio that has a CAT interface that you could try?

Update 1903 could be the issue as well. Do you have another PC you could try?

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 25, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Paul Godwin via Groups.Io <n5pg@...> wrote:

[...]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3755): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3755
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Michael Black

Uninstall all your USB devices and let them reinstall.

1903 seems to have messed up a few things.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 11:17:31 AM CDT, Paul Godwin via Groups.Io <n5pg@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Cooper

On 25 Jul 2019 at 9:07, Paul Godwin via Groups.Io wrote:

Until last Saturday WSJT-X 2.0.1 worked fine.
version 2.0.1 is OBSOLETE and I believe it
was coded to stop working when 2.1.0 was
released ...

UPDATE to version 2.1.0 and it should probably work.

Ron Haltermon WA4HWN

This may be a Windows update problem.  Their (Microsoft) updates cause more problems than fixes, in my concerted opinion, which is why I run linux on 6 of my computers and only Windows 7 on my Ham radio computer.  No problems.  I have licensed versions of Windows XP, XP Pro, 7 Home Premium, 7 Pro, 8.1 and 10 and ceased using all of them except Windows 7 Home Premium.  I run HDR, NaP3, WSJT-X, and N4PY software all on Win 7 machine and have downloaded, and used, each of WSJT release over the past two+ years with no issues.  (I have stuck with 32 bit in all instances on the Windows machine and 64 bit on all Linux machines.

I dropped SKYPE and went to qTOX and uTOX since Microsoft acquire SKYPE and every update seemed to adversely affect SKYPE (not to mention all of their ads!).  Anyway, Paul, I feel for you.  Been there and done that.......Hi Hi!

Good luck and I hope it turns out to be, for your sake, something simple and not Windows update related.

73 de Ron WA4HWN