Date   

locked Re: Microphone going to sleep?

Bob Lewis
 

Here’s a link on how to do this in the latest W10 version:

  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mack Edmonson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:21 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Microphone going to sleep? #wsjtx

 

I think you will find power management in DEVICE MANAGER< USB CONTROLLERS, un tick the “ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Do this for each device under USB controllers.

Good Luck

Mack, W4ENN

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


locked Re: Hamlib error #WSJTX_config

Don Roden
 

My TS-2000 does that when the sub receiver is turned on ... off = fine.
Don W4DNR

Quoting "zs6bv via groups.io" <zs6bv@...>:

Rig Control Error
Do uou want to reconfigure the radio interface?
Detail: Hamlib error: Command rejected by the rig while setting frequency
No problem on receive. Error occurs as soon as the software triggers the PTT.


locked Re: GPS satellite time sync is wonderful

John Wisniowski
 

I followed your instructions.  The NMEATime Panel says "No GPS".  I may need "SiRFDemo" to switch the GPS from SiRF back to NMEA.  
Does anyone know where I can find this program to download?  
Has anyone heard of a different fix?  
There is also a similar problem with USB GPS receivers.  They work on Windows 7, but not on Win 8 and 10. 


locked Re: Constand Rig Control Error

Paul Hamilton <Ke7uae@...>
 

Can you run WSJT-X radio config with no radio control and VOX PTT ? That is how I run my Elecraft K2 using rig control is a luxury unless you need it for PTT.

Good luck,
KE7UAE


On Thu, Apr 16, 2020, 2:58 PM Gary Shirk via groups.io <gshirk=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem that I really need some help with. I bought a new 15" Dell
laptop computer. I just downloaded the latest version of WSJT-X software (2.1.2)
and everything was going well. So I thought.

But when I try to use the program to transmit, this error message keeps popping 
up and nothing happens. Error message states: "Rig Control Error - Do you want to 
reconfigure the radio interface?" No matter what I try at this point, the program
closes and deletes all of the settings just about every time. Why is it doing this?

I'm using a SiganLink digital interface control box and an old Yaesu - FT-847
transceiver. I was using this same system with an 15 inch HP laptop and the 
setup worked great. I'm also using the data input connection on the back to 
switch bands on the transceiver when I switch bands on my laptop.

Oh, both were using Windows 10. I would appreciate some help on how to get
back on the air running FT8 again. My rig is receiving FT8 signals like it should.

Thanks.

Gary Shirk
April 16, 2020
Call signs: T88SS & KE1AT
73..


locked Re: WSJTX with rig control #WSJTX_config

Bill Somerville
 

On 16/04/2020 19:56, zs6bv via groups.io wrote:
I am also getting a Rig Control Error
Hamlib error: Command rejected by the rig while setting frequency

It happens just after the Rig finishes it's Transmit.

It's a Yaesu FT857D - Worked fine on my old Windows XP notebook. Now its Win 10 on a HP Elitebook
Using a Prolific USB to Serial Interface for the CAT which Win 10 sets up with no problems
Hi OM,

with the Yaesu FT-817/857/897/818(D) series of rigs you must uncheck the WSJT-X option "Settings->General->Allow Tx frequency changes while transmitting".

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: Constand Rig Control Error

Bill Somerville
 

On 16/04/2020 13:48, Gary Shirk via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem that I really need some help with. I bought a new 15" Dell
laptop computer. I just downloaded the latest version of WSJT-X software (2.1.2)
and everything was going well. So I thought.

But when I try to use the program to transmit, this error message keeps popping 
up and nothing happens. Error message states: "Rig Control Error - Do you want to 
reconfigure the radio interface?" No matter what I try at this point, the program
closes and deletes all of the settings just about every time. Why is it doing this?

I'm using a SiganLink digital interface control box and an old Yaesu - FT-847
transceiver. I was using this same system with an 15 inch HP laptop and the 
setup worked great. I'm also using the data input connection on the back to 
switch bands on the transceiver when I switch bands on my laptop.

Oh, both were using Windows 10. I would appreciate some help on how to get
back on the air running FT8 again. My rig is receiving FT8 signals like it should.

Thanks.

Gary Shirk

Hi Gary,

the SignaLink USB interface is audio and PTT only, it does not provide a CAT control connection. If you do not have an additional CAT interface for your FT-847 then you need to select the WSJT-X option "Settings->Radio->Rig->None". You also need to set the option "Settings->Radio->PTT Method->VOX".

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: WSJTX with rig control #WSJTX_config

zs6bv@...
 

I am also getting a Rig Control Error
Hamlib error: Command rejected by the rig while setting frequency

It happens just after the Rig finishes it's Transmit.

It's a Yaesu FT857D - Worked fine on my old Windows XP notebook. Now its Win 10 on a HP Elitebook
Using a Prolific USB to Serial Interface for the CAT which Win 10 sets up with no problems 


locked Hamlib error #WSJTX_config

zs6bv@...
 

Rig Control Error
Do uou want to reconfigure the radio interface?
Detail: Hamlib error: Command rejected by the rig while setting frequency
No problem on receive. Error occurs as soon as the software triggers the PTT.


locked Constand Rig Control Error

Gary Shirk
 

Hi,

I have a problem that I really need some help with. I bought a new 15" Dell
laptop computer. I just downloaded the latest version of WSJT-X software (2.1.2)
and everything was going well. So I thought.

But when I try to use the program to transmit, this error message keeps popping 
up and nothing happens. Error message states: "Rig Control Error - Do you want to 
reconfigure the radio interface?" No matter what I try at this point, the program
closes and deletes all of the settings just about every time. Why is it doing this?

I'm using a SiganLink digital interface control box and an old Yaesu - FT-847
transceiver. I was using this same system with an 15 inch HP laptop and the 
setup worked great. I'm also using the data input connection on the back to 
switch bands on the transceiver when I switch bands on my laptop.

Oh, both were using Windows 10. I would appreciate some help on how to get
back on the air running FT8 again. My rig is receiving FT8 signals like it should.

Thanks.

Gary Shirk
April 16, 2020
Call signs: T88SS & KE1AT
73..


locked Re: K3S and WSJT-X on 160M

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
 

Under the WSJT-X Configuration menu, you can create a new configuration.  Several in fact.    I have the DEFAULT and one named JA-160 which sets the radio to do as described, and one for my Tentec Eagle.   I just choose the one I need from the configuration menu and the radio and computer are happy.  No need to reset anything.  Once and done.

73

Bob, K4TAX


locked Re: Microphone going to sleep?

Mack Edmonson
 

I think you will find power management in DEVICE MANAGER< USB CONTROLLERS, un tick the “ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Do this for each device under USB controllers.

Good Luck

Mack, W4ENN

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Dennis Jacobson
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:55 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Microphone going to sleep? #wsjtx

 

Hello again all.
Anyone else having this problem?
Everything works just fine as long as I keep using WSJT-X every 30 minutes or so. But should I leave for and hour or more and come back, the microphone no longer transmits the tone..  WSJT-X still keys the radio ok but nothing is generated or sent out on the transmit audio line..  If I restart WSJT-X everything comes back and works fine until I leave for an hour or so again.
I've check the power saving option in the device manager in both the microphone and in the USB and none show any power saving options set...
I'm at a loss for what else to check.

I've always been able to get answers to my other problems from the many people that read this group so maybe I can get one for this problem... Any ideas?
Thanks all.
Dennis N6NG

 


locked Re: Microphone going to sleep?

Herb Blue - WB8ASI
 

Dennis,   I see the same thing, but not on a regular basis.  Thought it had to do with the computer or screen saver going to sleep, but it's not consistent.  I chalked it up to perhaps the computer doing some background operations while idle, but really have no idea.  I haven't used "caffeine" in a while to keep things awake, but will give it another try.   https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/

On April 16, 2020 at 2:55 PM Dennis Jacobson <n6ng@...> wrote:

Hello again all.
Anyone else having this problem?
Everything works just fine as long as I keep using WSJT-X every 30 minutes or so. But should I leave for and hour or more and come back, the microphone no longer transmits the tone..  WSJT-X still keys the radio ok but nothing is generated or sent out on the transmit audio line..  If I restart WSJT-X everything comes back and works fine until I leave for an hour or so again.
I've check the power saving option in the device manager in both the microphone and in the USB and none show any power saving options set...
I'm at a loss for what else to check.

I've always been able to get answers to my other problems from the many people that read this group so maybe I can get one for this problem... Any ideas?
Thanks all.
Dennis N6NG

 


locked Re: Microphone going to sleep?

Jim Bacher - WB8VSU
 

When you checked the USB power settings, did you check the HUB its plugged in to as well? 

Jim Bacher, WB8VSU 
wb8vsu@... 
https://trc.guru

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 2:55 PM, Dennis Jacobson
<n6ng@...> wrote:
Hello again all.
Anyone else having this problem?
Everything works just fine as long as I keep using WSJT-X every 30 minutes or so. But should I leave for and hour or more and come back, the microphone no longer transmits the tone..  WSJT-X still keys the radio ok but nothing is generated or sent out on the transmit audio line..  If I restart WSJT-X everything comes back and works fine until I leave for an hour or so again.
I've check the power saving option in the device manager in both the microphone and in the USB and none show any power saving options set...
I'm at a loss for what else to check.

I've always been able to get answers to my other problems from the many people that read this group so maybe I can get one for this problem... Any ideas?
Thanks all.
Dennis N6NG


locked Microphone going to sleep?

Dennis Jacobson
 

Hello again all.
Anyone else having this problem?
Everything works just fine as long as I keep using WSJT-X every 30 minutes or so. But should I leave for and hour or more and come back, the microphone no longer transmits the tone..  WSJT-X still keys the radio ok but nothing is generated or sent out on the transmit audio line..  If I restart WSJT-X everything comes back and works fine until I leave for an hour or so again.
I've check the power saving option in the device manager in both the microphone and in the USB and none show any power saving options set...
I'm at a loss for what else to check.

I've always been able to get answers to my other problems from the many people that read this group so maybe I can get one for this problem... Any ideas?
Thanks all.
Dennis N6NG


locked Re: K3S and WSJT-X on 160M

Arthur Bernstein
 

Tried this briefly last night and seems to work.
Added for 160 meters FT8 another frequency of 1.908.000 in frequency chart, set K3 to Split, and WSJTX to NONE. Transmit on 1840.000 and receive on 1908.000. Everything remained OK after a test transmission.
Just remember to change settings when you’re finished trying to work JA on 160 FT8. Hopefully this will be a moot point when and if Japan changes their frequency allocations. Then just delete the 1908 addition.
73,
Art., N2KA..

On Apr 15, 2020, at 4:56 PM, Arthur Bernstein via groups.io <n2ka@...> wrote:

Thanks,
I will give it a shot.
Art, N2KA
On Apr 15, 2020, at 12:46 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

A solution that does work. Thanks to Bill Sommerville of the WSJT support group for providing this information.

<snip>
Bob,

Although running this sort of split will work on some rigs using CAT control, by selecting "Settings->Radio->Split Operating->None", it is not officially supported.

If it doesn't work for your rig, then you can disable CAT control and set the rig's VFOs and SPLIT manually by selecting "Settings->Radio->Rig->None". This clearly cannot be used with CAT PTT commands but if your rig supports PTT via RTS use that, or VOX (or DATA VOX) on the rig.

You can make a separate configuration in WSJT-X to support this including the Rx the frequency for logging.

73
Bill
G4WJS.
<snip>

I hope this is of assistance to others.
73
Bob, K4TAX


locked Re: Lookup and Add buttons

Ken Arck AH6LE
 

Not exactly. Doesn't it look in calls.txt?

Ken



At 10:12 AM 4/16/2020, you wrote:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
         boundary="----=_Part_1702785_1668142519.1587057137907"
Content-Length: 5612

No, the Lookup button looks for the callsign in your WSJTX log file; if it finds it there, then it will fill in the DX Grid box. If it is not there, then you can click on the Add button, and it will add it to your WSJTX log file.

David AD4TJ

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 11:25:59 AM EDT, Don Roden <donroden@...> wrote:


Are the LOOKUP and ADD buttons links to JTALERTX ?

Don W4DNR

Quoting "Derek Brown via groups.io" <g8eci=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io >:

> Don,
> I use JTalertx and that will highlight which calls have already been
> worked, with a B4 after the callsign as it appears in the JTalert
> window, sure there are other methods but this works for me.
> 73 Derek G8ECI
>
>    On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 06:49:32 BST, Don Roden
> <donroden@...> wrote:
>
>  New to WSJT-X and trying to learn how NOT to click on CQs that I
> may have already worked the day before.
>
> I see  [lookup] and [add] buttons just below the rig frequency
> window, but do they do anything ?
>
> Is there a simple way to review all the worked calls after a session ?
>
> Don W4DNR


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
https://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We we offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"
[]


locked frequency measuring test

Jamie WW3S
 

anyone using the software to participate in the ARRL FMT? There is one coming up next week, and id like to give it a try, but stuck on configuring the software. 


locked Re: Lookup and Add buttons

Bill Somerville
 

Hi David,

although you are correct that the Lookup/Add buttons on the WSJT-X main window are not linked to any external application or service, the rest of your description is ambiguous.

The Add and Lookup buttons update or search a separate database of calls and grids. The database is a CSV format file held in the WSJT-X log files directory called CALL3.TXT. Its main purpose is for EME operators who will populate the file with known EME operators and their grids so that Doppler corrections can be quickly calculated.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 16/04/2020 18:12, David AD4TJ via groups.io wrote:
No, the Lookup button looks for the callsign in your WSJTX log file; if it finds it there, then it will fill in the DX Grid box. If it is not there, then you can click on the Add button, and it will add it to your WSJTX log file.

David AD4TJ

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 11:25:59 AM EDT, Don Roden <donroden@...> wrote:


Are the LOOKUP and ADD buttons links to JTALERTX ?

Don W4DNR

Quoting "Derek Brown via groups.io" <g8eci=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>:

> Don,
> I use JTalertx and that will highlight which calls have already been
> worked, with a B4 after the callsign as it appears in the JTalert
> window, sure there are other methods but this works for me.
> 73 Derek G8ECI
>
>    On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 06:49:32 BST, Don Roden
> <donroden@...> wrote:
>
>  New to WSJT-X and trying to learn how NOT to click on CQs that I
> may have already worked the day before.
>
> I see  [lookup] and [add] buttons just below the rig frequency
> window, but do they do anything ?
>
> Is there a simple way to review all the worked calls after a session ?
>
> Don W4DNR



locked Re: Lookup and Add buttons

Don Roden
 

So, if I see a grid square that must indicate that the call is
already in the log ?

Don W4DNR


Quoting "David AD4TJ via groups.io" <ad4tj@...>:

No, the Lookup button looks for the callsign in your WSJTX log file;
if it finds it there, then it will fill in the DX Grid box. If it is
not there, then you can click on the Add button, and it will add it
to your WSJTX log file.
David AD4TJ

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 11:25:59 AM EDT, Don Roden
<donroden@...> wrote:

Are the LOOKUP and ADD buttons links to JTALERTX ?

Don W4DNR

Quoting "Derek Brown via groups.io" <g8eci@...>:

Don,
I use JTalertx and that will highlight which calls have already been
worked, with a B4 after the callsign as it appears in the JTalert
window, sure there are other methods but this works for me.
73 Derek G8ECI

    On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 06:49:32 BST, Don Roden
<donroden@...> wrote:

  New to WSJT-X and trying to learn how NOT to click on CQs that I
may have already worked the day before.

I see  [lookup] and [add] buttons just below the rig frequency
window, but do they do anything ?

Is there a simple way to review all the worked calls after a session ?

Don W4DNR


locked Re: Lookup and Add buttons

David AD4TJ
 

No, the Lookup button looks for the callsign in your WSJTX log file; if it finds it there, then it will fill in the DX Grid box. If it is not there, then you can click on the Add button, and it will add it to your WSJTX log file.

David AD4TJ

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 11:25:59 AM EDT, Don Roden <donroden@...> wrote:


Are the LOOKUP and ADD buttons links to JTALERTX ?

Don W4DNR

Quoting "Derek Brown via groups.io" <g8eci=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>:

> Don,
> I use JTalertx and that will highlight which calls have already been
> worked, with a B4 after the callsign as it appears in the JTalert
> window, sure there are other methods but this works for me.
> 73 Derek G8ECI
>
>    On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 06:49:32 BST, Don Roden
> <donroden@...> wrote:
>
>  New to WSJT-X and trying to learn how NOT to click on CQs that I
> may have already worked the day before.
>
> I see  [lookup] and [add] buttons just below the rig frequency
> window, but do they do anything ?
>
> Is there a simple way to review all the worked calls after a session ?
>
> Don W4DNR