Date   

locked Re: Windows audio and sleep mode #AudioIssues

Bill Somerville
 

Hi Rich and John,

that is partially right. For connected devices like serial ports the power save options are not in play as having a connection open is enough to stop power saving. For audio streams there is no connection as such, an application requests or subscribes to a device stream. Those streams source or sink data to a shared resource and Windows will power that device down without regard for any application using it. Applications are not notified when audio streams are shut off by power saving.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 28/10/2020 22:26, ve3ki wrote:
Windows makes its decisions on power-saving actions like sleep mode based on keyboard and mouse activity. It does not know about activity on serial ports, sound cards, etc.

There are settings that can and should be changed to prevent Windows from putting USB devices to sleep unexpectedly. There is a nice summary at <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown>. These settings changes should be applied on any Windows computer that is being used for real-time amateur radio activities.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 06:03 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Ya know, 
 
After reading hundreds of these types of issues during the past 6+ months, it really make one wonder what the real problem is...!
 
Ask yourselves, why in the hell are these computers going to sleep at all?
 
The affected components are obviously being used; as proven by the fact that wsjtx quits working when those various components (audio, video, usb, etc.) go off into never, never land. Since wsjtx is constantly running & using resources - nothing should be timing out! 
 
Given, ms sucks and they have made a crappy system that doesn't work well most of the time.
 
Is there perhaps some coding that wsjtx can use to send more robust signals thru the the computer system, so that it can't go to sleep?  

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 1:50 PM Steven Rutledge <steven.t.rutledge@...> wrote:
I was just about to follow up on a post I made earlier, actually several.  My receive was locking up after a period of time with new Windows 10 computer.  I'm not an IT guy so I was confounded.  I finally discovered it was the sleep mode on Winows 10.  I don't think I never had my Windows 7 desktop or laptops go into sleep mode.  In fact, I'm not sure I knew it existed.  I leave them on all the time.  Anyway, I started fooling around with sleep mode and it appears that was the problem, I hope.  Just actually came to that conclusion this morning.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out earlier. 

73,

Steve, N4JQQ



locked Re: Windows audio and sleep mode #AudioIssues

JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...>
 

Hi Rich,

The kb & mouse activity is true, but since you need to move & click the mouse to log, & select new stations to operate...  the system still isn't picking that up.



73 - John - N7GHZ


On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 3:27 PM ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
Windows makes its decisions on power-saving actions like sleep mode based on keyboard and mouse activity. It does not know about activity on serial ports, sound cards, etc.

There are settings that can and should be changed to prevent Windows from putting USB devices to sleep unexpectedly. There is a nice summary at <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown>. These settings changes should be applied on any Windows computer that is being used for real-time amateur radio activities.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 06:03 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Ya know, 
 
After reading hundreds of these types of issues during the past 6+ months, it really make one wonder what the real problem is...!
 
Ask yourselves, why in the hell are these computers going to sleep at all?
 
The affected components are obviously being used; as proven by the fact that wsjtx quits working when those various components (audio, video, usb, etc.) go off into never, never land. Since wsjtx is constantly running & using resources - nothing should be timing out! 
 
Given, ms sucks and they have made a crappy system that doesn't work well most of the time.
 
Is there perhaps some coding that wsjtx can use to send more robust signals thru the the computer system, so that it can't go to sleep?  

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 1:50 PM Steven Rutledge <steven.t.rutledge@...> wrote:
I was just about to follow up on a post I made earlier, actually several.  My receive was locking up after a period of time with new Windows 10 computer.  I'm not an IT guy so I was confounded.  I finally discovered it was the sleep mode on Winows 10.  I don't think I never had my Windows 7 desktop or laptops go into sleep mode.  In fact, I'm not sure I knew it existed.  I leave them on all the time.  Anyway, I started fooling around with sleep mode and it appears that was the problem, I hope.  Just actually came to that conclusion this morning.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out earlier. 

73,

Steve, N4JQQ






Few decodes after working just fine 30 minutes ago... duh!

JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...>
 

I'm big enough to admit when I do dumb stuff...

So early this morning, I worked a bunch of FT4 & FT8 & everything worked fine.

I then did some experimenting for about half an hour, & after that I went back to working FT8 - or rather tried to!

Something wasn't right, for try I as I did, I now couldn't seem to 'hear' or decode hardly anyone!  Where I had been decoding a couple dozen signals on 40m, I was now seeing only a few. 

It took me about 5 minutes to realize that I had minimized the wide-graph & after I brought it back up, I saw the issue in that I was only seeing a small portion of spectrum, it took another min. Or so to recheck my frequency, check, usb, check...

Scratching my head, it suddenly dawned on me the cause... I had been playing with CW for a bit, & while I returned the radio to usb... I had forgotten to re-select the wide ssb audio filter setting (instead of the very narrow cw filter)!  Which is why I was only seeing a few signals in that small region.

Duh!  It helps to run in upper sideband with the wide audio filter to match.

Recheck & double-check all of your setting after changing operating modes...


locked Re: Windows audio and sleep mode #AudioIssues

ve3ki
 

Windows makes its decisions on power-saving actions like sleep mode based on keyboard and mouse activity. It does not know about activity on serial ports, sound cards, etc.

There are settings that can and should be changed to prevent Windows from putting USB devices to sleep unexpectedly. There is a nice summary at <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown>. These settings changes should be applied on any Windows computer that is being used for real-time amateur radio activities.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 06:03 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Ya know, 
 
After reading hundreds of these types of issues during the past 6+ months, it really make one wonder what the real problem is...!
 
Ask yourselves, why in the hell are these computers going to sleep at all?
 
The affected components are obviously being used; as proven by the fact that wsjtx quits working when those various components (audio, video, usb, etc.) go off into never, never land. Since wsjtx is constantly running & using resources - nothing should be timing out! 
 
Given, ms sucks and they have made a crappy system that doesn't work well most of the time.
 
Is there perhaps some coding that wsjtx can use to send more robust signals thru the the computer system, so that it can't go to sleep?  

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 1:50 PM Steven Rutledge <steven.t.rutledge@...> wrote:
I was just about to follow up on a post I made earlier, actually several.  My receive was locking up after a period of time with new Windows 10 computer.  I'm not an IT guy so I was confounded.  I finally discovered it was the sleep mode on Winows 10.  I don't think I never had my Windows 7 desktop or laptops go into sleep mode.  In fact, I'm not sure I knew it existed.  I leave them on all the time.  Anyway, I started fooling around with sleep mode and it appears that was the problem, I hope.  Just actually came to that conclusion this morning.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out earlier. 

73,

Steve, N4JQQ



Re: F/H Decodes

Chuck Schloss
 

Thanks, Reino, you nailed it – all is OK now.

73,  Chuck

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Schloss
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 4:36 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] F/H Decodes

 

Thank you, Reino.

I did not have that checked.  I do now.

Now need to find a signal to check this out.

73, Chuck

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Reino Talarmo
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 9:56 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] F/H Decodes

 

Hi Chuck,

In case you mean that you see strong signal above 1000 Hz, but no decodes of those, then have you ‘Rx All Freqs’ unticked (above Hound red sign).

73, Reino OH3mA

 

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Schloss
Sent: 27. lokakuuta 2020 16:46
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] F/H Decodes

 

Guys,

 

I rarely get a decode even though there are several strong signals on the waterfall.

Time is right-on.  Been working regular FT8 all morning.
Now up frequency trying to work JX2US.  Several strong signals, no decodes.

Windows 10, WSJTX 2.2.2.  Yaesu FTDX101MP, Ham Radio Delux.

 

Chuck AG0W


locked Re: Windows audio and sleep mode #AudioIssues

JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...>
 

Ya know, 

After reading hundreds of these types of issues during the past 6+ months, it really make one wonder what the real problem is...!

Ask yourselves, why in the hell are these computers going to sleep at all?

The affected components are obviously being used; as proven by the fact that wsjtx quits working when those various components (audio, video, usb, etc.) go off into never, never land. Since wsjtx is constantly running & using resources - nothing should be timing out! 

Given, ms sucks and they have made a crappy system that doesn't work well most of the time.

Is there perhaps some coding that wsjtx can use to send more robust signals thru the the computer system, so that it can't go to sleep?  

73 - John - N7GHZ


On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 1:50 PM Steven Rutledge <steven.t.rutledge@...> wrote:
I was just about to follow up on a post I made earlier, actually several.  My receive was locking up after a period of time with new Windows 10 computer.  I'm not an IT guy so I was confounded.  I finally discovered it was the sleep mode on Winows 10.  I don't think I never had my Windows 7 desktop or laptops go into sleep mode.  In fact, I'm not sure I knew it existed.  I leave them on all the time.  Anyway, I started fooling around with sleep mode and it appears that was the problem, I hope.  Just actually came to that conclusion this morning.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out earlier. 

73,

Steve, N4JQQ



Re: Running 2radios with one Computer

Bill Somerville
 

On 28/10/2020 21:51, w1pr@... wrote:
I'm probably overlooking the obvious but I don't understand how to enter the separate radio commands. When I try to use the command from a command line, i.e., C:\>  I get the following:
'wsjtx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Where should the wsjtx --rig-name=XXX command be entered? Can a shortcut icon be associated with it?

Thanks de Paul - W1PR

Hi Paul,

if you want to start WSJT-X from a CMD shell you can do so like this:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx --rig-name=my-rig

that might be handy from a batch file. To start from a Windows shortcut on your Desktop copy the normal icon installed by WSJT-X, then right click the copy, select Properties, and edit the Target entry in the Shortcut tab to append the --rig-name= option.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


Re: Running 2radios with one Computer

Paul - W1PR
 

I'm probably overlooking the obvious but I don't understand how to enter the separate radio commands. When I try to use the command from a command line, i.e., C:\>  I get the following:
'wsjtx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Where should the wsjtx --rig-name=XXX command be entered? Can a shortcut icon be associated with it?

Thanks de Paul - W1PR


moderated Re: Continuing problem, WSJT-X fails to decode

Bill Somerville
 

Russ,

there is a known defect in WSJT-X where the Band Activity window stops scrolling down to show them latest decodes, the defect only occurs when "Settings->General->Start new period decodes at top" is checked. It occurs after a large number of decodes are printed. You can check if this is the issue you are suffering by manually scrolling down the Band Activity window to reveal the apparently missing decodes.

You can work around this issue either by unchecking the "Settings->General->Start new period decodes at top" option or by erasing the Band Activity window periodically (right-click and select "Erase").

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 28/10/2020 21:40, Russ Ravella via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, that’s what I was saying in my post.  Yet WSJT-X was frozen when I collected them.  This thread is asking why that’s happening.  You asked its originator to provide .wav files so I have also.  As I mentioned in my post, I also took a video which I can provide if you think it might be helpful.  The question remains, why is WSJT-X freezing ?

Thanks,
Russ KR6W



On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 28/10/2020 04:52, Russ Ravella via groups.io wrote:
HI Bill,

Following up on this, I’ve been off the air for a few days but fired up WSJT-X today and got another freeze.  I’m sending you the last three .wav files that were saved consistent with your request below.  To me they just sound like normal audio and seem to terminate normally.  WSJT-X was up and frozen when I grabbed them and after I did, and closed WSJT-X, I checked and no more .wav files had been written.  I also took a short video showing WSJT-X with the waterfall frozen but the 15-sec timer still running and Flex DAX showing audio still being generated by the radio (that is, the radio and audio connection weren't frozen).  Being a video file, I won’t attach it here in case you’d rather I sent it via another means.

I’ve been getting these freezes since at least the first V2 and maybe before.  I can’t correlate them to anything.  During that time I’ve had four different Flex radios (quality is not a Flex Radio attribute - software or hardware) and several revisions of SSDR, CAT, DAX and Windows 10 software (I’m on 2004 now) running on three different fast laptops each set up from scratch.  I don’t use any third party AV software as they’re all basically malware themselves. The freezes seem to just “happen”.  Sometimes closing and restarting WSJT-X fixes it and sometimes I have to restart the whole computer.  I’ve lost at least one potential ATNO due to this.

Thanks for helping as always !
Russ KR6W

Hi Russ,

those three .WAV files look fine to me, I get the following decodes from them:

------------------------------------ 20m
230330 10 0.4 1847 ~ YS1GMV VE7XT R-18
230330 0 0.3 1331 ~ N2MSF AG5VE R+03
230330 7 0.3 2144 ~ JA9IFF W3MMM -08
230330 5 0.4 445 ~ CQ KF5TVG EM26  CQ Zone 4
230330 -3 0.3 900 ~ CQ KQ1S EM94  U.S.A.
230330 2 0.3 2199 ~ PP5DE K0HMZ R-16
230330 21 0.3 672 ~ YS1GMV WB0TAX EM32
230330 -8 0.3 1594 ~ KM6KJI W3DJS EM83
230330 -12 0.4 1102 ~ XL3T K4TT FN44
230330 -12 0.3 2550 ~ CQ LU5CAT GF05  SA
230330 -6 0.4 1791 ~ WA8QNN KC5TT -02
230330 -10 0.4 360 ~ YS1GMV KE0ELU -19
230330 -1 1.3 734 ~ CQ AF5DE EM25  CQ Zone 4
230330 -6 0.8 2324 ~ BU2BV KJ7OTZ CN87
230330 -8 0.3 833 ~ W7SWB WD9IQN -16
230330 -5 0.1 1642 ~ NN2T WA5VXI EM25
230330 -8 0.3 778 ~ CQ KC9VW EL29  CQ Zone 4
230330 -19 0.3 2086 ~ CQ KD9KCK EN61  CQ Zone 4
230330 -10 0.4 2332 ~ KJ4SRY VA6KL -06
230330 -6 0.4 1822 ~ KE3VV W6ASO R+01
230330 -15 0.4 1313 ~ JA0ARF KR7X R-14
230330 -9 0.5 1639 ~ NN2T AC0FS EN34
230330 -18 0.3 983 ~ BH4TVU K9RR R-16
230330 -18 0.5 1976 ~ VE2JI LW8DHX -13
230330 -18 0.5 2016 ~ KI5KSE KB4DPH EL88
230330 -24 0.1 1084 ~ W5FHW WB9MSM EN53
230330 -23 0.7 2000 ~ CQ KF0AQK EN21  CQ Zone 4
230330 -14 0.4 1648 ~ VA3TPS KD9MKR RR73
230330 -13 0.1 1608 ~ CQ KF9KV EN52  CQ Zone 4
------------------------------------ 20m
230345 -17 -0.1 1492 ~ VY1MB KN4GGH EM91
230345 -3 -1.6 1415 ~ CQ AI4QT EM74  U.S.A.
230345 -10 0.5 2275 ~ CQ W7OK CN86  CQ Zone 3
230345 -7 0.3 888 ~ KB7THX AI4VV RRR
230345 8 0.4 1638 ~ AC0FS NN2T +01
230345 0 0.6 1208 ~ WB9MSM W5FHW EM02
230345 -3 0.3 1942 ~ KB4DPH KI5KSE +06
230345 -13 0.3 2051 ~ W5CRN KB7SAT 73
230345 9 0.3 1695 ~ CQ W0WND DM97  CQ Zone 4
230345 17 0.3 530 ~ AB1WG N5LDO 73
230345 -13 0.3 2206 ~ JE3BMU N7CTB CN85
230345 6 0.4 424 ~ CO8AFG W8KEN -14
230345 -14 0.4 1890 ~ VA6KL KJ4SRY R-17
230345 -6 0.3 2795 ~ AG5VE N2MSF RR73
230345 -15 0.4 1553 ~ XP3A N4AN R-19
230345 -14 0.5 744 ~ EA5IYK VE6ATS R-11
230345 -2 0.3 575 ~ KN6ITP K4BWM FM14
230345 -4 0.4 1667 ~ J88DCP/R WB4KTF EM10
230345 -12 0.2 852 ~ KN6ITP KB4RRN EM90
230345 -17 0.3 1958 ~ KR7X JA0ARF RR73
230345 -16 0.3 900 ~ CQ KK4OMJ EM78  U.S.A.
230345 -24 0.3 1777 ~ KC4VKG N8FRI EN81
230345 -22 0.3 2054 ~ CQ N2OO FM29  U.S.A.
230345 -10 0.4 1072 ~ KD9KCK N3CKI FM03
230345 -14 0.4 1717 ~ WA2EPI <...> -08
230345 -1 0.4 628 ~ JE3BMU WA7VIZ CN92
230345 -9 0.3 1624 ~ KC9VW W0BLE EN31
230345 -10 0.4 1605 ~ KN6ITP KB8SRX 73
230345 -24 -0.1 1365 ~ CQ K3ADU FN10  a1 U.S.A.
230345 -20 0.6 1649 ~ KD9MKR VA3TPS 73
------------------------------------ 20m
230400 -18 1.0 1488 ~ HC5EG PY7YZ 73
230400 8 0.3 1331 ~ N2MSF AG5VE 73
230400 -5 0.3 900 ~ CQ KQ1S EM94  U.S.A.
230400 -1 0.1 1966 ~ N5AQM WA5VXI EM25
230400 4 0.4 445 ~ VE3XTF KF5TVG -16
230400 7 0.3 2144 ~ JA9IFF W3MMM RR73
230400 0 0.3 778 ~ CQ KC9VW EL29  CQ Zone 4
230400 1 0.3 2199 ~ PP5DE K0HMZ 73
230400 -8 0.4 360 ~ YS1GMV KE0ELU -19
230400 -12 0.3 1051 ~ N2OO KE5GXX EL17
230400 -4 0.5 1639 ~ NN2T AC0FS R+07
230400 -8 0.4 1102 ~ XL3T K4TT FN44
230400 -9 0.3 2548 ~ CQ LU5CAT GF05  SA
230400 -5 0.8 2324 ~ BU2BV KJ7OTZ CN87
230400 -15 0.3 983 ~ BH4TVU K9RR R-16
230400 5 0.4 1847 ~ YS1GMV VE7XT R-18
230400 6 0.4 1823 ~ KE3VV W6ASO R+01
230400 -13 0.3 833 ~ W7SWB WD9IQN -16
230400 -12 0.5 2015 ~ KI5KSE KB4DPH R+01
230400 -7 0.3 1313 ~ JA0ARF KR7X 73
230400 2 0.1 1791 ~ WA8QNN KC5TT -14
230400 -9 0.4 2333 ~ KJ4SRY VA6KL RR73
230400 -19 0.3 2088 ~ CQ KD9KCK EN61  CQ Zone 4
230400 -15 0.7 2000 ~ CQ KF0AQK EN21  CQ Zone 4
230400 -8 0.3 1794 ~ LU9HCO W3DJS EM83
230400 -16 0.5 1977 ~ VE2JI LW8DHX -13
230400 -15 0.2 1608 ~ CQ KF9KV EN52  CQ Zone 4
230400 -12 0.4 1649 ~ VA3TPS KD9MKR RR73

73
Bill
G4WJS.



moderated Re: Continuing problem, WSJT-X fails to decode

Russ Ravella
 

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, that’s what I was saying in my post.  Yet WSJT-X was frozen when I collected them.  This thread is asking why that’s happening.  You asked its originator to provide .wav files so I have also.  As I mentioned in my post, I also took a video which I can provide if you think it might be helpful.  The question remains, why is WSJT-X freezing ?

Thanks,
Russ KR6W



On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 28/10/2020 04:52, Russ Ravella via groups.io wrote:
HI Bill,

Following up on this, I’ve been off the air for a few days but fired up WSJT-X today and got another freeze.  I’m sending you the last three .wav files that were saved consistent with your request below.  To me they just sound like normal audio and seem to terminate normally.  WSJT-X was up and frozen when I grabbed them and after I did, and closed WSJT-X, I checked and no more .wav files had been written.  I also took a short video showing WSJT-X with the waterfall frozen but the 15-sec timer still running and Flex DAX showing audio still being generated by the radio (that is, the radio and audio connection weren't frozen).  Being a video file, I won’t attach it here in case you’d rather I sent it via another means.

I’ve been getting these freezes since at least the first V2 and maybe before.  I can’t correlate them to anything.  During that time I’ve had four different Flex radios (quality is not a Flex Radio attribute - software or hardware) and several revisions of SSDR, CAT, DAX and Windows 10 software (I’m on 2004 now) running on three different fast laptops each set up from scratch.  I don’t use any third party AV software as they’re all basically malware themselves. The freezes seem to just “happen”.  Sometimes closing and restarting WSJT-X fixes it and sometimes I have to restart the whole computer.  I’ve lost at least one potential ATNO due to this.

Thanks for helping as always !
Russ KR6W

Hi Russ,

those three .WAV files look fine to me, I get the following decodes from them:

------------------------------------ 20m
230330 10 0.4 1847 ~ YS1GMV VE7XT R-18
230330 0 0.3 1331 ~ N2MSF AG5VE R+03
230330 7 0.3 2144 ~ JA9IFF W3MMM -08
230330 5 0.4 445 ~ CQ KF5TVG EM26  CQ Zone 4
230330 -3 0.3 900 ~ CQ KQ1S EM94  U.S.A.
230330 2 0.3 2199 ~ PP5DE K0HMZ R-16
230330 21 0.3 672 ~ YS1GMV WB0TAX EM32
230330 -8 0.3 1594 ~ KM6KJI W3DJS EM83
230330 -12 0.4 1102 ~ XL3T K4TT FN44
230330 -12 0.3 2550 ~ CQ LU5CAT GF05  SA
230330 -6 0.4 1791 ~ WA8QNN KC5TT -02
230330 -10 0.4 360 ~ YS1GMV KE0ELU -19
230330 -1 1.3 734 ~ CQ AF5DE EM25  CQ Zone 4
230330 -6 0.8 2324 ~ BU2BV KJ7OTZ CN87
230330 -8 0.3 833 ~ W7SWB WD9IQN -16
230330 -5 0.1 1642 ~ NN2T WA5VXI EM25
230330 -8 0.3 778 ~ CQ KC9VW EL29  CQ Zone 4
230330 -19 0.3 2086 ~ CQ KD9KCK EN61  CQ Zone 4
230330 -10 0.4 2332 ~ KJ4SRY VA6KL -06
230330 -6 0.4 1822 ~ KE3VV W6ASO R+01
230330 -15 0.4 1313 ~ JA0ARF KR7X R-14
230330 -9 0.5 1639 ~ NN2T AC0FS EN34
230330 -18 0.3 983 ~ BH4TVU K9RR R-16
230330 -18 0.5 1976 ~ VE2JI LW8DHX -13
230330 -18 0.5 2016 ~ KI5KSE KB4DPH EL88
230330 -24 0.1 1084 ~ W5FHW WB9MSM EN53
230330 -23 0.7 2000 ~ CQ KF0AQK EN21  CQ Zone 4
230330 -14 0.4 1648 ~ VA3TPS KD9MKR RR73
230330 -13 0.1 1608 ~ CQ KF9KV EN52  CQ Zone 4
------------------------------------ 20m
230345 -17 -0.1 1492 ~ VY1MB KN4GGH EM91
230345 -3 -1.6 1415 ~ CQ AI4QT EM74  U.S.A.
230345 -10 0.5 2275 ~ CQ W7OK CN86  CQ Zone 3
230345 -7 0.3 888 ~ KB7THX AI4VV RRR
230345 8 0.4 1638 ~ AC0FS NN2T +01
230345 0 0.6 1208 ~ WB9MSM W5FHW EM02
230345 -3 0.3 1942 ~ KB4DPH KI5KSE +06
230345 -13 0.3 2051 ~ W5CRN KB7SAT 73
230345 9 0.3 1695 ~ CQ W0WND DM97  CQ Zone 4
230345 17 0.3 530 ~ AB1WG N5LDO 73
230345 -13 0.3 2206 ~ JE3BMU N7CTB CN85
230345 6 0.4 424 ~ CO8AFG W8KEN -14
230345 -14 0.4 1890 ~ VA6KL KJ4SRY R-17
230345 -6 0.3 2795 ~ AG5VE N2MSF RR73
230345 -15 0.4 1553 ~ XP3A N4AN R-19
230345 -14 0.5 744 ~ EA5IYK VE6ATS R-11
230345 -2 0.3 575 ~ KN6ITP K4BWM FM14
230345 -4 0.4 1667 ~ J88DCP/R WB4KTF EM10
230345 -12 0.2 852 ~ KN6ITP KB4RRN EM90
230345 -17 0.3 1958 ~ KR7X JA0ARF RR73
230345 -16 0.3 900 ~ CQ KK4OMJ EM78  U.S.A.
230345 -24 0.3 1777 ~ KC4VKG N8FRI EN81
230345 -22 0.3 2054 ~ CQ N2OO FM29  U.S.A.
230345 -10 0.4 1072 ~ KD9KCK N3CKI FM03
230345 -14 0.4 1717 ~ WA2EPI <...> -08
230345 -1 0.4 628 ~ JE3BMU WA7VIZ CN92
230345 -9 0.3 1624 ~ KC9VW W0BLE EN31
230345 -10 0.4 1605 ~ KN6ITP KB8SRX 73
230345 -24 -0.1 1365 ~ CQ K3ADU FN10  a1 U.S.A.
230345 -20 0.6 1649 ~ KD9MKR VA3TPS 73
------------------------------------ 20m
230400 -18 1.0 1488 ~ HC5EG PY7YZ 73
230400 8 0.3 1331 ~ N2MSF AG5VE 73
230400 -5 0.3 900 ~ CQ KQ1S EM94  U.S.A.
230400 -1 0.1 1966 ~ N5AQM WA5VXI EM25
230400 4 0.4 445 ~ VE3XTF KF5TVG -16
230400 7 0.3 2144 ~ JA9IFF W3MMM RR73
230400 0 0.3 778 ~ CQ KC9VW EL29  CQ Zone 4
230400 1 0.3 2199 ~ PP5DE K0HMZ 73
230400 -8 0.4 360 ~ YS1GMV KE0ELU -19
230400 -12 0.3 1051 ~ N2OO KE5GXX EL17
230400 -4 0.5 1639 ~ NN2T AC0FS R+07
230400 -8 0.4 1102 ~ XL3T K4TT FN44
230400 -9 0.3 2548 ~ CQ LU5CAT GF05  SA
230400 -5 0.8 2324 ~ BU2BV KJ7OTZ CN87
230400 -15 0.3 983 ~ BH4TVU K9RR R-16
230400 5 0.4 1847 ~ YS1GMV VE7XT R-18
230400 6 0.4 1823 ~ KE3VV W6ASO R+01
230400 -13 0.3 833 ~ W7SWB WD9IQN -16
230400 -12 0.5 2015 ~ KI5KSE KB4DPH R+01
230400 -7 0.3 1313 ~ JA0ARF KR7X 73
230400 2 0.1 1791 ~ WA8QNN KC5TT -14
230400 -9 0.4 2333 ~ KJ4SRY VA6KL RR73
230400 -19 0.3 2088 ~ CQ KD9KCK EN61  CQ Zone 4
230400 -15 0.7 2000 ~ CQ KF0AQK EN21  CQ Zone 4
230400 -8 0.3 1794 ~ LU9HCO W3DJS EM83
230400 -16 0.5 1977 ~ VE2JI LW8DHX -13
230400 -15 0.2 1608 ~ CQ KF9KV EN52  CQ Zone 4
230400 -12 0.4 1649 ~ VA3TPS KD9MKR RR73

73
Bill
G4WJS.






Re: KC3AM New guy with question

Dave
 

Thanks much Bill,

This never happened until I upgraded to 2.2.2.
This feature is a hassle for me since I use two different radios.

Dave KC3AM

On 10/28/2020 13:46, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 28/10/2020 16:01, Dave via groups.io wrote:
Is there a way to disable the auto turn on in ver 2.2.2?
I use two different radios one of which is thru the sound card.

Dave KC3AM

Hi Dave,

sorry there's not. In WSJT-X v2.3.0 (including the latest RC1 beta release) it is optional.

73
Bill
G4WJS.





--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM


Re: Receive Locking Up With Windows 10

Steven Rutledge
 

Thanks to all who responded to this cry for help.  It only took me a little over a week to figure out that it apparently, I hope, was the sleep mode on my new Windows 10 machine.  I didn't know there was such a thing.  I knew about the screensaver.  I'm no IT guy.  So, it looks like I'm back in business with the program running as long as the computer doesn't go into the sleep mode.  Frustrating though.

73 and gud DX,

Steve, N4JQQ


locked Re: Windows audio and sleep mode #AudioIssues

Steven Rutledge
 

I was just about to follow up on a post I made earlier, actually several.  My receive was locking up after a period of time with new Windows 10 computer.  I'm not an IT guy so I was confounded.  I finally discovered it was the sleep mode on Winows 10.  I don't think I never had my Windows 7 desktop or laptops go into sleep mode.  In fact, I'm not sure I knew it existed.  I leave them on all the time.  Anyway, I started fooling around with sleep mode and it appears that was the problem, I hope.  Just actually came to that conclusion this morning.  Thanks to all who tried to help me out earlier. 

73,

Steve, N4JQQ


Re: FT8 from foreign countries (CEPT)

Michael Renner
 

On Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020 07:53:38 CET you wrote:

Moin,

thanks for all the answers.


A lot of people use loggers that get the locator data from e.g. qrz.com.
Might I suggest making a separate qrz profile for your F/DD0UL call and put
the correct locator there?
i have now followed all the advice: the locator is noted on my qrz.com page,
and the last message i send is the locator in TX5.

73 de Micha, DD0UL (back in Germany at the moment)
--
|Michael Renner E-mail: dd0ul@darc.de |
|JN58SC/JN26ED Twitter: dd0ul |
|Germany/France Don't drink as root! ESC:wq


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

KD7YZ Bob
 

On 10/28/2020 14:48, Bill Somerville wrote:

is there any trend of DT numbers getting larger, if yes do they reset
after a reboot?
No Trend. Same-ole-same-ole ..actually rebooted twice today ...numbers
are quite typical of what I have been seeing.



--
--
Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

Bill Somerville
 

On 28/10/2020 18:44, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
and I'm also seeing it in another instance which is reading signal from
an SDR-IQ thru SDR-Com V 3.

1834 -14 0.8 0.475724 -1 NV4X EM77 30



The HF one is the K3



-- -- Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky
Hi Bob,

is there any trend of DT numbers getting larger, if yes do they reset after a reboot?

73
Bill
G4WJS.


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

KD7YZ Bob
 

and I'm also seeing it in another instance which is reading signal from
an SDR-IQ thru SDR-Com V 3.

1834 -14 0.8 0.475724 -1 NV4X EM77 30



The HF one is the K3



--
--
Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

KD7YZ Bob
 

On 10/28/2020 14:40, Bill Somerville wrote:

so that shows ntpd estimates your clock is 6.448 mS ahead of UTC with
low jitter. Time sync is not part of any issues you have.
not encouraging, hi hi. "Time" sync I might have been able to rectify.

thanks for the help Mr. Bill .



--
73
Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901


--
--
Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

Bill Somerville
 

On 28/10/2020 18:38, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
On 10/28/2020 13:48, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:14, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
does the "Quick NTP Status" tool installed with the Meinberg NTP Client
show that ntpd is synchronized with an external NTP server?

Checking current status of NTP service with ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset
jitter
==============================================================================
-138.68.46.177 ( 217.91.44.17     2 u   58  128  377   91.727  +14.648
 0.357
+static-72-87-88 199.102.46.70    2 u  254  128  372   54.726   +4.077
 0.922
+time.gac.edu    216.218.254.202  2 u  704  128  140   49.244   +8.818
 1.550
*time.skylineser 209.51.161.238   2 u  678  128   40   43.388   +6.448
 2.336
(Auto-Refresh every 10s  --- CTRL+C to Cancel)


-- 73 Bob KD7YZ AMSAT LM #901

Hi Bob,

so that shows ntpd estimates your clock is 6.448 mS ahead of UTC with low jitter. Time sync is not part of any issues you have.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


Re: WSJTx "DT" times are way bad

KD7YZ Bob
 

On 10/28/2020 13:48, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:14, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
does the "Quick NTP Status" tool installed with the Meinberg NTP Client
show that ntpd is synchronized with an external NTP server?
Checking current status of NTP service with ntpq -p
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset
jitter
==============================================================================
-138.68.46.177 ( 217.91.44.17 2 u 58 128 377 91.727 +14.648
0.357
+static-72-87-88 199.102.46.70 2 u 254 128 372 54.726 +4.077
0.922
+time.gac.edu 216.218.254.202 2 u 704 128 140 49.244 +8.818
1.550
*time.skylineser 209.51.161.238 2 u 678 128 40 43.388 +6.448
2.336
(Auto-Refresh every 10s --- CTRL+C to Cancel)


--
73
Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901


--
--
Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky

12621 - 12640 of 30322