locked Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

AA3AE

Just installed 2.1.0 64 Bit on Win 10 Pro using OmniRig and JTAlertX with Log4OM with Yaesu 3000. All was working prior, now receiving Rig Control Errors every 15-30 minutes. All configurations checked. Any thoughts what's going on and if there is a fix?

Steve, AA3AE

Bill

I also have been getting random rig control errors also on my 3000 connection.

Very infrequent but touching nothing, rig, computer, etc., it just pops up on the screen that it lost the connection.

I found that if I pull the USB plug from the rig to my laptop and plug it back in, that solves the issue, ie. a reconnect.

K2WH

Just installed 2.1.0 64 Bit on Win 10 Pro using OmniRig and JTAlertX with Log4OM with Yaesu 3000. All was working prior, now receiving Rig Control Errors every 15-30 minutes. All configurations checked. Any thoughts what's going on and if there is a fix?

Steve, AA3AE

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3702): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3702
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Michael Black

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:59:45 PM CDT, Jerome Sodus <jsodus@...> wrote:

To Bob KD6C,
Might you have the mix# of the toroids used?
73 jerry km3k

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Just installed 2.1.0 64 Bit on Win 10 Pro using OmniRig and JTAlertX with Log4OM with Yaesu 3000. All was working prior, now receiving Rig Control Errors every 15-30 minutes. All configurations checked. Any thoughts what's going on and if there is a fix?

Steve, AA3AE

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3702): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3702
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3727): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3727
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bob Revel

I think Mike probably has the correct info.
See the link below for the purchase I made with DX Engineering; the issue I had cleared up right after installing one bead on each digital (USB) cable. Be sure to make several cable loops through the bead.

Bob KD6C

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/DXE-CSB-750P

[...]

Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>

Had the same issue.  The 32 bit version works fine on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.

Bill Somerville

On 25/07/2019 16:53, Ham Radio wrote:
Had the same issue.  The 32 bit version works fine on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.
OM,

more details please?

Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>

Getting Hamlib error on 64 bit version of WSJTX when program tries to connect to Icom 746PRO. Audio functions are OK.

The 32 bit version of WSJTX works just fine on the same Windows 64 bit PRO version at update level 1803.

73, Bernie

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 25, 2019, at 12:10 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 25/07/2019 16:53, Ham Radio wrote:
Had the same issue. The 32 bit version works fine on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.
OM,

more details please?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3754): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3754
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

Bill Somerville

Hi Bernie,

more details please. WSJT-X rig control errors come with a details panel that states exactly what the error was.

For your convenience you can copy the *full* text of the error message to the Windows clipboard by hitting CTRL+C while the message box has keyboard focus.

Just in case you  are in doubt of what that means (many seem to lack this basic keyboard skill) - left mouse button click the title bar of the message then press the CTRL and C keys on your keyboard simultaneously. The captured message can then be pasted into an email message by hitting CTRL+V while entering text into the email message body.