Date   

locked Re: #EnhancementReqest - several contest related wants #EnhancementReqest

Dennis W1UE
 

Ty

1. You don’t have to wait for the transmission to end to click on that Tx
Enable button. Once it goes out just click on it again.
2. There is a key combination (Alt+N?) that does that. Check the Programs
Hot Key list. A Hot Key (not multiple key press) would be even better.
3. Since they haven’t programmed it yet, we don’t know how a contest mode
button would work. I would like it to be a toggle, click and you’re in
normal mode, next click it’s in contest mode, etc

Dennis W1UE

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 13:32 Tyler Stewart via groups.io <k3mm=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

1) When in Contest mode calling CQ especially in FT4/SO2R, there is not
enough time to reset the TX Enable button. Is there a way this could be
changed to allow a "pending enable TX" so you could reset for the next
cycle before the previous QSO is finished?
2) Related to #1, would like an optional hot key to reset TX Enable.
3) I havent tried 2.6 yet, but would like to be able to switch in and
out of Contest mode with a button. Does this work the same as the Hound
on/off?

Ty K3MM






locked Re: WSJT does not transmit through the full cycle #FT8

Michael Black
 

Please place this file as described below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0


    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
    The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location
    
For Linux put it in  
    ~/.config
    The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here:
    ~/.local/share/WSJT-X
    
Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.
Shut down WSJT-X


Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log file
Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 04:59:07 PM CDT, Black Michael <mdblack98@...> wrote:





Please place this file as described below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location

For Linux put it in  
~/.config
The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here:
~/.local/share/WSJT-X

Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.
Shut down WSJT-X

Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log file
Mike W9MDB









On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 01:29:30 PM CDT, Jim Patch <jimpatch@...> wrote:





I Hope someone can help.  When I am in a QSO on fT8 everything works fine until the last transmission from me.  It does not transmit through the full transmission cycle. The transmission goes on and then immediately off.  Sometimes, I get through to the other person and many times I don't.  So, if I transmit my 73, there is a quick on transmit and then off---less than a second.  The same happens if my last transmission is the RR.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jim
WA9LJK


locked Re: WSJT does not transmit through the full cycle #FT8

Michael Black
 

Please place this file as described belowhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location For Linux put it in   ~/.config The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here: ~/.local/share/WSJT-X Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.Shut down WSJT-X
Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log fileMike W9MDB

On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 01:29:30 PM CDT, Jim Patch <jimpatch@...> wrote:

I Hope someone can help.  When I am in a QSO on fT8 everything works fine until the last transmission from me.  It does not transmit through the full transmission cycle. The transmission goes on and then immediately off.  Sometimes, I get through to the other person and many times I don't.  So, if I transmit my 73, there is a quick on transmit and then off---less than a second.  The same happens if my last transmission is the RR.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jim
WA9LJK


locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

Dave Garber
 

listen on the air and monitor the cq fd . the only way i know

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:59 PM K4NDN <e.evans1369@...> wrote:

Good information. Is there a way to verify this?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:


ARRL have recommended the same "contest" sub-bands for all digital
contests. That they haven't specified them for Field Day looks like
an oversight since FD is run by the Communications Department rather
than Member Services (Contest and Awards Desks) who normally handle
contests.

Here are the subands from the ARRL International Digital Contest:



FT4 and FT8 recommended subbands (as of June 2022)-



FT-4 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.836-1.840 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.580-3.590
7.080-7.090
14.080-14.090
21.080-21.090
28.080-28.090
50.330 to 50.340

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband, typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7.080, 7.082, 7.084, 7.086 and
7.088) >


FT-8 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.840-1.844 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.590-3.600 (No Digital above 3600)
7.090-7.100
14.090-14.100
21.090-21.100
28.090-28.100
50.340 to 50.350

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7,090, 7.092, 7.094, 7.096 and
7.098)
Note: These "recommended frequencies" will conflict with any traditional
RTTY Field Day activity

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-06-23 4:27 PM, K4NDN wrote:
The ARRL has not released any information on a frequency change for
field
day. One would think that since we begin setup in about 14 hours that
no
frequency change will be recommended.
But who knows?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the
terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so
contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non
contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a
F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots
during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM






--
Eric J Evans
Amateur Radio Operator: K4NDN
Elkton, VA. USA, 22827
Grid: FM08qj
540.335.6178
e.evans1369@...


--
K4NDN






locked Re: colors #WSJTX_config

Dave Garber
 

why dragging??

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 1:29 PM Alan, W5CIB <theoldxmusicman@...>
wrote:

In the 'Colors' page in 'Settings' it won't let me rearrange the lines.
I can click and hold on a line and drag it to another position but when I
release the mouse button the line I moved disappears. I have to Cancel
the settings page, or Reset the page to get the line back. ???






locked Re: WSJT does not transmit through the full cycle #FT8

Dave Garber
 

how are you sending audio to the radio, interfacing through a Signalink, or
internal to radio sound

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 2:28 PM Jim Patch <jimpatch@...> wrote:

I Hope someone can help. When I am in a QSO on fT8 everything works fine
until the last transmission from me. It does not transmit through the full
transmission cycle. The transmission goes on and then immediately off.
Sometimes, I get through to the other person and many times I don't. So,
if I transmit my 73, there is a quick on transmit and then off---less than
a second. The same happens if my last transmission is the RR.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jim
WA9LJK






locked Re: Windows 11 WSJT-X Installation #windows11

Dave Garber
 

audio codec drivers would be downloaded from the manufacturer of the radio,
not wsjt. so i would go to yaesu and download it, install it, restart the
computer, then select the audio codec ( which should now show)


Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:14 PM Michael Salmi via groups.io <mikesalmi=
icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone have the steps for installing WSJT-X 2.5.0 on Windows 11? My
rig is an FTDX10. What additional drivers do I need since I can't find USB
AUDIO CODEC? Also, how do I select a virtual COM port in WSJT-X > Settings
Audio?
Thanks. I am a long time WSJT-X user on a Mac M1 and Windows 10. Windows
11 is a whole different beast.
--
Mike Salmi, AE4IM






locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

K4NDN
 

Good information. Is there a way to verify this?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:


ARRL have recommended the same "contest" sub-bands for all digital
contests. That they haven't specified them for Field Day looks like
an oversight since FD is run by the Communications Department rather
than Member Services (Contest and Awards Desks) who normally handle
contests.

Here are the subands from the ARRL International Digital Contest:



FT4 and FT8 recommended subbands (as of June 2022)-



FT-4 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.836-1.840 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.580-3.590
7.080-7.090
14.080-14.090
21.080-21.090
28.080-28.090
50.330 to 50.340

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband, typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7.080, 7.082, 7.084, 7.086 and
7.088) >


FT-8 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.840-1.844 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.590-3.600 (No Digital above 3600)
7.090-7.100
14.090-14.100
21.090-21.100
28.090-28.100
50.340 to 50.350

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7,090, 7.092, 7.094, 7.096 and
7.098)
Note: These "recommended frequencies" will conflict with any traditional
RTTY Field Day activity

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-06-23 4:27 PM, K4NDN wrote:
The ARRL has not released any information on a frequency change for field
day. One would think that since we begin setup in about 14 hours that no
frequency change will be recommended.
But who knows?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the
terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so
contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non
contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots
during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM






--
Eric J Evans
Amateur Radio Operator: K4NDN
Elkton, VA. USA, 22827
Grid: FM08qj
540.335.6178
e.evans1369@...


--
K4NDN


locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

Joe Subich, W4TV
 

ARRL have recommended the same "contest" sub-bands for all digital
contests. That they haven't specified them for Field Day looks like
an oversight since FD is run by the Communications Department rather
than Member Services (Contest and Awards Desks) who normally handle
contests.

Here are the subands from the ARRL International Digital Contest:

FT4 and FT8 recommended subbands (as of June 2022)-
FT-4 Recommended Sub-bands
(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):
1.836-1.840 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.580-3.590
7.080-7.090
14.080-14.090
21.080-21.090
28.080-28.090
50.330 to 50.340
When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband, typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7.080, 7.082, 7.084, 7.086 and
7.088) >
FT-8 Recommended Sub-bands
(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):
1.840-1.844 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.590-3.600 (No Digital above 3600)
7.090-7.100
14.090-14.100
21.090-21.100
28.090-28.100
50.340 to 50.350
When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7,090, 7.092, 7.094, 7.096 and
7.098)
Note: These "recommended frequencies" will conflict with any traditional
RTTY Field Day activity

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-06-23 4:27 PM, K4NDN wrote:
The ARRL has not released any information on a frequency change for field
day. One would think that since we begin setup in about 14 hours that no
frequency change will be recommended.
But who knows?
On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the
terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so
contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non
contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots
during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM


locked #EnhancementReqest - several contest related wants #EnhancementReqest

Tyler Stewart
 

1) When in Contest mode calling CQ especially in FT4/SO2R, there is not enough time to reset the TX Enable button. Is there a way this could be changed to allow a "pending enable TX" so you could reset for the next cycle before the previous QSO is finished?
2) Related to #1, would like an optional hot key to reset TX Enable.
3) I havent tried 2.6 yet, but would like to be able to switch in and out of Contest mode with a button. Does this work the same as the Hound on/off?

Ty K3MM


locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

K4NDN
 

The ARRL has not released any information on a frequency change for field
day. One would think that since we begin setup in about 14 hours that no
frequency change will be recommended.
But who knows?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the
terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so
contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non
contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots
during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM





--
Eric J Evans
Amateur Radio Operator: K4NDN
Elkton, VA. USA, 22827
Grid: FM08qj
540.335.6178
e.evans1369@...





--
K4NDN


locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

Joe WB9SBD
 

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM





--
Eric J Evans
Amateur Radio Operator: K4NDN
Elkton, VA. USA, 22827
Grid: FM08qj
540.335.6178
e.evans1369@...


locked Re: FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

K4NDN
 

Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM





--
Eric J Evans
Amateur Radio Operator: K4NDN
Elkton, VA. USA, 22827
Grid: FM08qj
540.335.6178
e.evans1369@...


--
K4NDN


locked FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

Dick- K9OM
 

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots during this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM


locked Windows 11 WSJT-X Installation #windows11

Michael Salmi
 

Does anyone have the steps for installing WSJT-X 2.5.0 on Windows 11? My rig is an FTDX10. What additional drivers do I need since I can't find USB AUDIO CODEC? Also, how do I select a virtual COM port in WSJT-X > Settings > Audio?

Thanks. I am a long time WSJT-X user on a Mac M1 and Windows 10. Windows 11 is a whole different beast.
--
Mike Salmi, AE4IM


Reino Talarmo
 

I wonder whether it would be helpful if instead of remaining on the normal FT8 frequency for the band currently in use, selecting 'Hound' mode changed the Hound frequency to whatever seems to be most commonly used on that band for F/H operations.
It really Fox that defines the frequency and wsjt-x informs Fox operator:
---------------------------
Please choose another dial frequency. WSJT-X will not operate in Fox mode in the standard FT8 sub-bands.
---------------------------
So using WSJT-X there is no Fox using standard frequencies. A Hound transmission as such on any frequency is just waste of resources as no Fox will answer. There is no "standard" DXpedition frequencies, so Hound operator needs to set the proper frequency in any case.

Those transmission using Fox kind multifrequency transmissions are using a derivate program. If I have informed correctly even that program recommends other than standard sub-bands. So it is a failure of the operator, isn't it.

73, Reino OH3mA


locked WSJT does not transmit through the full cycle #FT8

Jim Patch
 

I Hope someone can help. When I am in a QSO on fT8 everything works fine until the last transmission from me. It does not transmit through the full transmission cycle. The transmission goes on and then immediately off. Sometimes, I get through to the other person and many times I don't. So, if I transmit my 73, there is a quick on transmit and then off---less than a second. The same happens if my last transmission is the RR.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jim
WA9LJK


John Nelson
 

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 05:13 PM, Reino Talarmo wrote:

Even that protocol should not be used on standard frequencies.<
I wonder whether it would be helpful if instead of remaining on the normal FT8 frequency for the band currently in use, selecting 'Hound' mode changed the Hound frequency to whatever seems to be most commonly used on that band for F/H operations. For example, pressing 'H' always changed from 14074 to 14090, or 21074 to 21091. It might also reset the cursor to a default frequency somewhere above 1000Hz.

Of course these F/H frequencies aren't set in stone but causing the software to change them might help remind the user to change mental mode to Hound operation.


locked Re: #logging #ContestMode #WSJTX_config #logging #ContestMode #WSJTX_config

Robert T
 

Dennis,
You can set up WSJT-X for field day operation.

On the WSJT-X main window...
Select FILE, then SETTINGS
Go to the "Advanced tab"...
Select the check box for "Special Operating Activity"
Select "ARRL Field Day"
In the "FD Exch: box enter your exchange: ie 1D SNJ (station class and ARRL section)

You're all set.

Bob, K2RET

<pre>1</pre>

On 06/23/2022 7:24 AM Wb5kca <wb5kca@...> wrote:


Guys forgive me if my question is a combination of programs ! I use wsjtx with JT Alert and N3FJP for logging and everything is automated. I make the contact and it logs !!! I am going to operate my (first) Field Day on WSJTX, using our club call sign and have no clue on how to do a proper operation. It is my understanding I have to manually log every contact and the automated process will not work. I would just like to ask if someone has operated FD and give me your suggestion using WSJTX.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dennis. WR5DC



locked Re: #logging #ContestMode #WSJTX_config #logging #ContestMode #WSJTX_config

Dennis W1UE
 

GM Dennis

My recommendations are as follows:
1. I don’t use automatic logging. I found it missed some QSOs, and didn’t
provide enough operator feedback to ensure all the QSOs were logged.
2. That means the Log Prompt Window will pop up for every QSO, which is
fine. When it pops up, always click on “OK” if you want to log the QSO.
Don’t use the ENTER key.
3. There is an option on one of the setup screens to clear the DXCall and
grid box when you log the QSO. I would check that box.

Sequence would then be:
Rx an RR73
Log Prompt Window opens
Click on OK if you want to log QSO
DXCall box should be empty when Q is logged

Have fun at FD! I’m traveling, so this will be the first FD I’ve missed in
many a year.

Dennis W1UE

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 07:27 Wb5kca <Wb5kca@...> wrote:

Guys forgive me if my question is a combination of programs ! I use
wsjtx with JT Alert and N3FJP for logging and everything is automated. I
make the contact and it logs !!! I am going to operate my (first) Field
Day on WSJTX, using our club call sign and have no clue on how to do a
proper operation. It is my understanding I have to manually log every
contact and the automated process will not work. I would just like to ask
if someone has operated FD and give me your suggestion using WSJTX..
Thanks in advance for your help.

Dennis. WR5DC





4661 - 4680 of 39971