Date   

locked Re: QSO Relay version 1.3 #NewUser

Jim - N4ST
 

Bruce,

I installed QSO Relay 1.3 for the first time this morning and it deleted my existing JTAlert ADIF file of over 9,000 QSOs!
Glad I had made a backup of the ADIF file before starting.
What did I do wrong?

__________
73,
Jim - N4ST


From: WSJTX@groups.io [mailto:WSJTX@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bruce VK2RT
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 19:09
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] QSO Relay version 1.3 #new

Please be advised that a new release of QSO Relay (Version 1.3) is now available at http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/
QSO Relay (v1.3) addresses the following issues:
• Modified to work with JTAlertX 2.9.7 onwards using its ‘Standard ADIF File’ and ‘Last QSO API’ logging features;
• Added HRD Logbook duplicate checking and reporting during Database Synchronisation;
• Added more support for globalization of digit grouping and decimal symbols.
Please ensure you also download and read the latest documentaion.
Again we wish to thank all users for their positive feedback and patience in working with us to resolve some of the issues experienced.
We also acknowledge and thank beta testing support from Mikko OH8EJW and Bob K1RI and others who have offered and will no doubt be used in the future.
DE Bruce
VK2RT
_._,_._,_


locked QSO Relay version 1.3 #NewUser

Bruce VK2RT
 
Edited

Please be advised that a new release of QSO Relay (Version 1.3) is now available at http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/

QSO Relay (v1.3) addresses the following issues:

  • Modified to work with JTAlertX 2.9.7 onwards using its ‘Standard ADIF File’ and ‘Last QSO API’ logging features;
  • Added HRD Logbook duplicate checking and reporting during Database Synchronisation;
  • Added more support for globalization of digit grouping and decimal symbols.

Please ensure you also download and read the latest documentation.

Again we wish to thank all users for their positive feedback and patience in working with us to resolve some of the issues experienced.

We also acknowledge and thank beta testing support from Mikko OH8EJW and Bob K1RI and others who have offered and will no doubt be used in the future.

DE Bruce

VK2RT


locked Re: QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #NewUser

Mike Anderson
 

I am now using  QSO Relay and it works awesome with my HRD  6.xx  program and logs  JT Alert  to HRD.    It is free and easy to set up.    I respect  Laurie's decision to not support HRD and as Mike mentioned he detailed why a long time ago and its case closed.   Hope you can give this program a try  Eddy.


Mike

K5NAN


On 5/8/2017 9:46 AM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:

Laurie said he wasn't going to go in to details or even discuss this again.
There was some bad blood going on when HRD blocked JTAlert without warning.
A lot of people switched away from HRD for that and other reasons.  
Purportedly HRD has changed their ways (involving people getting replaced) but it's hard to repair a broken relationship.

de Mike W9MDB


From: Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io <eddyvk@...>
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #new

I am curious, do we know why the JTAlert people dropped this feature?  They must have had their reasons.
HRD is my master local LOG and the automatic logging of JTAlert to HRD is one of the reasons I use it. I am not sure if I want to run yet another layer of support for WSJT-X so I will probably stick with JTAlert 2.8.7 for a while.

Eddy, W6EDY

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 5/4/17, Bruce VK2RT <bruce@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #new
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 5:58 PM

Since support for Ham Radio
Deluxe (HRD) Logbook v6.x is no longer be available from
JTAlertX version 2.9.x., a group of amateurs who wanted to
maintain this link between the latest versions of JTAlertX
and HRD, decided to develop an application to achieve this
end. The software was designed and developed by Chris VK2BYI
who some of you may know, developed and designed FTRestore
for managing menus and memories for the FT-991, FT991A,
FTdx1200 and FTdx3000 radios. JTAlertX adds
significant functionality with audio and visual alerts for
WSJT-X (and JT65-HF etc) and now with QSO Relay we are able
to keep using the latest JTAlertX application (2.9+) in
conjunction with the latest Ham Radio Deluxe software
(6.4+).
QSO Relay is a Windows desktop application that runs
as a System Tray application that listens for contacts being
forwarded from WSJT-X and JTAlertX via the User Datagram
Protocol (UDP). As datagrams are received, they are logged
locally in a SQLite database and then relayed via
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to a Ham Radio Deluxe
Logbook v6.x database.
QSO Relay was developed as a proxy application that
interacts with JTAlertX the same way as one of the alternate
logging applications supported by JTAlertX – Log4OM. This
allows JTAlertX to verify that that QSO has been logged by
querying the SQLite database, before the contact is relayed
to the HRD Logbook database.
As confirmations of contacts are subsequently
received from various sources such as LoTW, eQSL.cc and QSL
Cards, the corresponding rows in the HRD Logbook database
are updated. QSO Relay has a feature whereby contact
confirmations in the HRD Logbook database can be made to the
QSO relay database as well. This synchronisation process is
requested by selecting a QSO Relay menu item.
This in turn should be followed by a ‘Scan Log and
Update…’ in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert
requirements.
Features
Runs as a minimised application with an icon in
the System Tray.Works with HRD Logbook v6.x with
full support for logbooks hosted on the following database
platforms:Microsoft Access (Standard Jet
Database *.mdb files);Microsoft SQL
Server;Oracle MySQL
Server.Synchronisation between the HRD Logbook
database and the QSO Relay database can be triggered when
desired to ensure updates are replicated back to QSO
Relay. 
I have been part of the testing team and have
been using this application for some time now with complete
success. I recommend this application to those who wish to
keep using the latest Ham Radio Deluxe with the latest
JTAlertX.The software is available at
downloading the software, please ensure that you download
and read the associated documentation.The following
link will take you to the VK2BYI-QSO Relay Forum where
support will be available:
you join this Forum in order to keep up to date with any
software changes and maybe provide constructive feedback,
this will be the sole source for software update information
and software support.
ISSUEThere is currently an issue
with Windows Regional
Settings where a comma "," is being
used as the Mhz separator as shown in the WSJT-X/JTDX etc.
frequency window.Quick FIx - if
your Windows Regional
Setting is a comma "," change it
to is a dot "."A new release of QSO Relay will be
available shortly that fixes this issue.
DE BruceVK2RT










locked Re: QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #NewUser

Michael Black
 

Laurie said he wasn't going to go in to details or even discuss this again.
There was some bad blood going on when HRD blocked JTAlert without warning.
A lot of people switched away from HRD for that and other reasons.  
Purportedly HRD has changed their ways (involving people getting replaced) but it's hard to repair a broken relationship.

de Mike W9MDB


From: Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io <eddyvk@...>
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #new

I am curious, do we know why the JTAlert people dropped this feature?  They must have had their reasons.
HRD is my master local LOG and the automatic logging of JTAlert to HRD is one of the reasons I use it. I am not sure if I want to run yet another layer of support for WSJT-X so I will probably stick with JTAlert 2.8.7 for a while.

Eddy, W6EDY

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 5/4/17, Bruce VK2RT <bruce@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #new
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 5:58 PM

Since support for Ham Radio
Deluxe (HRD) Logbook v6.x is no longer be available from
JTAlertX version 2.9.x., a group of amateurs who wanted to
maintain this link between the latest versions of JTAlertX
and HRD, decided to develop an application to achieve this
end. The software was designed and developed by Chris VK2BYI
who some of you may know, developed and designed FTRestore
for managing menus and memories for the FT-991, FT991A,
FTdx1200 and FTdx3000 radios. JTAlertX adds
significant functionality with audio and visual alerts for
WSJT-X (and JT65-HF etc) and now with QSO Relay we are able
to keep using the latest JTAlertX application (2.9+) in
conjunction with the latest Ham Radio Deluxe software
(6.4+).
QSO Relay is a Windows desktop application that runs
as a System Tray application that listens for contacts being
forwarded from WSJT-X and JTAlertX via the User Datagram
Protocol (UDP). As datagrams are received, they are logged
locally in a SQLite database and then relayed via
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to a Ham Radio Deluxe
Logbook v6.x database.
QSO Relay was developed as a proxy application that
interacts with JTAlertX the same way as one of the alternate
logging applications supported by JTAlertX – Log4OM. This
allows JTAlertX to verify that that QSO has been logged by
querying the SQLite database, before the contact is relayed
to the HRD Logbook database.
As confirmations of contacts are subsequently
received from various sources such as LoTW, eQSL.cc and QSL
Cards, the corresponding rows in the HRD Logbook database
are updated. QSO Relay has a feature whereby contact
confirmations in the HRD Logbook database can be made to the
QSO relay database as well. This synchronisation process is
requested by selecting a QSO Relay menu item.
This in turn should be followed by a ‘Scan Log and
Update…’ in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert
requirements.
Features
Runs as a minimised application with an icon in
the System Tray.Works with HRD Logbook v6.x with
full support for logbooks hosted on the following database
platforms:Microsoft Access (Standard Jet
Database *.mdb files);Microsoft SQL
Server;Oracle MySQL
Server.Synchronisation between the HRD Logbook
database and the QSO Relay database can be triggered when
desired to ensure updates are replicated back to QSO
Relay. 
I have been part of the testing team and have
been using this application for some time now with complete
success. I recommend this application to those who wish to
keep using the latest Ham Radio Deluxe with the latest
JTAlertX.The software is available at
downloading the software, please ensure that you download
and read the associated documentation.The following
link will take you to the VK2BYI-QSO Relay Forum where
support will be available:
you join this Forum in order to keep up to date with any
software changes and maybe provide constructive feedback,
this will be the sole source for software update information
and software support.
ISSUEThere is currently an issue
with Windows Regional
Settings where a comma "," is being
used as the Mhz separator as shown in the WSJT-X/JTDX etc.
frequency window.Quick FIx - if
your Windows Regional
Setting is a comma "," change it
to is a dot "."A new release of QSO Relay will be
available shortly that fixes this issue.
DE BruceVK2RT









locked Re: QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #NewUser

Eddy van Keulen
 

I am curious, do we know why the JTAlert people dropped this feature? They must have had their reasons.
HRD is my master local LOG and the automatic logging of JTAlert to HRD is one of the reasons I use it. I am not sure if I want to run yet another layer of support for WSJT-X so I will probably stick with JTAlert 2.8.7 for a while.

Eddy, W6EDY

--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 5/4/17, Bruce VK2RT <bruce@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook #new
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017, 5:58 PM

Since support for Ham Radio
Deluxe (HRD) Logbook v6.x is no longer be available from
JTAlertX version 2.9.x., a group of amateurs who wanted to
maintain this link between the latest versions of JTAlertX
and HRD, decided to develop an application to achieve this
end. The software was designed and developed by Chris VK2BYI
who some of you may know, developed and designed FTRestore
for managing menus and memories for the FT-991, FT991A,
FTdx1200 and FTdx3000 radios. JTAlertX adds
significant functionality with audio and visual alerts for
WSJT-X (and JT65-HF etc) and now with QSO Relay we are able
to keep using the latest JTAlertX application (2.9+) in
conjunction with the latest Ham Radio Deluxe software
(6.4+).
QSO Relay is a Windows desktop application that runs
as a System Tray application that listens for contacts being
forwarded from WSJT-X and JTAlertX via the User Datagram
Protocol (UDP). As datagrams are received, they are logged
locally in a SQLite database and then relayed via
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to a Ham Radio Deluxe
Logbook v6.x database.
QSO Relay was developed as a proxy application that
interacts with JTAlertX the same way as one of the alternate
logging applications supported by JTAlertX – Log4OM. This
allows JTAlertX to verify that that QSO has been logged by
querying the SQLite database, before the contact is relayed
to the HRD Logbook database.
As confirmations of contacts are subsequently
received from various sources such as LoTW, eQSL.cc and QSL
Cards, the corresponding rows in the HRD Logbook database
are updated. QSO Relay has a feature whereby contact
confirmations in the HRD Logbook database can be made to the
QSO relay database as well. This synchronisation process is
requested by selecting a QSO Relay menu item.
This in turn should be followed by a ‘Scan Log and
Update…’ in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert
requirements.
Features
Runs as a minimised application with an icon in
the System Tray.Works with HRD Logbook v6.x with
full support for logbooks hosted on the following database
platforms:Microsoft Access (Standard Jet
Database *.mdb files);Microsoft SQL
Server;Oracle MySQL
Server.Synchronisation between the HRD Logbook
database and the QSO Relay database can be triggered when
desired to ensure updates are replicated back to QSO
Relay. 
I have been part of the testing team and have
been using this application for some time now with complete
success. I recommend this application to those who wish to
keep using the latest Ham Radio Deluxe with the latest
JTAlertX.The software is available at
http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/.  As well as
downloading the software, please ensure that you download
and read the associated documentation.The following
link will take you to the VK2BYI-QSO Relay Forum where
support will be available:
https://groups.io/g/vk2byi-qsorelay/I recommend that
you join this Forum in order to keep up to date with any
software changes and maybe provide constructive feedback,
this will be the sole source for software update information
and software support.
ISSUEThere is currently an issue
with Windows Regional
Settings where a comma "," is being
used as the Mhz separator as shown in the WSJT-X/JTDX etc.
frequency window.Quick FIx - if
your Windows Regional
Setting is a comma "," change it
to is a dot "."A new release of QSO Relay will be
available shortly that fixes this issue.
DE BruceVK2RT


locked Re: ftdx-1200 wsjtx on 5mhz how to

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
 

What country are you in and from which country did you buy your rig?

 

Chances are that you are trying to TX out of your 5MHz allocation  (which is dial freq and audio offset). I’d double check that myself first. I’m talking from experience as I had done exactly the same thing.

 

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

 


locked ftdx-1200 wsjtx on 5mhz how to

DAVID GAYTKO <wd4kpd@...>
 

would most welcome any hints on how to make this rig tx/rx jt65/wsjtx on 5mhz. am running the signalink box and all is ok on everything but 5mhz.


locked Re: Problems using Rigblaster Blue #AudioIssues

R Gape <robin@...>
 

Roger,

you haven't told us:

* what rig you're using

* why you would wish to operate both WSJT-X and Fldigi at the same time

* how CAT or CI/V control is intended to be mediated between these two programs (is a rig control dæmon in use, or is it pot luck?)

* whether you're using JACK or not

* presuming that you are using pulseaudio, whether or not you've set up additional audio devices

* what computing hardware is in use

That said, you might have more joy with the WSJT-X Ubuntu PPA, which is to be found at https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/wsjtx.

There is also an Fldigi PPA at https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/ubuntu/fldigi, which may help, but if nothing else provides the most up-to-date Fldigi, bar code checkout and local compilation.

AFAIK, neither program is designed to be used alongside a competing program consuming/producing the same audio and rig control interfaces. JACK is designed to work as an audio patch panel, and may be the solution to running two audio consumer/producer programs at once, as far as the audio side of things is concerned.

The rigctld dæmon from hamlib (in package libhamlib-utils) might be helpful, since both Fldigi and WSJT-X can use Hamlib NET rigctl to control a rig. However, hamlib does not appear to be designed to mediate between two (independent) controlling entities.

YMMV, there's some reading to be done, no-one ever said it would be easy &c. &c.,

Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX



On 05/03/17 21:56, groups@... wrote:

I've having a curious problem using WSJTX with my Rigblaster Blue which has a bluetooth audio interface.  I have it configured and can receive and transmit with it.

As a preamble I am using FLDIGI simultaneously with WSJTX.  The problem I'm going to describe is apparent with the rig turned off or on.

When I start both FLDIGI and WSJTX they both show the same distinctive spectrum on the waterfall.  I can put FLDIGI in and out of TX or tune modes and the waterfalls continue to display the same spectrum.  However if I put WSJTX in and out of TX or tune modes the spectrum becomes "corrupted" on WSJTX but not FLDIGI.  I can still receive some transmissions but many are lost amongst the corruption.

One thing I have tried is to divert the WSJTX TX audio to other interfaces such as HDMI but I still get the same problem.

I'm using Kubuntu 16.10 and downloaded http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx_1.7.0_amd64.deb


I've looked around for similar problems but run out of ideas on how to resolve this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Roger, GW4HZA



locked Problems using Rigblaster Blue #AudioIssues

Roger
 

I've having a curious problem using WSJTX with my Rigblaster Blue which has a bluetooth audio interface.  I have it configured and can receive and transmit with it.

As a preamble I am using FLDIGI simultaneously with WSJTX.  The problem I'm going to describe is apparent with the rig turned off or on.

When I start both FLDIGI and WSJTX they both show the same distinctive spectrum on the waterfall.  I can put FLDIGI in and out of TX or tune modes and the waterfalls continue to display the same spectrum.  However if I put WSJTX in and out of TX or tune modes the spectrum becomes "corrupted" on WSJTX but not FLDIGI.  I can still receive some transmissions but many are lost amongst the corruption.

One thing I have tried is to divert the WSJTX TX audio to other interfaces such as HDMI but I still get the same problem.

I'm using Kubuntu 16.10 and downloaded http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx_1.7.0_amd64.deb


I've looked around for similar problems but run out of ideas on how to resolve this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Roger, GW4HZA


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out
John Blake



On 5 Mar 2017, at 8:34 am, John Blake <vk6jb@...> wrote:

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out
John Blake



On 5 Mar 2017, at 8:32 am, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

 Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
 To: WSJTX@groups.io
 Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
   Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
 I can get the sound cart to receive
 but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
 CODEC but
 only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
 the radio but
 no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
 with the mac
 setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
 still need a
 little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
   73
     --
 Jim Quick / N4ULE
 n4ule@...
         






locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Sorry typo, the speakers will be for TX into the rig

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:49, John Blake <vk6jb@...> wrote:
One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail
On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick < n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive 
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive 
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


locked Re: radio #NewUser

vk6jb@...
 

Hi Jim

A quick search revealed this, you would need a Yahoo login for one of the results (I don’t have one)

There are probably some specific settings needed to get to to PTT properly (Baud rate etc)

It probably should be listed in the manual?

I’ve attached a PDF that might help, but if this doesn’t come through for any reason click on the ;art link which brings up the search results I got.

Good luck, stick at it, be methodical.

http://dcasler.com/2015/11/25/setting-up-wsjt-x-for-the-yaesu-ftdx3000/






John Blake



On 3 Mar 2017, at 10:57 pm, Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...> wrote:

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.


Bob Nobis 
n7rjn@...


On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


-- 
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...








locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
73
--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...



locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
73
--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...



locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

Eddy van Keulen
 

Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------

On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM

Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...


locked FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...


locked Re: radio #NewUser

Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...>
 

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.


Bob Nobis 
n7rjn@...


On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...







James Quick
 

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...