From: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io> On Behalf Of Woody
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 14:32
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Satellite latency #new

Hi Bobby,
Can't address your question directly, but (sadly) I have hughesnet. Latency is not the only issue. While download speeds are reported by them (and testmy.net) to be in the 10 to 40 meg range, the actual performance, to put it bluntly, sucks. Even with these reported speeds, it can take 30 seconds to 2 minutes to open a web page. I often even have trouble using my online QRZ logbook. Logging rapid fire QSOs is nearly impossible. I have complained to phone support and on the HN forum. Nothing but lame excuses citing latency. I don't think latency is the only thing causing two minute page loads. Firefox reports "waiting" for things like a simple handshake confirmation or "waiting"
for aws (Amazon Web Services) that hold up progress for over a minute at times. The issue is not consistent - comes and goes.
Woody - KZ4AK

On 12/18/2018 17:36, BOBBY E Chandler wrote:
Is anyone using Satellite internet with WSJTX and does the latency affect the timing sync with Meinberg etc?

Bobby/N4AU

View/Reply Online (#2133): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/2133
Mute #new: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=new&subid=484799
-=-=-