locked No Transmitting

Jim W

I upgraded to v2.1.0 and everything went smoothly. I checked my settings and it seems everything was saved. I went to work a station now and my radio will not transmit. It seems the answer is staring at me, but for the like of me, I can't figure out why it will not transmit. Before upgrading it worked. I did a restart but it did not help.

v2.1.0

Kenwood TS-590

Signalink USB

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

VA3XOV

Andrew O'Brien

I’m not well versed on SignalLink devices but since it is a VOX device , did you check that the SignalLink has enough signal to trip the transmit circuit? Perhaps your audio settings have lower volume settings .
Andy K3UK.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Jim W <jamesw.va3xov@...> wrote:

I upgraded to v2.1.0 and everything went smoothly. I checked my settings and it seems everything was saved. I went to work a station now and my radio will not transmit. It seems the answer is staring at me, but for the like of me, I can't figure out why it will not transmit. Before upgrading it worked. I did a restart but it did not help.

v2.1.0

Kenwood TS-590

Signalink USB

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

VA3XOV

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3675): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3675
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Harry Gilling

i have the same equipment.  Is the Signalink power on?  I have to manually power Signalink off and on.    It used to be done by the software

Harry W9IB

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM Jim W <jamesw.va3xov@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Andy,

That is my issue, I can't get enough signal to trip the Transmit circuit. I will keep plugging away at it. Something very simple and I can't see it.

Will let you know what I find.

73

Jim

[...]

Hi Harry,

I also Power the Signalink manually, and I always make sure it is on before opening WSJT. Heaven forbid if I spent 3 hours trying to find the problem, and find out I forgot to turn it on. :)

Thanks

Jim

[...]

Buddy Spiegel

i had this issue the other day.  i downloaded the usb signalink documentation.   i religiously followed the instructions for windows 10, and the problem went away.

buddy
w3bs

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2019, at 11:58, Jim W <jamesw.va3xov@...> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#3692): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3692
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bobby Smalley

I also had the same issue. I think there is a problem with the 2.1 version.

I am running:
Yaesu FT-450
Rigblaster
WSJT on Dell Win 10 PC

Everything was working fine, I upgraded to 2.1 and it would not transmit the radio. I looked through all the settings and all appeared to be fine. I
then closed WSJT and fired up JS8Call to check the radio and stuff. That worked fine, I was able to key up the radio with no issues.

I then uninstalled WSJT and reinstalled 2.0. All is working again!

Bobby Smalley - KX4RS

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 1:03 PM Jim W <jamesw.va3xov@...> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#3693): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3693
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jim W

Hi Buddy,

All is good in the World again. When  you stated "Instructions for Win 10", I checked my documentation that I was using, just to make sure, and realized I had the one for Win XP. No wonder I was not getting it. I printed off the one for Win 7, found what I had missed, fixed it, and now it is transmitting as normal.

Thanks for the awesome help here.

73

Jim

[...]

Dave Garber

you are not using the internal audio codec, within the 590??

if the driver is installed, even if you are not using it, make sure you selected the correct audio codec input.

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 7:37 PM Harry Gilling <w9ib73@...> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#3681): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3681
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

Jim W

Hi Dave,

You are right, I have 2 Audio Codec, what I did was re-named my Audio Codec for my Signalink, to "Signalink", so when I chose it, it is very Simple, and not confusing.

73s

Jim