#install Cannot set splash screen to not show again #install

RussB

After several iterations o install V2.0 of WSJT-X, and the associated redistributables, etc, I am having difficulty checking the "Do not show again" box on the initial splash screen. I've looked for recent messages reporting this issue, and not finding any, I wonder if this is unique to my install.  I am running a Win 7Pro-SP1 system, i7- 8GB of memory and plenty of disk. I've reinstalled v2.0, rebooted, etc.  Am I missing a file?

Thanks

Russ WD9DD

Bill Somerville

On 17/12/2018 15:00, RussB wrote:
After several iterations o install V2.0 of WSJT-X, and the associated redistributables, etc, I am having difficulty checking the "Do not show again" box on the initial splash screen. I've looked for recent messages reporting this issue, and not finding any, I wonder if this is unique to my install.  I am running a Win 7Pro-SP1 system, i7- 8GB of memory and plenty of disk. I've reinstalled v2.0, rebooted, etc.  Am I missing a file?
Hi Russ,

sorry about that, it is a nasty interaction with the initial message box. You need to click "Ok" on the message box before you can check the option to disable the splash screen permanently. Yo need to be quick to complete both actions before the splash screen times out.

RussB

Thanks, Bill.  I will try that.  It seems the other box pops under the splash screen, but I'll keep at it.

73s
Russ WD9DD

On 19/12/2018 20:08, RussB wrote:
It seems the other box pops under the splash screen, but I'll keep at it.
Hi Russ,

you should be able to drag the box from under the splash screen.