Date   

locked Re: Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

Bill Somerville
 

On 25/07/2019 16:53, Ham Radio wrote:
Had the same issue.  The 32 bit version works fine on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.
OM,

more details please?

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>
 

Had the same issue.  The 32 bit version works fine on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS.


locked Tentative FT4 operating frequencies?

Ham Radio <bernard.murphy@...>
 

Lots of action on 7.045 last evening July 24.  Made about 25 contacts including some nice DX.

Any tentative list of FT4 frequencies to use?

73, Bernie, VE3FWF


locked Re: need help

Bill Somerville
 

On 25/07/2019 16:51, jim crisco via Groups.Io wrote:
hi all...need help with entering a call sign...
vx2a11...
i think it is a non-standard call...
when i enter it in gen standard msg's tab 1 for sending cq....
will not send the grid square when calling cq...
on a mini-dxpedition...a island..iles la grosse ..grid FN97fo
i must be missing something....
thanks
jim
wa4yiz

Hi Jim,

you have not missed anything. The details are in the WSJT-X User Guide here: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.1.0.html#COMP-CALL

You can send a message including your grid but not as part of the standard exchange supported by WSJT-X when auto-sequencing in the FT8, MSK144 and FT4 modes. You could send a message like this after a QSO:

G4WJS <VX2A11> FN97

Note your call is sent as a hash code, therefore this message cannot be used as the first message in a QSO.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked need help

jim crisco WA4YIZ
 

hi all...need help with entering a call sign...
vx2a11...
i think it is a non-standard call...
when i enter it in gen standard msg's tab 1 for sending cq....
will not send the grid square when calling cq...
on a mini-dxpedition...a island..iles la grosse ..grid FN97fo
i must be missing something....
thanks
jim
wa4yiz


locked Re: FT4 Output Audio

Bill Somerville
 

On 25/07/2019 16:34, kk5aa_fred via Groups.Io wrote:
Is there a particular reason that the output audio of FT4 has been suppressed?

My output on FT8 can go as high as 80 watts, if I crank it up. Same on JT65 or JT9. If I switch to JTDX, I get the same output capabilities. But, on FT4, the maximum I can generate is 40 watts unless I change the output on the interface. This tells me that the audio output from the software has been decreased for some reason and I would like to know why.

Fred - KK5AA
Fred,

like all the other modes in WSJT-X FT4 generates full scale audio output. I will guess that you have installed the 64-bit Windows build of WSJT-X and have not bothered checking the output in modes other than FT4, you will find that they are all the same. What you are probably seeing is a difference between how the 64-bit Windows version interacts with the Windows audio mixer control. Once you understand this and adjust accordingly there will be no difference. See this message for details:

https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3721

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: FT4 Output Audio

Michael Black
 

Are you perhaps transmitting at the edges of your bandpass in FT4?

Do you have Fake It or Rig Split turned on in the WSJT-X radio settings?  That solves that problem and allows you to actually transmit outside your bandpass by shifting the base frequency.

de Mike W9MDB




On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 10:34:43 AM CDT, kk5aa_fred via Groups.Io <poppafred@...> wrote:


Is there a particular reason that the output audio of FT4 has been suppressed?

My output on FT8 can go as high as 80 watts, if I crank it up. Same on JT65 or JT9. If I switch to JTDX, I get the same output capabilities. But, on FT4, the maximum I can generate is 40 watts unless I change the output on the interface. This tells me that the audio output from the software has been decreased for some reason and I would like to know why.

Fred - KK5AA
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3747): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3747
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32599248/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4121090/1473993136/xyzzy [mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


locked FT4 Output Audio

kk5aa_fred
 

Is there a particular reason that the output audio of FT4 has been suppressed?

My output on FT8 can go as high as 80 watts, if I crank it up. Same on JT65 or JT9. If I switch to JTDX, I get the same output capabilities. But, on FT4, the maximum I can generate is 40 watts unless I change the output on the interface. This tells me that the audio output from the software has been decreased for some reason and I would like to know why.

Fred - KK5AA


locked Re: Another case of decoding stopping...

Joe
 

Latest update: As of this morning, business as usual.  I get a hung decode about once every 15 minutes if I am active, often less than that.  If I am just decoding and not transmitting, then it often, but not always, runs much longer, maybe even hours.  When it hangs, restarting DAX always restarts it.  When I run LatencyMon, it seems to happen more frequently, but LM almost always shows an excursion of the "Highest Measured Interrupt to DPC Latency", often in the 20,000 microsecond range.  Flex says DAX is sensitive to this problem if there is a latency over 1000 microseconds.  (But Flex also seems to think that DAX not being able to recover from this is ok with them, since it is MY computer that is the problem!  How late '70s's, from a computer science perspective.)  Keep in mind that this is mostly theory.  While Flex is "aware" they are not saying this is what is happening with WSJT-X.

Specifically: audiodax.sys, txdax.sys, and iqdax.sys all average around .125 microsec until the hangup, whereupon they are usually around 2000-4000 microsecs, respectively.  I just had one hangup a minute ago that showed no anomalies at all on LM.  Go figure.

Here is a typical LM listing before the DAX hang (only a 10 minute run):



And here it is after:



I have backed SSDR down to 2.4.9. No change.  I have backed Windows back down to release 1803. No change.  I have not backed out my driver upgrades for Nvidia, network driver, Intel chipset, and I still have Intel's Speed Shift turned off.  Not much effect.  I am in the process of bringing everything back up to the latest revs.  While this problem has existed for a long time (maybe ever since I fired up SSDR and WSJT-X) it certainly did not happen nearly as frequently.  What used to happen once every day or two now happens within 15-20 minutes, if I am transmitting.  At least my logging software and other apps will have the latest and greatest underneath it all.  Tim at Flex seems to think it is a problem with the Nvidia driver but that didn't change over this whole episode until I upgraded it.  It does show long latencies, but so does NDIS.  I am not sure NVidia is the cause. 

I am ready to reverse roles with my backup ICOM rig, but I hate to admit defeat!


locked Re: No Transmitting

Jim W
 

Hi Dave,

 

You are right, I have 2 Audio Codec, what I did was re-named my Audio Codec for my Signalink, to "Signalink", so when I chose it, it is very Simple, and not confusing.

 

 

73s

Jim

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Garber
Sent: July-23-19 4:02 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] No Transmitting

 

you are not using the internal audio codec, within the 590??

 

if the driver is installed, even if you are not using it, make sure you selected the correct audio codec input.

 

 

 

Dave Garber

VE3WEJ / VE3IE

 

 

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 7:37 PM Harry Gilling <w9ib73@...> wrote:

i have the same equipment.  Is the Signalink power on?  I have to manually power Signalink off and on.    It used to be done by the software

 

Harry W9IB

 

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM Jim W <jamesw.va3xov@...> wrote:

I upgraded to v2.1.0 and everything went smoothly. I checked my settings and it seems everything was saved. I went to work a station now and my radio will not transmit. It seems the answer is staring at me, but for the like of me, I can't figure out why it will not transmit. Before upgrading it worked. I did a restart but it did not help.

 

v2.1.0

Kenwood TS-590

Signalink USB

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

Jim

VA3XOV

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3675): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3675
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32541624/211682
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/829711/2127764825/xyzzy  [w9ib73@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3681): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3681
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32541624/362798
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/711219/1022016165/xyzzy  [ve3wej@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

 


locked Re: Windows 10 -WSJT-X power slider help...

Dave_G0WBX
 

If you have no choice but to hook a "Speaker" output to a "Mic" input,
you NEED to build a simple resistive attenuator, say 10k in series with
the speaker output*, and 100r across the mic input.  (Just ballpark
values based on what I've done in the past.

(* Some, speaker outputs, need a low resistance to bias correctly, so
put some 47 ohms across the speaker output too.)

If you can't get enough level, lower the value of the 10k, if it's still
too hot, increase the value.

With care, such things can be built into the interconnecting lead, but
label it so you know what it is for in the future.  (Don't ask!)

73.

Dave G0WBX.


--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:


locked Re: Wide Window Graph

Roger N1RJ <n1rj@...>
 

Thanks, guys. I see now that it's a combination of window width
and the Bins/pixel setting. It's a bit confusing at first!

73, Roger

On 7/24/2019 1:28 PM, groups@... wrote:
On 24/07/2019 17:54, Gary - AC6EG via Groups.Io wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 06:53 AM, Michael Black wrote:


Bins/Pixel.

You need to use your mouse to put a checkmark in the box next to "Controls" in the upper left corner of the wide graph display, then you will be able to see the adjustments you can make to the graph.   I have Bins/Pixel set at 4 and have Start set at 200, so my graph runs from 200 Hz to 3500 Hz.

73 de Gary - AC6EG


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3741): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3741
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32584244/288299
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/569899/1743132165/xyzzy [groups@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I sometimes see people just below 200 Hz.
73, Roger, G4HZA
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#3742): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3742
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32584244/821611
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4115761/591962280/xyzzy [n1rj@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


locked Re: Wide Window Graph

Roger
 

On 24/07/2019 17:54, Gary - AC6EG via Groups.Io wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 06:53 AM, Michael Black wrote:


Bins/Pixel.

You need to use your mouse to put a checkmark in the box next to "Controls" in the upper left corner of the wide graph display, then you will be able to see the adjustments you can make to the graph.   I have Bins/Pixel set at 4 and have Start set at 200, so my graph runs from 200 Hz to 3500 Hz.
73 de Gary - AC6EG
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#3741): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3741
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32584244/288299
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/569899/1743132165/xyzzy [groups@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I sometimes see people just below 200 Hz.

73, Roger, G4HZA


locked Re: Wide Window Graph

Gary - AC6EG <gdefeyter@...>
 

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 06:53 AM, Michael Black wrote:
Bins/Pixel.
 
You need to use your mouse to put a checkmark in the box next to "Controls" in the upper left corner of the wide graph display, then you will be able to see the adjustments you can make to the graph.   I have Bins/Pixel set at 4 and have Start set at 200, so my graph runs from 200 Hz to 3500 Hz.

73 de Gary - AC6EG


locked Re: Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

Bob Revel
 

I think Mike probably has the correct info.
See the link below for the purchase I made with DX Engineering; the issue I had cleared up right after installing one bead on each digital (USB) cable. Be sure to make several cable loops through the bead.

Bob KD6C

 

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/DXE-CSB-750P

 

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:28 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

 

 

 

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:59:45 PM CDT, Jerome Sodus <jsodus@...> wrote:

 

 

To Bob KD6C,

Might you have the mix# of the toroids used?

73 jerry km3k 

 

 

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

 

-------- Original message --------

From: Bob Revel <KD6C.ham@...>

Date: 7/22/19 14:52 (GMT-05:00)

To: WSJTX@groups.io

Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

 

I had a similar issue, whereby I started losing connection (randomly) between my laptop/radio/SignaLink.
I purchased a kit of ferrite toroids, coiled my USB cables through them, and never had an issue again.

This might be the issue you are having.

Bob, KD6C

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:25 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

 

Sounds like it but its not.  It really is random, no set time.

 

Sometimes it does not do it  for days, I suspect if might be hardware (old computer) and/or me hitting a USB cable accidentally.

 

Bill

K2WH

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Kludt
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:54 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

 

Bill,

 

Sounds like your USB port is going tot sleep.  Make sure you don't have the power saving option on the shuts off the USB port after a given amount of time.

 

John

 

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 8:36 PM Bill <k2wh@...> wrote:

I also have been getting random rig control errors also on my 3000 connection.

 

Very infrequent but touching nothing, rig, computer, etc., it just pops up on the screen that it lost the connection.

 

I found that if I pull the USB plug from the rig to my laptop and plug it back in, that solves the issue, ie. a reconnect.

 

K2WH

 

From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of AA3AE via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 5:36 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Installed 2.1.0 64 bit and now getting "Rig Control Error"

 

Just installed 2.1.0 64 Bit on Win 10 Pro using OmniRig and JTAlertX with Log4OM with Yaesu 3000. All was working prior, now receiving Rig Control Errors every 15-30 minutes. All configurations checked. Any thoughts what's going on and if there is a fix?

Steve, AA3AE

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3702): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3702
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32551707/425138
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/2016401/513575852/xyzzy  [johnnykludt@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3727): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3727
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32551707/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


locked Re: Windows 10 -WSJT-X power slider help...

Jim Dawson
 

Thanks,Bill. I'll give it a try.
73 de Jim - K9dd


locked Re: Wide Window Graph

Michael Black
 

Bins/Pixel.

de Mike W9MDB




On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 08:51:01 AM CDT, Roger N1RJ <n1rj@...> wrote:


Is it possible to adjust the frequency span independently
of the window width? I can't seem to do it.

73, Roger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3737): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3737
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32584244/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4118746/1473993136/xyzzy [mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


locked Wide Window Graph

Roger N1RJ <n1rj@...>
 

Is it possible to adjust the frequency span independently
of the window width? I can't seem to do it.

73, Roger


locked Re: Windows 10 -WSJT-X power slider help...

Herb Blue - WB8ASI
 

No, never saw that in any U-tube instructions or anywhere mentioned on Yaesu group.  But thanks, and I'll give it a try.  You have been most helpful in steering me in the right directions.  Thanks again, Herb

On July 24, 2019 at 12:28 AM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

For the USB audio did you set menu 103 to DATA?

Mike


On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 11:23:30 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


set menu 079 to zero, and still blasting ALC with PWR slider at bottom.  You got me on the right track tho.  I can crank down on the sound card, but the instructions said 0db which is the max.  I would use USB if you have any ideas on how to make it work.  Got the CP210x Windows Driver installed, and CAT works just fine.   Instructions said that WIndows generic USB audio CODEC would install automagically, but a no go.  I'm OK with my audio cable work- around, but always wondered why my USB connection never activated.  Have had instant success with USB connection with Kenwood 590SG.   Just want to confirm that the goal is to have no ALC????   I can make it right with various adjustments, but instructions seem so easy, and it's not that clean.  Again, thanks for your help. 73, Herb

On July 23, 2019 at 11:55 PM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

In which case you probably want the MIC level adjustment  menu 079

I figure you were using the USB.

de Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 10:51:01 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


Thanks Detective Mike........I didn't mention I'm running a FTdx5000, but menu 070 doesn't help even set to zero.  I have audio running from computer via cable into rig via rear MIC jack, and from rig rear AV out jack to computer mic jack.  (never figured out how to make USB audio CODEC to work on this rig).  Has worked good for me a long time.  Now difficult figuring out how to use PWR slider with 64-bit install.  Seems way off normal, but I'm making QSO's.  Any suggestions are most welcome, and others reading this will also benefit.  That's how I've learned how to even get started with this computer stuff.  I'll look at my menu choices if there is another setting that needs changing.  73 and thanks again, Herb WB8ASI

On July 23, 2019 at 11:34 PM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Go to menu 070 and turn it down.  You can likely crank the Pwr slider all the way up with menu 070 being the adjustment you need to make.

de Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:20:42 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


Thanks Bill,  I've just spent the last few days changing from a Windows 7 32-bit PC to one that's WIndows 10 64-bit including upgrading to WSJT-X v2.1.0 and JTAlert 2.13.10, while bringing along my LOG4OM.  Whew, couldn't have made it without all I've learned here on-line from everyone's experiences.  Now ;you're procedure on volume control is the finishing touch.  I've got the device and WSJT-X set at 0db (didn't even know about volume mixer, but I found it).  Now I can hardly keep the level down to keep from seeing ALC on the meter even with the PWR slider at the bottom.   I liked it better with 32-bit where I could tweak the PWR slider mid-range to just see the meter movement on ALC.  Am I understanding your procedure correctly???   Thanks and 73, Herb. WB8ASI
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3726): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3726

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3729): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3729
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879

-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3730): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3730

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3731): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3731

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3732): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3732

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3733): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3733
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 


locked Re: Windows 10 -WSJT-X power slider help...

Herb Blue - WB8ASI
 

Thanks Mike.......will adjust.   Knew it was way off, but was trying to follow the instructions advice, and wondered what I was missing.  

On July 24, 2019 at 12:33 AM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Also...if you're hooking up a speaker output to a MIC input that's a speaker level signal into a mic level input.  You're over driving the heck out of it and that's a very common source of harmonics and why your ALC is going nuts.

You can turn down the playback level in Windows a LOT.

Mike






On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 11:23:30 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


set menu 079 to zero, and still blasting ALC with PWR slider at bottom.  You got me on the right track tho.  I can crank down on the sound card, but the instructions said 0db which is the max.  I would use USB if you have any ideas on how to make it work.  Got the CP210x Windows Driver installed, and CAT works just fine.   Instructions said that WIndows generic USB audio CODEC would install automagically, but a no go.  I'm OK with my audio cable work- around, but always wondered why my USB connection never activated.  Have had instant success with USB connection with Kenwood 590SG.   Just want to confirm that the goal is to have no ALC????   I can make it right with various adjustments, but instructions seem so easy, and it's not that clean.  Again, thanks for your help. 73, Herb

On July 23, 2019 at 11:55 PM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

In which case you probably want the MIC level adjustment  menu 079

I figure you were using the USB.

de Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 10:51:01 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


Thanks Detective Mike........I didn't mention I'm running a FTdx5000, but menu 070 doesn't help even set to zero.  I have audio running from computer via cable into rig via rear MIC jack, and from rig rear AV out jack to computer mic jack.  (never figured out how to make USB audio CODEC to work on this rig).  Has worked good for me a long time.  Now difficult figuring out how to use PWR slider with 64-bit install.  Seems way off normal, but I'm making QSO's.  Any suggestions are most welcome, and others reading this will also benefit.  That's how I've learned how to even get started with this computer stuff.  I'll look at my menu choices if there is another setting that needs changing.  73 and thanks again, Herb WB8ASI

On July 23, 2019 at 11:34 PM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Go to menu 070 and turn it down.  You can likely crank the Pwr slider all the way up with menu 070 being the adjustment you need to make.

de Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:20:42 PM CDT, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:


Thanks Bill,  I've just spent the last few days changing from a Windows 7 32-bit PC to one that's WIndows 10 64-bit including upgrading to WSJT-X v2.1.0 and JTAlert 2.13.10, while bringing along my LOG4OM.  Whew, couldn't have made it without all I've learned here on-line from everyone's experiences.  Now ;you're procedure on volume control is the finishing touch.  I've got the device and WSJT-X set at 0db (didn't even know about volume mixer, but I found it).  Now I can hardly keep the level down to keep from seeing ALC on the meter even with the PWR slider at the bottom.   I liked it better with 32-bit where I could tweak the PWR slider mid-range to just see the meter movement on ALC.  Am I understanding your procedure correctly???   Thanks and 73, Herb. WB8ASI
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3726): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3726

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3729): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3729
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879

-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io

Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3730): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3730

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3731): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3731

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3732): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3732

Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/212453
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+ owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/4084689/1473993136/xyzzy [ mdblack98@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3734): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3734
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32576482/1261879
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/leave/3948057/204906178/xyzzy [WB8ASI@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-