Date   

locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Joe Dz
 

OK Bill.  Thanks.  Interesting.  Thank you for the reply.

 

Joe, K1YOW

 

 


From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Somerville
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 3:53 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

 

Hi Joe,

 

that is expected behaviour. The short code messages in Q65 mode *are* single tones. Single tones are used by some EME operators to complete QSOs with maximum sensitivity.

 

73
Bill
G4WJS.

 

On 12/02/2021 20:48, Joe Dz wrote:

I found out what the issue was, and it is not configuration change related but it only happens when in Q65.

 

On the IC-9700, I had Sh checked from the last time I ran MSK144 on 2 meters.  So, no matter which rig or configuration, clicking on Sh changes the Tx6 box from CQ K1YOW FN42 to @1000 (TUNE).  If I uncheck Sh, the CQ K1YOW FN42 comes back.  Likewise checking and un-checking Sh also toggles the Tx6 check box from grayed-out to not.

 

So....I accidently had Sh checked in Q65 mode, but it may still be unwanted behavior replacing CQ K1YOW FN42 with @1000 (TUNE) when Sh is checked.

 

Joe, K1YOW

 

 


From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Dz
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 2:28 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

 

All seems to work well.  Just a couple of small things to report so far.  I run a TR590SG in one configuration and an IC-9700 in a second configuration.  Running V2.4.0-rc1, Windows 10, 64 bit.

1. In the TS590SG configuration on 50.275, Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box next to the Call 1st is gray and can not be checked.  All else seems to work just fine.

2. When I change configurations to the IC-9700 and go to 144.170 Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box is no longer gray.  However, my CQ K1YOW FN42 inside of Tx6 now reads: @1000 (TUNE).  If I put in CQ K1YOW FN42, all is OK for the CQ.  I then switched back to the TS590SG and Tx6 still has my call.  So just to see, I switched again to the IC-9700 configuration, and Tx6 again showed @1000 (TUNE) instead of CQ K1YOW FN42.

All in all, I have V2.4.0-rc1 working fine so far and it coexists just fine with fldigi as well using W10 64 bits.

73, Joe, K1YOW

 


locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Rex Moncur
 

Hi Dave

 

The spectrum below the waterfall has indicator letters T, M, R and 73 which correspond to the single tones and they move with reference to the frequency you are working such as 600 Hz to they still read correctly.

 

73 Rex VK7MO

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ackrill
Sent: Saturday, 13 February 2021 8:29 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

 

I did a quick test toggling the "Sh" box and the "Tx6" box.

I guess that "Sh" stands for 'Shorthand', as in the Shorthand messaging used in other modes?

So, clicking on "Sh" changes Tx4 to "@1500(RRRR) which I guess means it's going to transmit the shorthand message "RRR" at 1500Hz audio offset? It also sets Tx5 to @1750 (73) and Tx6 to @1000 (Tune).

Clicking on the Tx6 box changed the Tx6 option to @1250 (SEND MSGS), I'm not sure what will do?  Will it just send "SEND MSGS" on 1250Hz audio offset?  What will that mean or do?  I guess we will have to wait for the full explanation in the updated manual.

If I am correct about the @X frequencies being the audio frequency used to send the various texts in the brackets, then people are going to need to know because, at present, the testing I've seen going on has been audio frequency specific.  So, someone is, say, using 600Hz, someone else, say, 1000Hz, another on 1500Hz and so on up the audio bandwidth. If stations suddenly start using these Sh options, and if I'm right about what the @X means, then it is going to start causing a bit of confusion, I think...

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)


locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Rex Moncur
 

Hi Joe

 

Checking Sh to send single tones such as @1000 Hz = tune,  @1250 Hz=Send Messages, @1500 Hz=RRR and @1750 Hz=73 is the expected behaviour.  It is used to complete very weak or marginal QSOs on microwaves as has been implemented on QRA64  for the last few years and now on Q65.  See below.  If the pictures don't get through this reflector send me and email to rmoncur  AT bigpond.net.au and I will send your this email direct.

 

 

 

 

While Single tones  can also be used at VHF one needs to take more care to make sure they derive from the station you are working so they probably won't generally be used at VHF where there are many more stations operating.  The SH double tones as used on JT65 are no longer available  as these are 3 dB weaker than single tones and have little advantage with the more sensitive Q65.  But their use is still subject to review by the Development Team.

 

On receive you read the Single tones directly from the waterfall or if signals are very weak you read them from the Linear Average Spectrum Graph which integrates them over the full TX period.  On QRA64 the use of these tones  gives 4 to 5 dB advantage in completing a QSO after callsigns and full numerical reports are exchanged in the normal way.  As Q65 is more sensitive you won't get quite this much benefit.    To get the 1250 Hz tone you need to tick the TX6 box next to Call 1st which changes the message in TX6 box from 1000 Hz to 1250 Hz as below:

 

 

 

 

 

73 Rex VK7MO


locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #mac #Cat_RigControl #macOS

smith.rip@...
 

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I tried all of them but no luck. The frustrating part is that this combination of hardware was working great not that long ago. In between I was using and Icom 7300 that was also working very nicely. But a couple of days ago it suddenly wasn't connecting. I had moved a couple of things around in the shack and I was not sure what was going on so I moved the Kenwood in. At first the Kenwood would not connect either. Then earlier today it connected and I am still not sure what I did to solve that. But WSJTX still wont connect with the radio.

So I am stumped.

--
73, Rip K3XO


locked Re: Lost audio #AudioIssues

Dennis Jacobson
 

I looked and looked but I can't seem to find a RigBlaster forum.. Does anyone know where that one is?
Thanks all Dennis N6NG


locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #mac #Cat_RigControl #macOS

Kenneth Williams
 

I have a TS-570S but I am going to guess that a few things are similar so let me throw out an idea.

Change the handshake to hardware.  My TS-570S uses a hardware handshake and I don't know if this is changable in the menu so that would be my first guess.


Ken
KC6PUQ


locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Bill Somerville
 

Hi Joe,

that is expected behaviour. The short code messages in Q65 mode *are* single tones. Single tones are used by some EME operators to complete QSOs with maximum sensitivity.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 12/02/2021 20:48, Joe Dz wrote:

I found out what the issue was, and it is not configuration change related but it only happens when in Q65.

 

On the IC-9700, I had Sh checked from the last time I ran MSK144 on 2 meters.  So, no matter which rig or configuration, clicking on Sh changes the Tx6 box from CQ K1YOW FN42 to @1000 (TUNE).  If I uncheck Sh, the CQ K1YOW FN42 comes back.  Likewise checking and un-checking Sh also toggles the Tx6 check box from grayed-out to not.

 

So....I accidently had Sh checked in Q65 mode, but it may still be unwanted behavior replacing CQ K1YOW FN42 with @1000 (TUNE) when Sh is checked.

 

Joe, K1YOW

 

 


From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Dz
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 2:28 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

 

All seems to work well.  Just a couple of small things to report so far.  I run a TR590SG in one configuration and an IC-9700 in a second configuration.  Running V2.4.0-rc1, Windows 10, 64 bit.

1. In the TS590SG configuration on 50.275, Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box next to the Call 1st is gray and can not be checked.  All else seems to work just fine.

2. When I change configurations to the IC-9700 and go to 144.170 Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box is no longer gray.  However, my CQ K1YOW FN42 inside of Tx6 now reads: @1000 (TUNE).  If I put in CQ K1YOW FN42, all is OK for the CQ.  I then switched back to the TS590SG and Tx6 still has my call.  So just to see, I switched again to the IC-9700 configuration, and Tx6 again showed @1000 (TUNE) instead of CQ K1YOW FN42.

All in all, I have V2.4.0-rc1 working fine so far and it coexists just fine with fldigi as well using W10 64 bits.

73, Joe, K1YOW



locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #mac #Cat_RigControl #macOS

Dave Garber
 

in windows,   8 , none, 1  and also had to have dtr and rts   high, maybe your should also be that way

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 4:19 PM <smith.rip@...> wrote:
Hello all

I just swapped in my Kenwood TS-590sg and attempted to get it up and running with WSJTX. I had had this setup working nicely a few months ago but I put in a different radio for a while.

When I had difficulties ended up updating my logging program (MacLoggerDX) and JSJTX as well as the Silicon Labs USB drivers that are required for the radio.

What I get is this error:

Hamlib error: Communication timed out

rig.c(972):rig_open return while opening connection to rig

Here is my WJTX Configuration. As far as I can tell it is no different from when it was working OK before



When I have the logging program and WSJTX open I can receive and display the traffic on the air. I just don't seem to be able to connect so I can transmit and make contacts.

I am at this point stumped as to what to do to get it working. Will appreciate some guidance.
--
73, Rip K3XO



locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

Dave Garber
 

it sounds like more than one program trying to access the same port, maybe

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 4:19 PM Lutz-DL9DAN <dl9dan@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am using OMNIRIG 1.19 together with SDR console V3.0.26, FT817 with microham USB III interface and it´s virtual coms.

All settings OK all function OK for the SAT.

 

Now I want to add WSJT-X  V2.3.0 for the digi modes but:
It does not work!

Error message is OMNIROG: Timeout  waiting for update from rig.

 

The rig and the interface communication is OK and the SDR console as well.

Working direct with WSJT-X and FT817 via USB Interface III is no problem.

The funny thing is, by whatever reason sometimes when I start the WSJT-X program it works all of a sudden!
Than I can run the digi modes until I close the program - no chance any more.

 

I have not encountered the principle and reason why it works sporadically.

 

- No program runs in admin mode
- System is WIN10-64, PC Intel i3 NUC with Intel chip set.

I could not test with OMNIRIG V2 as it cannot be selected from WSJT (???)

 

Any hint is really appreciated
Thanks
Lutz, DL9DAN

 





locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

David Ackrill
 

I did a quick test toggling the "Sh" box and the "Tx6" box.

I guess that "Sh" stands for 'Shorthand', as in the Shorthand messaging used in other modes?

So, clicking on "Sh" changes Tx4 to "@1500(RRRR) which I guess means it's going to transmit the shorthand message "RRR" at 1500Hz audio offset? It also sets Tx5 to @1750 (73) and Tx6 to @1000 (Tune).

Clicking on the Tx6 box changed the Tx6 option to @1250 (SEND MSGS), I'm not sure what will do?  Will it just send "SEND MSGS" on 1250Hz audio offset?  What will that mean or do?  I guess we will have to wait for the full explanation in the updated manual.

If I am correct about the @X frequencies being the audio frequency used to send the various texts in the brackets, then people are going to need to know because, at present, the testing I've seen going on has been audio frequency specific.  So, someone is, say, using 600Hz, someone else, say, 1000Hz, another on 1500Hz and so on up the audio bandwidth. If stations suddenly start using these Sh options, and if I'm right about what the @X means, then it is going to start causing a bit of confusion, I think...

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)


locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #mac #Cat_RigControl #macOS

Bill Somerville
 

On 12/02/2021 21:13, smith.rip@... wrote:

I just swapped in my Kenwood TS-590sg and attempted to get it up and running with WSJTX. I had had this setup working nicely a few months ago but I put in a different radio for a while.

When I had difficulties ended up updating my logging program (MacLoggerDX) and JSJTX as well as the Silicon Labs USB drivers that are required for the radio.

What I get is this error:

Hamlib error: Communication timed out

rig.c(972):rig_open return while opening connection to rig

Here is my WJTX Configuration. As far as I can tell it is no different from when it was working OK before

Hi Rip,

the default baud rate for the USB virtual serial port is 115200, you have 9600 in WSJT-X which is probably wrong.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked #Cat_RigControl #mac #Cat_RigControl #macOS

smith.rip@...
 

Hello all

I just swapped in my Kenwood TS-590sg and attempted to get it up and running with WSJTX. I had had this setup working nicely a few months ago but I put in a different radio for a while.

When I had difficulties ended up updating my logging program (MacLoggerDX) and JSJTX as well as the Silicon Labs USB drivers that are required for the radio.

What I get is this error:

Hamlib error: Communication timed out

rig.c(972):rig_open return while opening connection to rig

Here is my WJTX Configuration. As far as I can tell it is no different from when it was working OK before



When I have the logging program and WSJTX open I can receive and display the traffic on the air. I just don't seem to be able to connect so I can transmit and make contacts.

I am at this point stumped as to what to do to get it working. Will appreciate some guidance.
--
73, Rip K3XO


locked #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

Lutz-DL9DAN
 

Hello,

I am using OMNIRIG 1.19 together with SDR console V3.0.26, FT817 with microham USB III interface and it´s virtual coms.

All settings OK all function OK for the SAT.

 

Now I want to add WSJT-X  V2.3.0 for the digi modes but:
It does not work!

Error message is OMNIROG: Timeout  waiting for update from rig.

 

The rig and the interface communication is OK and the SDR console as well.

Working direct with WSJT-X and FT817 via USB Interface III is no problem.

The funny thing is, by whatever reason sometimes when I start the WSJT-X program it works all of a sudden!
Than I can run the digi modes until I close the program - no chance any more.

 

I have not encountered the principle and reason why it works sporadically.

 

- No program runs in admin mode
- System is WIN10-64, PC Intel i3 NUC with Intel chip set.

I could not test with OMNIRIG V2 as it cannot be selected from WSJT (???)

 

Any hint is really appreciated
Thanks
Lutz, DL9DAN

 


locked Re: A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Joe Dz
 

I found out what the issue was, and it is not configuration change related but it only happens when in Q65.

 

On the IC-9700, I had Sh checked from the last time I ran MSK144 on 2 meters.  So, no matter which rig or configuration, clicking on Sh changes the Tx6 box from CQ K1YOW FN42 to @1000 (TUNE).  If I uncheck Sh, the CQ K1YOW FN42 comes back.  Likewise checking and un-checking Sh also toggles the Tx6 check box from grayed-out to not.

 

So....I accidently had Sh checked in Q65 mode, but it may still be unwanted behavior replacing CQ K1YOW FN42 with @1000 (TUNE) when Sh is checked.

 

Joe, K1YOW

 

 


From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Dz
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 2:28 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

 

All seems to work well.  Just a couple of small things to report so far.  I run a TR590SG in one configuration and an IC-9700 in a second configuration.  Running V2.4.0-rc1, Windows 10, 64 bit.

1. In the TS590SG configuration on 50.275, Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box next to the Call 1st is gray and can not be checked.  All else seems to work just fine.

2. When I change configurations to the IC-9700 and go to 144.170 Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box is no longer gray.  However, my CQ K1YOW FN42 inside of Tx6 now reads: @1000 (TUNE).  If I put in CQ K1YOW FN42, all is OK for the CQ.  I then switched back to the TS590SG and Tx6 still has my call.  So just to see, I switched again to the IC-9700 configuration, and Tx6 again showed @1000 (TUNE) instead of CQ K1YOW FN42.

All in all, I have V2.4.0-rc1 working fine so far and it coexists just fine with fldigi as well using W10 64 bits.

73, Joe, K1YOW


locked Re: Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #Cat_RigControl #AudioIssues

Chris
 

All are present and available to other applications.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
From: "Philip Rose via groups.io" <gm3zza@...>
Sent: 2/12/2021 08:59:58
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

When applications look for ports, they can either look for all ports present, or just those that are available for use by  the application. So that some applications report that the port is present doesn’t necessarily mean it’s available.

 

Phil

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Chris
Sent: 12 February 2021 16:46
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

 

Thanks for the reply Bob.  Unfortunately, that isn't what is happening here.  It is still bad a day later.  Other applictions see the ports and cards just fine so it wouldn't be a windows lockout.  If I were to hazard a guess I'd say maybe a change in an API that broke WSJT-X access.  This may take some time an effort to untangle.  I'm hoping the gurus will see this and offer a suggestion.

 

Chris, AB6QK

 

 

------ Original Message ------

From: "Bob Turner" <n2scj-lists@...>

Sent: 2/11/2021 16:49:40

Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

 

My audio device for IC-7300  disappears when a windows update has been pending / waiting for shutdown, update, restart.  Happened 15 minutes ago when I powered off rig, and powered it on again.  I assume WSJTx had a lock on the device which was released when I shut them down, then Windows took the lock.  Upon power up of IC-7300 and restart of WSJTx, my audio device was missing as windows set a lock.  I then let shutdown, update, restart proceed.  All was fine afterwards.  This happened about 20 minutes ago.

 

Bob N2SCJ

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 6:17 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

 

Has anyone had the program just stop recognizing devices on the computer in windows 10?

They don't appear in the pick list for the settings.  But, Mixw 2 through 4 work fine and see everything (as does device manager)

I have:
backed off the last win 10 update.
uninstalled and reinstalled
run a registry cleaner

and, it ran fine last time it was used.

Chris, AB6QK

 


--
73 Phil GM3ZZA


locked Re: Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #Cat_RigControl #AudioIssues

Chris
 

That was my suspiscion, But rolling back the update did not change anything.

The radio is a Kenwood ts-450s which is properly selected in the settings.  There is no special driver for this radio.  That isn't the issue.

The audio interface for this radio is a PCI card, not a USB device. There are four audio devices in this PC with different duties. They all show up as working properly in device manager, and they can be used by other software without issue. 

Only one device shows up in wsjt-x settings, and it is the windows default device which is certainly not what I want!

Lets remember this was working ok before and I could see all devices before.  There is a security update that I will try rolling back next.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
From: "neil_zampella" <neilz@...>
Sent: 2/12/2021 09:06:25
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

There was just a Windows 10 update.    This happens each and every time MS sends out an update.   

If you're using a single USB connection for CAT and audio, the answer that I've seen given and used is to disconnect the USB cable, reinstall the ICOM drivers, connect the USB cable.   The rig needs to be on when you do the connection.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/12/2021 10:35 AM, Chris wrote:
Thanks for the reply Bob.  Unfortunately, that isn't what is happening here.  It is still bad a day later.  Other applictions see the ports and cards just fine so it wouldn't be a windows lockout.  If I were to hazard a guess I'd say maybe a change in an API that broke WSJT-X access.  This may take some time an effort to untangle.  I'm hoping the gurus will see this and offer a suggestion.

Chris, AB6QK


------ Original Message ------
From: "Bob Turner" <n2scj-lists@...>
Sent: 2/11/2021 16:49:40
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

My audio device for IC-7300  disappears when a windows update has been pending / waiting for shutdown, update, restart.  Happened 15 minutes ago when I powered off rig, and powered it on again.  I assume WSJTx had a lock on the device which was released when I shut them down, then Windows took the lock.  Upon power up of IC-7300 and restart of WSJTx, my audio device was missing as windows set a lock.  I then let shutdown, update, restart proceed.  All was fine afterwards.  This happened about 20 minutes ago.

 

Bob N2SCJ

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 6:17 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

 

Has anyone had the program just stop recognizing devices on the computer in windows 10?

They don't appear in the pick list for the settings.  But, Mixw 2 through 4 work fine and see everything (as does device manager)

I have:
backed off the last win 10 update.
uninstalled and reinstalled
run a registry cleaner

and, it ran fine last time it was used.

Chris, AB6QK



    


locked Re: Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #Cat_RigControl #AudioIssues

Chris
 

Ironically, the only device showing is the Windows Default.  No, the device needed is not the Windows default. The device I'm using for the Kenwood is a c-media pci card, which works fine with other programs, and was working with wsjt-x until the last few days.

Again, the device shows in device manager as working properly, and mixw4 can see it and use it fine. It doesn not show up in wsjt-x settings at all.

I'm suspicious of a Windows update breaking something wsjt-x uses.  I had no improvement rolling back the last windows update.  There was also a security update that I have not rolled back yet, so that might be the next step.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
From: "Alan G4ZFQ" <alan4alan@...>
Sent: 2/12/2021 09:00:41
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

On 12/02/2021 16:35, Chris wrote:
Thanks for the reply Bob.  Unfortunately, that isn't what is happening here.  It is still bad a day later.  Other applictions see the ports and cards just fine
 
Chris,
 
Is the required device set as Windows Default?
If so WSJT-X will not show it.
This is to stop other noises entering your TX audio.
 
Set something else as default.
 
73 Alan G4ZFQ
 


locked A Few Minor Q65 Things to Report #WSJTX_config #Q65

Joe Dz
 

All seems to work well.  Just a couple of small things to report so far.  I run a TR590SG in one configuration and an IC-9700 in a second configuration.  Running V2.4.0-rc1, Windows 10, 64 bit.

1. In the TS590SG configuration on 50.275, Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box next to the Call 1st is gray and can not be checked.  All else seems to work just fine.

2. When I change configurations to the IC-9700 and go to 144.170 Q65-30A, the Tx6 check box is no longer gray.  However, my CQ K1YOW FN42 inside of Tx6 now reads: @1000 (TUNE).  If I put in CQ K1YOW FN42, all is OK for the CQ.  I then switched back to the TS590SG and Tx6 still has my call.  So just to see, I switched again to the IC-9700 configuration, and Tx6 again showed @1000 (TUNE) instead of CQ K1YOW FN42.

All in all, I have V2.4.0-rc1 working fine so far and it coexists just fine with fldigi as well using W10 64 bits.

73, Joe, K1YOW


locked Re: Implied Hold Tx Freq was #IssueReport

Reino Talarmo
 

>You did misunderstood the situation when it happens.  I am not calling CQ (in search-and-pounds) and I the "Hold-TX-Freq" is not checked.

 

Geza,

Many users prefer to follow the recommendation to have the “Hold-TX-Freq” checked, when doing search-and-pounds or CQ i.e. all the time. Of course in that situation they don’t have the behavior you found.
Usually RF split is preferred on most bands now. There are only very few operators that answer only signals on “their frequency” and there are some that never answer, if they are called on “their frequency”, hi!

73, Reino OH3mA

 


locked Re: Unfamiliar signals in waterfall #FT8 #Waterfall

Hasan Schiers N0AN
 

It looks like a Q65 mode , someone transmitted it by mistake
73, N0AN
Hasan


On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:08 AM Kenneth Williams <ken.williams@...> wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had a comment on what I might be looking at or what might be happening to result in this waterfall display.
Also, if you look at the graph at the bottom, it also looks strange, but consistent with the waterfall in terms of cumulative power vs fq.

This is from v2.4.0-rc1 on a 64-bit windows 7 machine operating FT8.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

Thanks in advance for any comments or thoughts.

Ken
KC6PUQ







14741 - 14760 of 36729