Trouble with 2.0 RC4 Linux Mint 19 #install

Bill Carpenter

I had been using 2.0 RC3 on my amd64 Linux Mint 19 machine with no problems at all.  I tried loading the new 2.0 RC4 tonight.  It installed but when I try to run it I get "Fatal error: failed to find SQlite QT driver".  and it will not run.  So then I uninstalled it and tried to install 1.9.1 thinking it would be OK but when I try to install it with GDebi Package Installer I get "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libreadline6(>=6.0).  I have another Mint 19 amd64 machine that I installed RC4 on with no problem.

So now I can't work FT8 at all with my shack machine.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

73, Bill NZ0T

Bill Somerville

On 14/11/2018 03:17, Bill Carpenter wrote:
I had been using 2.0 RC3 on my amd64 Linux Mint 19 machine with no problems at all.  I tried loading the new 2.0 RC4 tonight.  It installed but when I try to run it I get "Fatal error: failed to find SQlite QT driver".  and it will not run.
Hi Bill,

sorry about that, thanks for the issue report. There is a new dependency. Try installing the libqt5sql5-sqlite package. I will update the package dependency requirements for the next release.

Bill Carpenter

Bill,

Installing libqt5sql5-sqlite worked - the program is running. However I am not seeing any calls being decoded. The bar on the left is normal and everything on the waterfall looks fine. I am able to transmit normally. I have changed no settings from 2.0 rc3 so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I'm tired and heading to bed - if you have any ideas that might help I would greatly appreciate it!

73, Bill NZ0T

Carl - WC4H

Hi Bill.

Remember that RC4 only sends and decodes 77 bit.  You will see the other 75 bit signals on the waterfall but you will not decode them.  They will not be able to decode your signal either if they are on V 1.91.

The suggestion for RC4 is to transmit above 2000 Hz.  Tonite there were a number of folks there on 40 and 20 (while it was open).  I even made one QSO on 160.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Bill Carpenter

Carl,

No, I guess I didn't see that RC4 only decodes 77 bit - my mistake.  I assumed it was the same as RC3 with the ability to switch protocols.  Which brings up the question of how/when will the "big switch" to 77 bit occur?  I think a lot of those currently using 1.9.1 do not know about the upcoming change.

73, Bill NZ0T