Date   

locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

JP Tucson, AZ
 

Ok,

Btw, have another friend with his address  & gs correct, but when you click on the map, ot shows his location as the south pole!  Nope, not there!



73 - John - N7GHZ


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 5:05 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

I missed that, but I also was able to update my information on QRZ by selecting EDIT page.  Very simple ... need a grid ... head here: https://www.levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php.   Updated that the same day I updated ULS.

Again, the OP needs to do his own homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:25 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Please re-read!

I said ULS - IS - correct; QRZ isn't.

The op has tried to get QRZ for a while; i.e. years.



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:20 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

If the ULS is incorrect, its because the OP didn't tell the FCC, which I believe is a requirement.

I just moved from PA to MO, I notified the FCC online using their online form.   The address was changed in the ULS within a day or so. Can't blame QRZ if the OP doesn't do his homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:14 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hahahaha...

I like QRZ too... when it is correct.

It has many, many errors too. Worse, people have issues getting them to update properly.

I have a friend who has moved 3 times in 14 years & QRZ still insists they live in MASS.; which they haven't in 14 years!  ULS is correct, QRZ isn't.

Even so, if you are operating away from the home QTH, pota, sota, mobile, rover, plane; boat train or the freaking I.S.S.... it would be really helpful to everyone to have a current & accurate gs! Today, in fact ... NOW! Not 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.

Here's a thought;  make what you have work 100% before adding new crap!  Otherwise just rename yourself micros<"t & give yourself the same bad reputation. 

Of course it would be also helpful if you had people who could actually read a map & find themselves on it!  



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:01 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

That's why there's QRZ ... don't need to add extras to WSJT-X, let them concentrate on new modes

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 3:46 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Uh, no Bill! 

I have had guys send me their grid square of their permanent QTH as the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific, and they wern't on a boat; or island!  They did a typo on the setup.

Had one guy send me a gs that doesn't even exist - ZZxx... only goes up to RR...

Hmmm... if only there were a system where satellites could give you  a precise location & then wsjt-x could read that info automatically & fill in the proper grid square; even if you were mobile or a rover.



73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 1:37 PM Bill Turner via groups.io <w4wnt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There are snowbirds who live in Florida in the winter and "up north" in the summer. Trust what the station sends you.

Bill, W4WNT 




















locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

neil_zampella
 

Jeff ...

that page says that there are python scripts available, its outside of WSJT-X, but uses the UDP messaging feature.   You also need a GPS puck, and install python on your system.

The directions are very clear.  I don't know if it will interfere with other programs like JT-Alert, but it sounds reasonable.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:33 PM, Jeff Townsend wrote:
I believe that WSJT-X has code in it already to auto set the grid. In setup there is an autogrid checkbox.

WSJT-X can get the grid over the network.
There is python code to read a GPS and set the grid.

Searching for Autogrid I came up with this that explains how to set it up on windows.



On Sep 28, 2020, at 5:25 PM, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

Please re-read!

I said ULS - IS - correct; QRZ isn't.

The op has tried to get QRZ for a while; i.e. years.



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:20 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

If the ULS is incorrect, its because the OP didn't tell the FCC, which I believe is a requirement.

I just moved from PA to MO, I notified the FCC online using their online form.   The address was changed in the ULS within a day or so. Can't blame QRZ if the OP doesn't do his homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:14 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hahahaha...

I like QRZ too... when it is correct.

It has many, many errors too. Worse, people have issues getting them to update properly.

I have a friend who has moved 3 times in 14 years & QRZ still insists they live in MASS.; which they haven't in 14 years!  ULS is correct, QRZ isn't.

Even so, if you are operating away from the home QTH, pota, sota, mobile, rover, plane; boat train or the freaking I.S.S.... it would be really helpful to everyone to have a current & accurate gs! Today, in fact ... NOW! Not 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.

Here's a thought;  make what you have work 100% before adding new crap!  Otherwise just rename yourself micros<"t & give yourself the same bad reputation. 

Of course it would be also helpful if you had people who could actually read a map & find themselves on it!  



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:01 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

That's why there's QRZ ... don't need to add extras to WSJT-X, let them concentrate on new modes 

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 3:46 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Uh, no Bill! 

I have had guys send me their grid square of their permanent QTH as the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific, and they wern't on a boat; or island!  They did a typo on the setup.

Had one guy send me a gs that doesn't even exist - ZZxx... only goes up to RR...

Hmmm... if only there were a system where satellites could give you  a precise location & then wsjt-x could read that info automatically & fill in the proper grid square; even if you were mobile or a rover.



73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 1:37 PM Bill Turner via groups.io <w4wnt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There are snowbirds who live in Florida in the winter and "up north" in the summer. Trust what the station sends you.

Bill, W4WNT 















Jeff Townsend
WB8LYJ/R







locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

neil_zampella
 

I missed that, but I also was able to update my information on QRZ by selecting EDIT page.  Very simple ... need a grid ... head here: https://www.levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php.   Updated that the same day I updated ULS.

Again, the OP needs to do his own homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:25 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Please re-read!

I said ULS - IS - correct; QRZ isn't.

The op has tried to get QRZ for a while; i.e. years.



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:20 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

If the ULS is incorrect, its because the OP didn't tell the FCC, which I believe is a requirement.

I just moved from PA to MO, I notified the FCC online using their online form.   The address was changed in the ULS within a day or so. Can't blame QRZ if the OP doesn't do his homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:14 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hahahaha...

I like QRZ too... when it is correct.

It has many, many errors too. Worse, people have issues getting them to update properly.

I have a friend who has moved 3 times in 14 years & QRZ still insists they live in MASS.; which they haven't in 14 years!  ULS is correct, QRZ isn't.

Even so, if you are operating away from the home QTH, pota, sota, mobile, rover, plane; boat train or the freaking I.S.S.... it would be really helpful to everyone to have a current & accurate gs! Today, in fact ... NOW! Not 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.

Here's a thought;  make what you have work 100% before adding new crap!  Otherwise just rename yourself micros<"t & give yourself the same bad reputation. 

Of course it would be also helpful if you had people who could actually read a map & find themselves on it!  



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:01 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

That's why there's QRZ ... don't need to add extras to WSJT-X, let them concentrate on new modes

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 3:46 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Uh, no Bill! 

I have had guys send me their grid square of their permanent QTH as the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific, and they wern't on a boat; or island!  They did a typo on the setup.

Had one guy send me a gs that doesn't even exist - ZZxx... only goes up to RR...

Hmmm... if only there were a system where satellites could give you  a precise location & then wsjt-x could read that info automatically & fill in the proper grid square; even if you were mobile or a rover.



73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 1:37 PM Bill Turner via groups.io <w4wnt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There are snowbirds who live in Florida in the winter and "up north" in the summer. Trust what the station sends you.

Bill, W4WNT 

















locked Re: [New post] DRAWS™ Cases Moving to Production!

Dave Garber
 

commercials now???
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:



k7udr posted: "The final prototypes have arrived and have been checked for assembly. We are moving to the production order this week, after final touch-up, so we should have cases ready to ship in 6-8 Weeks. We will post an assembly video soon. Excuse the Kitchen "

New post on NW Digital Radio

DRAWS Cases Moving to Production!

by k7udr

The final prototypes have arrived and have been checked for assembly. We are moving to the production order this week, after final touch-up, so we should have cases ready to ship in 6-8 Weeks.

We will post an assembly video soon.

Excuse the Kitchen Counter Photos, I wanted you to see the final Case design. Both Cases support the Pi 3 or 4.

Thanks for your patience,
Bryan K7UDR

Early Adopter Case, with the GPS Antenna on the side, mounted on a Pi 3:

Production Case, with the GPS Antenna on the end, mounted on a Pi 4:

Top View, Both Cases:

k7udr | September 28, 2020 at 4:09 pm | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-229


Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws-cases-moving-to-production/



 






locked Re: Using WSJT-X on a small screen?

Dave Garber
 

try changing the screen size in your OS

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 6:36 PM Bill Gaylord <chibill110@...> wrote:
Hello, I am trying to use WSJT-X on a small netbook I got but the settings screen is cut off and doesn't have a scroller. 

KD9KCK



locked [New post] DRAWS™ Cases Moving to Production!

 




k7udr posted: "The final prototypes have arrived and have been checked for assembly. We are moving to the production order this week, after final touch-up, so we should have cases ready to ship in 6-8 Weeks. We will post an assembly video soon. Excuse the Kitchen "

New post on NW Digital Radio

DRAWS Cases Moving to Production!

by k7udr

The final prototypes have arrived and have been checked for assembly. We are moving to the production order this week, after final touch-up, so we should have cases ready to ship in 6-8 Weeks.

We will post an assembly video soon.

Excuse the Kitchen Counter Photos, I wanted you to see the final Case design. Both Cases support the Pi 3 or 4.

Thanks for your patience,
Bryan K7UDR

Early Adopter Case, with the GPS Antenna on the side, mounted on a Pi 3:

Production Case, with the GPS Antenna on the end, mounted on a Pi 4:

Top View, Both Cases:

k7udr | September 28, 2020 at 4:09 pm | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-229


Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws-cases-moving-to-production/



 



locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Darl DEEDS
 

I believe he said that no code is needed. But in any case do you know who he is? I do and he could.  73

 

Darl  NA8W

 

From: neil_zampella
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 14:35
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

 

In that case .. you write the code to do this and submit it.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 12:05 PM, Bob wrote:

Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).

 
 
 

i


locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

M0PWX
 

Thanks Bill

only problem is my Xiegu G90 won't go below 500Khz, as dick dastardly would have said

drat, drat and double drat :(

will have to have a look with my SDR dongle and down convertor, that will go down to 100khz

73

peter

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

73
Bill
G4WJS.

___________________________________________
This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/


locked Using WSJT-X on a small screen?

 

Hello, I am trying to use WSJT-X on a small netbook I got but the settings screen is cut off and doesn't have a scroller. 

KD9KCK


locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

Larry Banks
 

"/p" and other suffixes are optional here in the US too, and using them really messes up loading (for both the originator and responder) to LoTW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message-----
From: groups@...
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 13:56
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] using false grid locators #ft8

The suffixes (/p, /m, /a, etc) are all optional in the UK. so it is
perfectly legal to operate portable here without using /p and the same
may apply in other countries.

In addition we can change the main station address on line and which I
do for simplicity on the air.

Consequently I rarely use a suffix and never on digital modes.

The consequences of this for my call and anyone else in the UK is that
only only our on the air locator is correct and anyone substituting this
in this fashion will be wrong.



Roger
G4HZA

On 28/09/2020 13:22, Michael E Wilson Sr wrote:
I would agree however, normally one would use the appropriate call sign
format to indicate that fact. I have worked plenty and enjoyed it very
much. And when that happened, the logged grid reflected the correct
location for the current operation, not the home location which would have
been false.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 6:49 AM RussB <russb.dba@...> wrote:

Could be he was traveling and operating portable. Or operating a remote
station.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 4:45 AM Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>
wrote:

This morning I was working 80 meters and responded to CQ W9ICK FN00.
Everything went perfectly until I logged the call and discovered that he
was not located in grid FN00, but was in fact EL98pa. What is up? this is
the third or fourth time this has happened in the last week?

73
Mike
KE5WCT












locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Bill Somerville
 

On 28/09/2020 22:49, Jeff Stillinger wrote:
This one is for Bill...

2.3.0 rc-1 built with several compiler warnings.   Should I assume the team is aware and dealing with them, or would you like a full report?
Hi Jeff,

we have cleaned up a lot of compiler warnings recently, the job continues. We think you can safely ignore the remain ones.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

JP Tucson, AZ
 

Thanks Bill

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:44 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi John,

if you right-click the "Settings->Frequencies->Working Frequencies" table body you will find some actions that allow you to do what you wish.  Try this recipe:
  1. Select all your custom frequencies, you can select multiple rows either in blocks with a click at the start and a shift+click at the end, and disjoint rows with a ctrl+click (basically the normal rules for multiple selections),
  2. righ-click on one of the selected rows and choose the "Save as ..." action, that allows you to save a file containing the rows you have selected (keep this file for future reference, it will have a .qrg file extension by deafult),
  3. reset the working frequencies table,
  4. right-click the working frequencies table and select "Merge ..." to merge back in your custom frequencies from the saved file.
73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 28/09/2020 22:35, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please. 

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

73
Bill
G4WJS.






locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Jeff Stillinger
 

This one is for Bill...

2.3.0 rc-1 built with several compiler warnings.   Should I assume the team is aware and dealing with them, or would you like a full report?


locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Bill Somerville
 

Hi John,

if you right-click the "Settings->Frequencies->Working Frequencies" table body you will find some actions that allow you to do what you wish.  Try this recipe:
  1. Select all your custom frequencies, you can select multiple rows either in blocks with a click at the start and a shift+click at the end, and disjoint rows with a ctrl+click (basically the normal rules for multiple selections),
  2. righ-click on one of the selected rows and choose the "Save as ..." action, that allows you to save a file containing the rows you have selected (keep this file for future reference, it will have a .qrg file extension by deafult),
  3. reset the working frequencies table,
  4. right-click the working frequencies table and select "Merge ..." to merge back in your custom frequencies from the saved file.
73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 28/09/2020 22:35, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please. 

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

73
Bill
G4WJS.



locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

JP Tucson, AZ
 

Ooops!

"...own additions are NOT lost"


73 - John - N7GHZ


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:35 PM JP Tucson, AZ via groups.io <samcat88az=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please. 

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

73
Bill
G4WJS.








locked Re: How late is too late to start sending?

John - AI4FR
 

But doing so may cause interference with other stations on that frequency you just moved to. Please make sure the frequency is clear and you'll improve your chances.

73,
John / AI4FR


locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

Georgina Joyce
 

Hello,

That would be nice to resolve all our accessibility problems.

73
On 28 Sep 2020, at 20:38, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:


Or get a utility package like Auto Hot Key, define your own "hot keys"
and write your own script that selects the "Configurations" menu,
selects the desired mode (configuration file), then selects "Switch to".

It's not exactly brain surgery ...

73,

... Joe, W4TV


On 2020-09-28 2:34 PM, neil_zampella wrote:
In that case .. you write the code to do this and submit it.
Neil, KN3ILZ
On 9/28/2020 12:05 PM, Bob wrote:
Nonesence, a keyboard shortcut are simply keystrokes that fake a menu
click. No need for any code other than enabling the key combination
being offered for the menu in question. C'mon guys, you can do better
than these answers. What's the real reason? SeventyThree(s).


Georgina


Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS


locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

JP Tucson, AZ
 

Thanks Jeff,

Now that is useful info!



73 - John - N7GHZ


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:34 PM Jeff Townsend <wb8lyj@...> wrote:
I believe that WSJT-X has code in it already to auto set the grid. In setup there is an autogrid checkbox.

WSJT-X can get the grid over the network.
There is python code to read a GPS and set the grid.

Searching for Autogrid I came up with this that explains how to set it up on windows.



On Sep 28, 2020, at 5:25 PM, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

Please re-read!

I said ULS - IS - correct; QRZ isn't.

The op has tried to get QRZ for a while; i.e. years.



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:20 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

If the ULS is incorrect, its because the OP didn't tell the FCC, which I believe is a requirement.

I just moved from PA to MO, I notified the FCC online using their online form.   The address was changed in the ULS within a day or so. Can't blame QRZ if the OP doesn't do his homework.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 4:14 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hahahaha...

I like QRZ too... when it is correct.

It has many, many errors too. Worse, people have issues getting them to update properly.

I have a friend who has moved 3 times in 14 years & QRZ still insists they live in MASS.; which they haven't in 14 years!  ULS is correct, QRZ isn't.

Even so, if you are operating away from the home QTH, pota, sota, mobile, rover, plane; boat train or the freaking I.S.S.... it would be really helpful to everyone to have a current & accurate gs! Today, in fact ... NOW! Not 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.

Here's a thought;  make what you have work 100% before adding new crap!  Otherwise just rename yourself micros<"t & give yourself the same bad reputation. 

Of course it would be also helpful if you had people who could actually read a map & find themselves on it!  



73 - John - N7GHZ




On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:01 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

That's why there's QRZ ... don't need to add extras to WSJT-X, let them concentrate on new modes 

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 9/28/2020 3:46 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Uh, no Bill! 

I have had guys send me their grid square of their permanent QTH as the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific, and they wern't on a boat; or island!  They did a typo on the setup.

Had one guy send me a gs that doesn't even exist - ZZxx... only goes up to RR...

Hmmm... if only there were a system where satellites could give you  a precise location & then wsjt-x could read that info automatically & fill in the proper grid square; even if you were mobile or a rover.



73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 1:37 PM Bill Turner via groups.io <w4wnt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There are snowbirds who live in Florida in the winter and "up north" in the summer. Trust what the station sends you.

Bill, W4WNT 















Jeff Townsend
WB8LYJ/R







locked Re: WSJT-X 2.3.0 rc-1

JP Tucson, AZ
 

Hi Bill, is there  way to merge the two so that your own additions are lost or having to reenter again.

Is this a file? Name please. 

Thanks

73 - John - N7GHZ


On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 2:30 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 28/09/2020 22:24, Peter SWL2370 wrote:
> installed it to check out the new FST4 and FST4W mode, and found no
> pre-programmed frequencies in the settings > frequencies tab
>
> is there any recommended frequencies i can manually add to listen for
> these (not licensed yet so can only listen)
>
> everything else i use seemed to work fine

Hi Peter,

to pick up recommended working frequencies you need to reset the working
frequencies table to defaults. Go to "Settings->Frequencies" right-click
the Working Frequencies table body and select "Reset".

73
Bill
G4WJS.





locked Re: using false grid locators #FT8

John - AI4FR
 

John - N7GHZ is correct. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of instances at QRZ in which the address is correct on the main page, but click on the "details" tab(where you find the grid info) and it shows the ham in a different state and county. This info is user configurable but many hams do not realize that, or that it is showing their wrong info. Even the hams with beautiful bio's at QRZ.

What this means is that if you are a subscriber at QRZ, the wrong county and possibly grid will be added to your logbook.


73,
John / AI4FR

19921 - 19940 of 36726