Date   

locked Re: #install latest update - TX messages on tab 2 missing #install

Bill Somerville
 

On 18/01/2021 21:28, Jim W wrote:

I upgraded from v2.2.2 to V2.3.0 rc3. I got the error message “Error loading LOTW users” but reading the help file, I was able to fix it. The one part I can’t fix is Tab 2. The picture below is how it should be, but my Tab 2 is blank.

 

 

Is there something I forgot to do during the upgrade?

 

73s Jim

VA3XOV

Hi Jim,

the Tab 2 buttons are obsolete and have been removed as they are the source of many issues, also they have been not maintained for many versions.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked #install latest update - TX messages on tab 2 missing #install

Jim W
 

I upgraded from v2.2.2 to V2.3.0 rc3. I got the error message “Error loading LOTW users” but reading the help file, I was able to fix it. The one part I can’t fix is Tab 2. The picture below is how it should be, but my Tab 2 is blank.

 

 

Is there something I forgot to do during the upgrade?

 

73s Jim

VA3XOV


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Reino Talarmo
 

> I do not know why, it just confuses people. I know why it confuses people, because there is no option in the settings for WSPRnet, only PSK Reporter.

Austin,
Bill already told that WSJT-X don’t send WSPR nor FST4W reports to PSK Reporter and that selection does not affect to WSPR nor FST4W at all.

There is on the main pages of those modes a user selection “Upload spots” to activate sending spots to WSPRnet. It is the only “official” and original destination of WSPR spots and there has not been any reason to write that on the main window of those modes. If you are interested in WSPR “history”, you look into https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/WSPR_2.0_User.pdf

73, Reino OH3mA

 


locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

KEN G4APB
 

Hi Bill, sorry if am asking the blindingly obvious, but have I not just done that by trying the file in all sub directories that i have to go through to reach my wsjt-x v2.3.0-rc2 application file?
My environmental variables includes .bat files in its’ list.

73 Ken g4apb 


locked Re: Fw: Returned mail: User unknown #FT8

R Gape
 

Bob,

it looks like a transient glitch on groups.io, now resolved (since we can both now post). Probably one of life's lesser mysteries!

73, Stay Safe,

Robin, G8DQX

On 18/01/2021 19:16, K8BL BOB LIDDY wrote:



What is this all about?????   Bob K8BL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday, January 18, 2021, 01:22:23 PM EST, Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@wsjtx.groups.io> wrote:


The original message was received at Mon, 18 Jan 2021 07:12:11 -1000
from [47.43.26.156]

  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    (expanded from: main@wsjtx.groups.io)

  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail.local: unknown name: main
550 main@wsjtx.groups.io... User unknown
Bill,

Just install the new one and it will take over. Don't delete the old


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Bill Somerville
 

On 18/01/2021 19:21, Austin 2E0MNV wrote:
> I do not know why, it just confuses people. I know why it confuses people, because there is no option in the settings for WSPRnet, only PSK Reporter. If you go on PSK reporter, a handful of WSPR spots can be seen. Does anyone know why this is? Why are some reporting to PSK Reporter but most report to WSPRnet. What is different about their setup. (I know WSPRnet is the proper place). I'm just curious as to how some but not all stations are reporting to PSK Reporter. There are no settings I can see in WSJTX
--
Austin
2E0MNV

Austin,

WSJT-X does not send WSPR spots to PSK Reporter. WSJT-X is not the only application that decodes WSPR traffic.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

Bill Somerville
 

On 18/01/2021 18:40, KEN G4APB via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill,
I modified my batch file as your instructions for 40m and 80m and put in the correct commands for my QCX and renamed the file as 'user_hardware.bat'.
I have tried placing this file in all locations from C:/ through to wsjt paths to /bin, but all no no effect.

I am bandhopping 40m and 80m, and although my QCX radio is changing to the correct frequency by CAT control, this user_hardware file still does not seem to do anything.
Here is a copy of my batch file now (called user_hardware.bat);

 @ECHO OFF
IF "%1"=="40" (
  SerialSend "QM6.010;"
) ELSE IF "%1"=="80" (
  SerialSend "QM6.012;"
)

Ken,

the way WSJT-X now works means that it runs the user_hardware.bat file exactly the same way that any other executable file is run. For MS Windows that means the file must be located in either in one of the directories listed on the PATH environment variable or in the current working directory when WSJT-X is started.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Austin 2E0MNV
 

> I do not know why, it just confuses people.

I know why it confuses people, because there is no option in the settings for WSPRnet, only PSK Reporter. If you go on PSK reporter, a handful of WSPR spots can be seen. Does anyone know why this is? Why are some reporting to PSK Reporter but most report to WSPRnet. What is different about their setup. (I know WSPRnet is the proper place). I'm just curious as to how some but not all stations are reporting to PSK Reporter. There are no settings I can see in WSJTX

--
Austin
2E0MNV


locked Fw: Returned mail: User unknown #FT8

K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...>
 




What is this all about?????   Bob K8BL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday, January 18, 2021, 01:22:23 PM EST, Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@wsjtx.groups.io> wrote:


The original message was received at Mon, 18 Jan 2021 07:12:11 -1000
from [47.43.26.156]

  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    (expanded from: main@wsjtx.groups.io)

  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail.local: unknown name: main
550 main@wsjtx.groups.io... User unknown
Bill,

Just install the new one and it will take over. Don't delete the old
one first since you'll have to go through and set up your options all
over again if they differ from the defaults.

GL/73,   Bob  K8BL


On Monday, January 18, 2021, 11:30:02 AM EST, Bill Combs via groups.io <wwcombs@...> wrote:


I am new to WSJT-X, having just started using it a few weeks ago. Because I have an Icom 705 (and Macintosh) I am using Candidate Release 2.3.0-rc2, which expires tomorrow. I wonder what the procedure is for me now? I assume I download the latest Candidate Release. Do I delete the old version from the Applications folder first? Do I go through with the complete install procedure as I did originally? Thanks.
--
Bill
W8BC







locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

KEN G4APB
 

Hi Bill,
I modified my batch file as your instructions for 40m and 80m and put in the correct commands for my QCX and renamed the file as 'user_hardware.bat'.
I have tried placing this file in all locations from C:/ through to wsjt paths to /bin, but all no no effect.

I am bandhopping 40m and 80m, and although my QCX radio is changing to the correct frequency by CAT control, this user_hardware file still does not seem to do anything.
Here is a copy of my batch file now (called user_hardware.bat);

 @ECHO OFF
IF "%1"=="40" (
  SerialSend "QM6.010;"
) ELSE IF "%1"=="80" (
  SerialSend "QM6.012;"
)


locked Re: Installing New Release Version #install

K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...>
 

Bill,

Just install the new one and it will take over. Don't delete the old
one first since you'll have to go through and set up your options all
over again if they differ from the defaults.

GL/73,   Bob  K8BL


On Monday, January 18, 2021, 11:30:02 AM EST, Bill Combs via groups.io <wwcombs@...> wrote:


I am new to WSJT-X, having just started using it a few weeks ago. Because I have an Icom 705 (and Macintosh) I am using Candidate Release 2.3.0-rc2, which expires tomorrow. I wonder what the procedure is for me now? I assume I download the latest Candidate Release. Do I delete the old version from the Applications folder first? Do I go through with the complete install procedure as I did originally? Thanks.
--
Bill
W8BC




locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Fred
 

Update:

I have been on 40m WSPR just receiving maybe 15 minutes I have not received a single spot from WSPR net 
I then checked PSK Reporter found 1 Rx spot from KB3DF.

I then Enable Tx in WSPR after one transmission I was spotted by several station that Heard Me.
I then waited a few minutes no transmitting just receiving....
Updated my search on WSPR net and now it shows that I am receiving signals on 40m.

Not sure what's going on but it seems that one transmit cycle got me going on just receiving.

I will try tonight on 630m.

73
Fred KB4QZH


locked Re: Installing New Release Version #install

Kevin McQuiggin (VE7ZD/KN7Q)
 

Hi Bill:

I’m a Mac user as well.  Just rename the old WSJT-X application in the Applications folder if you want to keep it (just in case RC3 doesn’t work for you, but it should!), and then drag the new RC3 to the Applications folder.  You don’t have to redo any of the sysctl value changes as nothing in that area changed between RC2 and RC3.

Hope this helps, 73,

Kevin VE7ZD/KN7Q


On Jan 18, 2021, at 8:29 AM, Bill Combs via groups.io <wwcombs@...> wrote:

I am new to WSJT-X, having just started using it a few weeks ago. Because I have an Icom 705 (and Macintosh) I am using Candidate Release 2.3.0-rc2, which expires tomorrow. I wonder what the procedure is for me now? I assume I download the latest Candidate Release. Do I delete the old version from the Applications folder first? Do I go through with the complete install procedure as I did originally? Thanks.
--
Bill
W8BC




locked Installing New Release Version #install

Bill, W8BC
 

I am new to WSJT-X, having just started using it a few weeks ago. Because I have an Icom 705 (and Macintosh) I am using Candidate Release 2.3.0-rc2, which expires tomorrow. I wonder what the procedure is for me now? I assume I download the latest Candidate Release. Do I delete the old version from the Applications folder first? Do I go through with the complete install procedure as I did originally? Thanks.
--
Bill
W8BC


locked Random TX Operation #transmit

Ray King G0VSS
 

I was have a problem with the current latest version 2.2 of WSJT-X where the TX function only worked intermittently and not at all reliable.
I checked everything and no remedy.
I use WSJTX and LOG4OM working together for rig control and logging.
In desperation I downloaded the new test release version 2.3.0-rc2 4c05f8 6/01/21
This solved the issue completely - so I just wanted to let you know and hope that whatever that was changed in the program can be incorporated the future release. Unfortunately this is set to expire and become non operation tomorrow 19/01/21
If you need any further information, please let me know

Thanks

Ray G0VSS


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Fred
 

Bill,
Again thank you very much for the help.
My callsign and grid are entered in the settings under the General tab.

I looked at my WSRP settings they are as you say above.
The Upload spots is checked.
When I do a mouse hover over it says...  "Upload decode messages to WSPRnet.org"

Remember my FT-8 works fine...but I did check my settings there also.
FT-8 settings are ok and report.

I hope I'm not missing something

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Bill Somerville
 

On 18/01/2021 11:58, Fred wrote:
Here's what I am confused about.

How do I get my received signals from WSJT-x to report on either PSK Reporter or WSPR net?

I have used WSPR off and on for years.
On 630m I want to listen to start off.
Maybe transmit later.

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH
Hi Fred,

make sure your call and gridsquare are entered on the "Settings->General" panel.

To spot your received WSPR decodes to WSPRnet.org you check the option the WSJT-X main window in WSPR or FST4W mode.

To spot the QSO modes decodes to PSK Reporter check the option "Settings->Reporting->Network Services->Enable PSK Reporter Spotting".

Currently WSPR spots are not sent to PSK Reporter by WSJT-X, there have been discussions with the PSK Reporter service about doing this, but currently the decision is not to do so as the extra load on the server and coding changes required are not appropriate.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Fred
 

Here's what I am confused about.

How do I get my received signals from WSJT-x to report on either PSK Reporter or WSPR net?

I have used WSPR off and on for years.
On 630m I want to listen to start off.
Maybe transmit later.

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH


locked Windows audio #FT4 #FT8 #txaudio

Phil Davidson
 

For those, who like me, have had issues with Windows 'messing' with the USB/audio there is a very interesting article that explains whats going on.
Its called USB soundcards and is in the Data section of RSGB magazine - Feb 2021.

Basically, it explains that every time a USB device is plugged in a 'note' is made This record is added to each time another/same device is plugged in.
This can lead devices not being registered correctly in favour of the 'default' devices.

Hope this is useful.

Regards - Phil (G0DOR)


locked Re: WSPR Rx not reporting to PSK Reporter #WSJTX_config

Alan G4ZFQ
 

Does it go to PSK Reproter as well or does it not? Why can I see some WSPR spots on PSK reporter but only very few? Is it a legacy perhaps?  I'm just wondering.
--
Austin
I guess this is mentioned somewhere in the many WSPR documents.
WSPRnet is the official site, all reports go there. You go there to see the results.
PSK reporter has nothing to do with WSPR although it does accept reports. I do not know why, it just confuses people.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

19481 - 19500 of 40086